“Wedding Reception” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel

You added Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family attended a wedding reception recently and the hotel was very pleasant. The ballroom and lobby were very well decorated and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The best part was the food provided by the catering service, who were very professional and showed great service.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Biloxi, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived late and they gave a special rate. That was nice. The bed was clean, and the room, a suite, was large. They do need to replace the fold out couch though. As for breakfast, yum. It had everything you could ask for. I would go again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. We like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. It is only with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve. We will be looking at the fold out sofabeds to see where improvements can be made. Please come see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I paid $45 a night on Groupon. I've been to every theme park in the country. Rooms are decent, free breakfast, and great location to Legoland. Anyone that complained about this place is used to staying at a five star. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for your review of our Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel As part of the new ownership / management staff that has recently taken over at the hotel, we appreciate all reviews; both good and bad. We are steady in making improvements and with comments such as yours, we will continue in our goal of making the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel as grand and special as we feel it is to our guests. Wishing for you to return and see for yourself! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

i had the unfortunate experience to stay in this pigsty for 1 nite , i was supposed to stay 3 ! .The room was disgusting , filthy , and outdated . There was a foul smell in the room the moment i entered the room , carpet was torn and ripped up at doorway , windows were filthy inside and out and the bathrooms were gross , there was a dirty ring in the bowel .The room was also INFESTED with bugs ( i terminated 20 or so myself ) i suggest they hire a terminator to kill the bugs , .The only reason i stayed here was its location , being near to LEGOLAND .I checked into another hotel disinfected my personal items washed all my clothes and left my bag in the trunk of my rental car , 0 out of 10 how the health department allows an operation like this to continue is amazing , if the room was this filthy i can only imagine the hygiene in the kitchen area shame on you ...

Room Tip: stay somewhere else and drive to lego land
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and we feel your stay was totally unacceptable for our new standards based on your comments. Please contact the hotel directly and reach out to the manager Valerie Bryant, with your receipt as would like to research your stay and offer you a return visit at our expense.
We are extremely anxious to hear from you and hope to soon!
Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

I'm in town working for the next few months. I picked this hotel because I was able to get a weekly rate of $299, which included housekeeping only once a week. This hotel is immediately outside of LegoLand, which used to be called Cypress Gardens. I think back in the 1967 when this hotel was built, it was probably trendy. I met a guy here in Winter Haven who said during the early 1990's the property was called Admiral's Inn, and it was a nice place. Unfortunately, that time has passed. The hotel is in extremely poor repair. The landscaping is dirt and weeds, and filled with trash and cigarette butts. My room has a microwave that looks almost exactly like the one my parents had in the 1980s. It has a big dial on the front you spin to set the time. The metal door frames have rust on them, the toilet in the bathroom is mounted crooked and so you have to sit on it sideways.

In my shower, there was a pubic hair stuck to the ceiling. There were also multiple putrified bugs stuck to the ceiling in the shower as well. I found a huge spider web in one corner that was filled with dead flies. By the way, this was the upgraded room!!!

I booked a room with a microwave and refrigerator but when I arrived the room they gave me had none of that. I went to the front desk I explained to them that my two coworkers got rooms with the microwave and fridge, and I asked them to move me. The very nice lady told me, "I'm going to put you in the tower, but don't tell your friends because they'll be jealous."

Bwwwaaahhhhahahahahahahaha - Yeah, right!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the "tower". On Friday nights, the bar across the street plays music so...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it appears we have failed to meet your expectations. If you are still a guest at our resort; please ask to speak with the manager Valerie Bryant regarding your stay. For our shortcomings, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope to hear back from you soon!
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

I paid 89.99 and the room and staff was great. The house keeping on the other hand not so nice and we left the room for a whole day and came back it was still not clean at all. When she came to clean it she was rude. Breakfast has no choices just package grits, oat meal, cereal and tots. No meat/eggs unless u want to pay 3.00 for ONE. The night shift workers were great omg THE ELEVATOR STOP WORKING AT ONE POINT WE HAD TO USE THE STAIRS TO GO OUT WHICH IS HARD FOR A WHEEL CHAIR. I THINK FIRST FLOOR SHOULD BE FOR GUEST WITH disabilities.

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for your review of our Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel! As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it appears we have failed in some areas. For our shortcomings, we sincerely apologize. Elevator issues are uncommon and we regret that it happened while you were a guest. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!
Santa Barbara, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

OK but dated and Spartan. Has a bar. Restaurant food is plain. Breakfast is minimal.
Some nearby restaurants. Some do to serve alcohol (check).
Near Legoland. 15 miles to skydiving in Lake Wales. Lots of parking.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel! As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it appears we have failed to meet your expectations. For our shortcomings, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!

Been to Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!