“Conference Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel

You added Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Special Price
Book Now & get 25% off!
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
Winter Haven, Florida
“Conference Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We held my daughter's birthday party at this site. The staff members were friendly and very accommodating. The Chef created a menu appealing to younger guests. We were pleased with our experience and recommend this site for your next event.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Middleburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Refrigerator did not work - loose outlets - it's an electrical nightmare and a fire waiting to happen. Heat did not work on coldest day of the year. Solution - a space heater. Should have comped room!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was probably a great spot in the early 90s but has since been left to get old and worn down. The elevator is old and sketchy. The rooms had pretty good beds, the electrical outlets in our room seemed to be so old they didn't grip our cell phone chargers and the lamp that was attached hardly stayed on either. The complimentary breakfast was a nice touch but lacked any meat options. Just eggs and waffles. But hey it was "free" The Oranges are so good. There is a kid room, but we were there for LEGOLAND! Literally a minute away!

Dont expect a high end resort quality stay, but as far as the value for the money its just alright,
The staff was friendly and the shower hot. This place can definitely use a renovation! And with Legoland getting a brand new resort in a few months they may want to reconsider it!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a really nice stay here. It was easy to find, parking was easy, service at the front desk was quick and friendly. My room was clean and spacious and the bed was pretty comfortable, as well. The only little thing I noticed is that the coffee maker didn't have the tray it needed to actually make the coffee. I'm sure this could have been remedied quickly, but I was on the way out the door anyway, so it didn't matter much. I got this hotel as a Groupon deal and have absolutely no complaints. I may be heading up to Winter Haven again in a few weeks and would stay there again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Traveling with kids under 6. The elevator was not working, the room was dirty, ran down, heater was not working (night was 55 degrees), the air filters were filled with dust, the tv was from the 80s, the sheets had stains, the bath tub was moldy. This room was so bad that we didn't know where to put our things or what to do with ourselves. This was the worst night of my life. My husband killed 2 spiders. We paid for 2 nights but we are driving 5 hours back home tonight after Lego land. We are not interested in exploring any other hotels in this area. Don't get fooled by the proximity to Lego land, drive to Orlando and stay there at a hotel. We are hoping we didn't get bed bug bites. Omg....this was a very long night, you are better off sleeping in the car....trust me! Free breakfast? Who wants to eat there? No thank you.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.....really really bad. No from is better.
Central Florida, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The front of the hotel and the lobby make you think it's a nice place. The pictures look great but this is an OLD hotel, with dirty, worn carpet in room, the finish on the tub was almost completely worn off and the toilet had a dark ring. It was gross. It smelled stsle and musty and a faint odor or old urine. Simply not worth $69/night. They need to invest in some updated furnishings, new carpet, new bathroom fixtures, and last but not least, some good cleaning products and someone who knows how to use them. The front desk was friendly enough but not overly so. Will not stay here again and will not recommend it. It is not GRAND.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
Bristol, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just came from Disney's Pop Century which is a "value" resort, great place. This however, not so much. The lobby is decent and maybe even nice. After I checked in with my daughter, the girl at the front desk told me our room was on the 3rd floor. She said to go up one flight of stairs and then take the elevator. I had to drag two heavy suitcase up the stairs to get to the elevator. On our way to the elevator we walked by a room that we could see in thru the window. It was totally trashed, as in mattress up on wall, debris all over floor, wall broken down. Not sure if they were renovating, but why would you leave the furniture in there to do that? We got to our room which looked pretty clean but upon further inspection I started to feel I made a bad choice. It's a very dated hotel, dirt in corners, hair in our beds, mildew on bathroom ceiling, oh and I found 3 teeny tiny ants in my bed. Which made me itchy and worried the whole night that they were bed bugs. When I took a shower, the drain must be clogged because the water wasn't draining. Finally at 10pm I fell asleep, only to be awoken by other guests that were very loud. Screaming toddler for most of the night was a plus,the walls are very thin. I wanted to call the front desk to complain about the noise but of course that wasn't an option on their phone. As I lay here at 2am writing this review, I am disappointed. I wanted to bring my daughter to Legoland and thought this would be a decent hotel. Let me also say I have never written a review of any place I've stayed at. This place definitely has made a negative impact on me. I haven't even had the "free" breakfast yet so I'm a little worried. It is close to legoland but to me not worth it.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel

Address: 5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Winter Haven
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
Hotel Class:3 star — Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel 3*
Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel,overlooking Legoland(R) Florida Theme Park offers every amenity to make both business and leisure travelers feel right at home. Guests will be close to a variety of local attractions including Legoland(R) Florida Theme Park, Lake Eloise, Historic Bok Sanctuary, Golf, Fishing, Polk Museum of Art and Fantasy of Flight. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Admirals Hotel
Best Western Winter Haven
Winter Haven Best Western

If you own or manage Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.