“WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT ONE STAR IF NOT FOR THE FRONT DESK” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel

You added Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Special Price
Tripadvisor Special RATE
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
“WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT ONE STAR IF NOT FOR THE FRONT DESK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It is unfortunate that I can not give a better rating. This hotel is quite obviously under renovations (except for the lobby which is gorgeous) but I was so scared for my four year old to get on the elevators. The elevator near the front of the hotel lurched downward and my husband and I very seriously contemplated carrying all our luggage up the stairs instead. Dead bugs all in the corners of the walkways, rusty soffets and leaks everywhere, rooms are average motel fair. I will say the front desk staff were wonderful. We were originally in room 302. We left for the day to go to Legoland (of course) and when we returned the room smelled so strongly of smoke that it gave me a headache (both my husband and I are non-smokers). The front desk gal was kind enough to find us a different room on the same level (320). Room 302 had problems with hot water and the closet doors were faulty. However, the A/C was awesome a little loud but after a full day in an amusement park no one cared, we all slept fine. Room 320 had plumbing problems with the toilet but the water ran steaming hot. The problem with that room was more that it wasn't clean. There were hairs all over the place in the bathroom. My daughter likes to take baths but there was no way I was letting her tush hit the bottom of that bathtub (OMW Gross!). It was just a real shame. Now I know why it was only $70 a night (even with being right next to Legoland)!

Sorry, next time I book I will be going with a chain hotel down the road.

Room Tip: My tip would be to look past the excellent pricing and go with a hotel that is CLEAN.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good afternoon from The Magnuson Grand located in tropical Winter Haven, Florida, home to Legoland.

My family and I have been guests within The Magnuson Grand going on 4 weeks tommorrow, and we have enjoyed every moment of each day.

Most importantly, I would like to commend the front staff for their professionalism, expeditious manner in checking us in, answering all questions with complete confidence, and resolving any situation with an uplifting smile and attitude. Thank you to Daviana, Jessica, Kathy, Gabrielle, and Ginny.

Also, a special thank you to Valerie Burnett, General Manager, and, Mike Pavlik, Assistant Manager for their sincere understanding within our personal accommodations, and their phenomenal managerial practice's on site.

Also, we would like to spread more recognition, and, heartfelt gratitude to Housekeeping. Each team member exudes such professionalism. Clean suites are always topped off with all the necessities/toiletries of home. We are proud to recognize each member as a true asset to the hotel, and we look forward each day hearing the gracious knock on our door. Thank you to Virginia, Anna, Kristi, Tracey, Cheryl, Eloise, Di, and, Housemen, Marvin and Kevin.

The grounds are so lusciously landscaped. The Olympic size pool is beautifully encased within a variety of tropical foliage, bringing me a feeling of pure tranquility. A pleasant surrounding to meditate in the early morning hours. And, a hot tub which quickly releases all joint pain giving myself a peaceful night's sleep.

I sincerely recommend visiting the Magnuson Grand. It not only has a stupendous and outgoing staff in all areas; Management, Office Staff, and Housekeeping, but it's just a hop...skip...and...a...jump away from Legoland. Blessings to all who read my review!

From The Family of Three

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wanna give a big special thanks to the best front desk employee u have working davana resolved everything i needed an ask. May stay has been the best stay specialy for my kidz with your xbox game room

• Stayed December 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

Our family attended a wedding reception recently and the hotel was very pleasant. The ballroom and lobby were very well decorated and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The best part was the food provided by the catering service, who were very professional and showed great service.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

We arrived late and they gave a special rate. That was nice. The bed was clean, and the room, a suite, was large. They do need to replace the fold out couch though. As for breakfast, yum. It had everything you could ask for. I would go again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. We like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve. We will be looking at the fold out sofabeds to see where improvements can be made. Please come see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014 via mobile

I paid $45 a night on Groupon. I've been to every theme park in the country. Rooms are decent, free breakfast, and great location to Legoland. Anyone that complained about this place is used to staying at a five star. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for your review of our Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel As part of the new ownership / management staff that has recently taken over at the hotel, we appreciate all reviews; both good and bad. We are steady in making improvements and with comments such as yours, we will continue in our goal of making the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel as grand and special as we feel it is to our guests. Wishing for you to return and see for yourself! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

i had the unfortunate experience to stay in this pigsty for 1 nite , i was supposed to stay 3 ! .The room was disgusting , filthy , and outdated . There was a foul smell in the room the moment i entered the room , carpet was torn and ripped up at doorway , windows were filthy inside and out and the bathrooms were gross , there was a dirty ring in the bowel .The room was also INFESTED with bugs ( i terminated 20 or so myself ) i suggest they hire a terminator to kill the bugs , .The only reason i stayed here was its location , being near to LEGOLAND .I checked into another hotel disinfected my personal items washed all my clothes and left my bag in the trunk of my rental car , 0 out of 10 how the health department allows an operation like this to continue is amazing , if the room was this filthy i can only imagine the hygiene in the kitchen area shame on you ...

Room Tip: stay somewhere else and drive to lego land
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and we feel your stay was totally unacceptable for our new standards based on your comments. Please contact the hotel directly and reach out to the manager Valerie Bryant, with your receipt as would like to research your stay and offer you a return visit at our expense.
We are extremely anxious to hear from you and hope to soon!

Been to Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!