“Tasty and quick service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 173 Restaurants in Winter Haven
Cuisines: American
Westerville, Ohio
“Tasty and quick service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went here for dinner the night we arrived in Winter Haven. The chicken quesadillas were delicious and plenty in an order. My daughter said her chicken fingers were really good as well. My only complaint was our table was VERY wobbly and my husband tried to fix it by putting a folded up napkin under the one leg and it didn't help. We mentioned it to the waitress and also the manager when he stopped by and no one seemed that concerned about it or apologized. It was so wobbly it was difficult to eat and we kept grabbing at our drinks thinking they were going to fall over. Maybe now after this review they'll fix it

Visited June 2012

Delray Beach, Florida
“Typical Applebee's - OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a light lunch with another couple. Applebee's was an ok place to have a light soup and salad lunch while we chatted about old times. I personally skipped the salad in favor of a Turkey and Fried Green Tomato sandwich with a bowl of French Onion Soup. The sandwich was wonderful. The soup was very good but could have been a little hotter. The price was right for a light lunch. As chain restaurants go, Applebee's is ok.

Visited June 2012
“Wrong meal served with NO resolve! Flies flying around our table.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We just wanted something different! As there are not allot of choices in Winter Haven we decided to push our luck & go to Applebee's. Big mistake! Although we were seated quickly & our waiter was friendly enough, the table was sticky & the area looked worn & dirty. There was a dirty musty smell in the air. We ordered mozzarella sticks for a appetizer which arrived promptly but room temperature. So hungry we ate some. Then our waiter came back to take our dinner order at my request to him. I ordered a Oriental grilled chicken salad, my husband order a spicy Bourbon steak. They brought the wrong meal to my husband but the girls reply was, oh I don't know cause I don't take orders & walked away! 10 minutes later a manager, I think, came over to ask if there was a problem since we hadn't touched our food & most likely were looking a bit dumb founded, we explained to the manager the wrong meal arrived. They brought a plain flat iron steak & he ordered a spices Bourbon steak. 1st he argue it was correct, then when we pointed the obvious missing ingredients, he said, oh you're right & walked away! 5 minutes later came back with a plate of cooked onions & dumped it over my husband's plate. This shocked us. End result, his food by then was cold still the wrong order but with grilled onions on top, when he tried to eat it & was not right. Taste dried up & gross not spicy & it was cold. Bill arrived & we expressed to our shocked waiter that we still were not pleased, as flies were still buzzing around our table & he offered a box for our food. "REALLY"?!? No thank you!! Never will go back!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Pretty good for a chain.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Same in NY as in Florida. Food always looks better on the menu than it does when it arrives. The Weight Watcher items are the best bets..

Visited March 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“standard applebees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Ok place to grab a quick lunch or dinner, standard applebee's menu. A good place to stop by on your way to Legoland.