“Not a good choice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center

You added Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center to your Saves list
Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 3rd Street SW, Winter Haven, FL 33880 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
“Not a good choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off, we were afraid to exit our car, then once inside, the room was uneasy. Half used soaps, and needless to say we never used the shower there. The staff seemed friendly, but as I called regarding a keepsake my son left after checking out, was told by a staff member that it was gone. Called back later, and another employee went and found my item. However, was told it would be mailed to me but never was. I know you get what you pay for, but this was ridiculous.

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I rented one room for two days for myself and my dog when we got back from Tennessee. I informed the night lady of my dog and showed her he is tagged, well behaved, and not large. She said he was fine but there was a pet fee which I figured as much. I paid using my debit card and next morning I paid for another night with same card. When check out time arrived my mother got into a deck on her way to pick me up I explained it to front desk lady and she was ok then she sent the maids to tell me I had to go even though I explained it and my dad was coming he would be there n 15min. Then while my dad was parking to help me load my stuff he brought his dog and I was holding her leash. The front desk lady said I had only paid for one pet fee and that their causing other guest to get upset bc of the barking. I know for a fact there were no other guest on that floor bc of maids and maintenance PPL had all the doors opened and they barked maybe twice their older dogs. Then told her I only had one dog in the room and that she could she the other came with my dad so she had no permission to charge me another fee. Next thing I know I find an apt went to pay for lights and my debit card was over drawn they charged me for 3 nights and 2 pet fees per night. I call them the lady hung up and my debit card said I needed a regular receipt for what I was paying for bc hotels have other fees. They refused and kept my money. Over 300$ for bad customer service and dirty room with weird smell for only 2nights and one dog.

• Stayed June 2014
WinterHavenSuites1, General Manager at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
The above mentioned review is not the customer service we strive to achieve and I would like to take some time and investigate the above mentioned issues.
I am the new General Manager here at "Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center", and I am in need of a bit more information to complete a thorough research of the events.

Please contact me at the hotel,

Sharon Livengood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Go somewhere else. The front desk clerk was nice but the frills end there. The bathroom door was off the hinges, never took my shoes off was scared to walk on the dirty carpet. Old outdated. Only plus was didn't see a bug.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

The property is a landmark hotel in Winter Haven, we as a "New Management" team, are upgrading the rooms ,carpet's, along with interiors remodeled, etc..

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so that I may properly introduce myself and invite you to come back and see the upgrades that are currently undergoing.

Sharon Livengood
Caro, MI, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

When we entered the room for our one-night stay, it looked good. Then the odor hit. It smelled like they had shampooed the carpet with a combination of water and urine...honestly. If we weren't going to be out with friends for the entire evening, I would have demanded a new room. We cranked up the air and went out. When we arrived back at the room, it still smelled horrible. I had to cover my nose and breathe through my mouth in order to sleep for the four hours. I didn't even take a shower in the morning; I just wanted to get out of there. Sorry, guys, you were a real disappointment.

Room Tip: I would check out the room before you pay for it if at all possible. I know there have been some go...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
WinterHavenSuites1, General Manager at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear Jan M,

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. As part of our preventive maintenance program, we deep clean our carpets at least once a month or as needed. We use carpet cleaning products that are nationally recognize and that are use by many hotel worldwide. We can guarantee you that your carpet was clean.

We will also reach to our distributor to explore different sense for the product.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and, if you ever visit Winter Haven and give us the opportunity to serve you, please reach out to us at our 24 hours front desk service, if we are not able to meet your expectations so we can rectify the situation immediately.

Again, thank you and looking forward to your future visit.

Winter Haven Suites Hotel Management and staff
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

This hotel and the staff were really good at pleasing me and my wife. The lobby was excellent and so was the furniture. The clerks were all. Very helpful and they made sure that we were well informed.

Room Tip: Ask for new remodeled rooms
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
WinterHavenSuites1, General Manager at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Jimmie,

Thank you very much for your comments. It was our pleasure to host you during your recent visit to our property.

Our management and staff is very commited to the satisfaction of every costumer that visit our property and we thank you for sharing that commitment with the world.

Looking forward to host you again in the near future.

Winter Haven Management and Staff
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Great place, great staff, great menus, everything about WHSCC is pretty much amazing! I mean the rooms' toilet/bath has TVs in them! What's better than that? Not to mention the pool is the best. Comfortable place and very affordable! Recommend it to all!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
WinterHavenSuites1, General Manager at Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Dear Brandon P,

Wow!

Thanks for your review.

It is definitely inspiring that someone is so greatful about what we are working on. It is a great feeling to know that we exceed your expectations and that we are on the right direction to make sre we exceeed every guest expectation, every time.

Looking forward to serve you in the future.

Best Regards,

Carlos Adorno
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

If you're looking for a place with a nice environment filled with great staff, great food, great bar, nice events, a clean pool and best of all, comfortable, great price rooms...... This is the place you need to be. I recently visited WHSCC with tons of family and a couple of friends, and we had a great time. For the affordable prices, the rooms were great! I will be staying here every time I'm stopped in Winter Haven!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Tristan,

We are very greatful that you took some of your valuable time to write comments about our hotel.

We are very commited to provide our guests with a great product, great service and a memorable experience.

We are looking forward to serve you in the near future.

Thanks a lot,

Carlos Adorno

Been to Winter Haven Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!