“Don't waste your time or money.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cypress Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winter Haven
Cypress Inn
You added Cypress Inn to your Saves list
5651 Cypress Gardens Road, Winter Haven, FL 34240   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
“Don't waste your time or money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked through Expedia, drove 6 hours for them to tell us they don't take Expefia. They tried to have us hand out credit card over through a slot because they wouldn't open the foot . The place looked dirty and dingy. People were rude and did not want to talk to us.

• Stayed September 2013

Families
Solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Dont like it here wow how many times do I have to post here?? The guy wife is a pain they are rude and the rooms are nasy mole in the shower hair on the bed plz dont go here they need new owners the hotels in Danbury ct are alot cleaner (Nasty) this place is and the swiming pool we cant use it theres no water in it this place should be closed down

• Stayed July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

If you wish to stay at a motel, but feel like you are staying in a trailer park, then this place is for you! If you wish to have a quiet, stay then go elsewhere. There are a gang of 'live in' residence that hang out outside of the front office swearing drinking and smoking every night at all hours. There are police there almost every night and rumor has it this is because of drug deals that have gone on here. I noticed multiple women there eachevening which I would bet my life were prostitutes. The people in the office were not at all friendly and when i asked to leave and get my money back after going into my room and walking right back out they would not give it to me. I was forced to stay there several days and would rather have slept in my car. The rooms were filthy, my sheets were stained and there was cigarette ash in the drawer of my 'non-smoking' room. PLEASE STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. There are plenty of nice motels in Winter Haven, this is only good if you wish to hang out with children and prostitues at 2 in the morning. By the way, the swimming pool had dog poo in it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

Went to their website to book but since the reservation was for 2008 and the website only worked up to 2007 we called. Were told we would receive the 10% off internet rate but when we arrived they tried to charge us full price. Then we went to the room. Small but with a great backyard view of scrap siding, discarded building materials and trash. We then noticed the ants. Yes the large amount of ants all eating some sort of large dead insect in the middle of the kitchen area. We left and went and told the couple running the place and they went and looked and said "oh, something must have died, I will give you another room". Needless to say we took our money and said no thanks. The lobby was a mess as well as the office room behind the desk. I'm sure in the 50's this was wonderful but if you drive up US27 you will find better hotels for the same price.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The ants
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

First I recently stayed there Feb. 2008. It is one of the older inns but with new everything. Paint, carpet and furniture. The bathrooms are spotless. The couple running the place were so accommodating. They certainly work hard. They are working on the curb appeal but honestly I was very happy staying there and will make my reservations again directly with the innkeeper.

• Liked — It was new and clean, clean, clean. New carpet, furniture and fresh and clean bath.
  • Disliked — I was told it would take about two years for the curb appeal to grow in with landscaping.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Cypress Inn? Share your experiences!