“Nice restaurant, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 267 restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: American, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Ethos Vegan Kitchen is a full-service vegan restaurant just north of Orlando in historic Winter Park featuring hearty, homestyle fare.Menu selections are 100% vegan and include light bites, soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, main dishes, pizza, desserts and a children's menu. Ethos also features a selection of vegan beer and wine, and vegan bakery items made from scratch on-site daily. In addition to our regular menu, a weekend Brunch menu is available on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 3pm.We are open Monday through Friday, 11am to 11pm, and on Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 11pm. Ethos is located on Fairbanks Avenue at New York, one block west of Park Avenue.
Monterey, California
“Nice restaurant, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

First the good things about this restaurant. It's a nice environment with some interesting art work and comfortable seating and the staff is nice and I'm glad they are popular and promoting vegan dining. Unfortunately neither I nor my mom cared much for the food. I'm a combination "foodie" and health nut so I'm kind of hard to please and my mom is a very good cook so it takes a lot to please her. I had the pizza and it was nothing special - just some white dough with some vegan cheese and a nondescript marinara sauce. My mom had the pecan encrusted eggplant and it and the things that came with it were just so-so. I just came from spending six months in California and so I'm spoiled by vegan/vegetarian restaurants using fresh, seasonal ingredients with unique and interesting recipes. The food at Ethos tasted more like a chain restaurant that just happened to switch their ingredients from normal American food to vegan. I hope it's a start of better things for this area and I would go back and try it again just because I like vegan food but I'd go with a lot lower expectations next time.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Vegan Joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was taking my vacation and wanted to go to a restaurant that served vegan food, because my family are vegan-vegetarians. It took us about 25 minutes from our hotel to have dinner but, it was fantastic and exceeded our expectations and even went back the next day for lunch. The service was great and they were polite and helpful. The food was absolutely delicious. We were very please with all our choices. The BBQ Chickun was excellent with mash potatoes, collard greens, and coleslaw. You must try the sausage roll also. The kids will love the pizza bread. I will recommend this restaurant to all my vegans friends who travel to Orlando. Great place to get a good meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, South Carolina
“Even if you are NOT Vegan you will love this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great ambiance, outstanding service, wonderful wine list, delicious food YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IT IS VEGAN. Jonathan was our server and he was amazing. We would eat here again. The decor is very nice and a bit upscale looking. Huge portions and even the reheated food the next day was just as good.

Visited December 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Wow!!! Just wow !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

They have some great vegan food. Whenever I can I like to stop by and try something new and so far never been disappointed. Great service and the food is very very tasty. Try anything and you won't a disappointed.

Daphne, Alabama
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife, who is vegan, really wanted to try a this place. Me ... I eat mostly vegan, with a daily portion of meat or fish. (I am not fully convinced I can live without it, yet). However, I must say, the food and service here was suburb. A great dining experience. Loved the flavors and textures, wine and beer. Nothing we tried we did not enjoy. We even ordered take out to bring back to our condo at Disney. It is now on our plan to visit here at least once every Orlando visit (4x/yr). If we do it as our first meal out, we can load up on take-out to last a few days during our vacation. Prices are very good and well worth it. My wife was not disappointed, and either was I. I put a few pics on as well. The staff are helpful and happy.