“Understand Why this is #1 BBQ in Orlando” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 267 restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
BirminghamAL
“Understand Why this is #1 BBQ in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This restaurant moved about 6 months ago from 2103 W. Fairbanks to 1600 W. Fairbanks Ave. It is a new building that is much larger than the old one a few blocks away. It is a bit hard to find because the front of the building doesn't face the front of the street and their logo on the sign is hard to read. The food is served in a cafeteria type line. The dining room has wooden plank tables and benches. One nice "extra" is their sink beside the soft drink dispenser for washing your hands (a must after eating BBQ).

I was back in Orlando for another business trip and came here with several of my colleagues for supper. When we arrived about 5:30 there was only a short line. When we left the line was out of the door and all the way across the front of the building.

This is about the best BBQ I've ever eaten. What makes this place even better are their choice of vegetables available. Besides the standard baked beans (which I thought were too sweet) and cole slaw (just right), they have an assortment of others like greens, corn on the cob, and mac and cheese). The corn bread is extremely good. The large size of the servings will surprise you.

It is nothing fancy, but a good place to eat with business colleagues and/or family that won't break your wallet. Even if the line is out of the door, it moves quickly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Longwood, FL
“Best Texas Style Barbecue this side of Texas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

As others have already said....the main claim to fame at 4 Rivers is the beef brisket. Unlike Sonny's (which is terribly DRY)...it's actually moist, tender, and GOOD! I also love their Barbecue Quesadilla's....which you can get with either beef brisket or chicken.
Unlike most barbecue places....the vegetable sides are fresh...made from scratch....and are VERY good. (Especially the corn....which is shaved off fresh cobs that have been roasted). Our Longwood location has a large Sweet Shop with a great variety of cakes, cupcakes, ice cream, and a coffee shop too! I HIGHLY recommend 4 Rivers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you want BBQ this is what you want. I have always liked 4R even when they where a little hole in the wall now that they are moving up the quality is still the same . I am very picky about BBQ and I must say that this place is worth it ...Simply D**n good BBQ . I like to bring business meetings here because after a round of 4R BBQ everyone is in a good mood .

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, UK
“Worth the trip to Florida alone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

OMG.

Decent 'cue is always on the agenda when we visit the states but the food here far surpassed all other 'cue we have ever had!

In all my life I have never tasted such juicy, delicious brisket. Seriously, it just melts in the mouth. Our party also had burnt ends, pulled chicken and pulled pork, all of which were very tasty. Sides were generally good but the corn had a lot of garlic. I love garlic but it was too strong even for me. BBQ beans were good - nice and sweet. Mac n Cheese was also delicious.

We loved the casual approach - informal decor, big high top tables and food served on trays. We also didn't mind the fact there was no alcohol either - the cream soda went down a treat with the food. May not suit everyone though.

We are still talking about this meal and we've been back in the UK for almost 3 weeks. That's how good it was. Can't wait to go back and eat it all over again...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
“Best BBQ in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I heard several co-worker talking about this place and they were right the food is EXCELLENT.
I been lucky the few times i visited this place the waiting time was nothing out the world 10- 15 minutes the most. Ordering the food can be a little complicated since wasn't sure about the side orders, we had ribs, brisket, chicken and sausage, this order was 4 people...Can be a little overprice, but food is excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere