“Dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Special Price
FALL BACK SPECIAL!!
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Winter Haven, Florida
“Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'm in town working for the next few months. I picked this hotel because I was able to get a weekly rate of $299, which included housekeeping only once a week. This hotel is immediately outside of LegoLand, which used to be called Cypress Gardens. I think back in the 1967 when this hotel was built, it was probably trendy. I met a guy here in Winter Haven who said during the early 1990's the property was called Admiral's Inn, and it was a nice place. Unfortunately, that time has passed. The hotel is in extremely poor repair. The landscaping is dirt and weeds, and filled with trash and cigarette butts. My room has a microwave that looks almost exactly like the one my parents had in the 1980s. It has a big dial on the front you spin to set the time. The metal door frames have rust on them, the toilet in the bathroom is mounted crooked and so you have to sit on it sideways.

In my shower, there was a pubic hair stuck to the ceiling. There were also multiple putrified bugs stuck to the ceiling in the shower as well. I found a huge spider web in one corner that was filled with dead flies. By the way, this was the upgraded room!!!

I booked a room with a microwave and refrigerator but when I arrived the room they gave me had none of that. I went to the front desk I explained to them that my two coworkers got rooms with the microwave and fridge, and I asked them to move me. The very nice lady told me, "I'm going to put you in the tower, but don't tell your friends because they'll be jealous."

Bwwwaaahhhhahahahahahahaha - Yeah, right!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the "tower". On Friday nights, the bar across the street plays music so...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I paid 89.99 and the room and staff was great. The house keeping on the other hand not so nice and we left the room for a whole day and came back it was still not clean at all. When she came to clean it she was rude. Breakfast has no choices just package grits, oat meal, cereal and tots. No meat/eggs unless u want to pay 3.00 for ONE. The night shift workers were great omg THE ELEVATOR STOP WORKING AT ONE POINT WE HAD TO USE THE STAIRS TO GO OUT WHICH IS HARD FOR A WHEEL CHAIR. I THINK FIRST FLOOR SHOULD BE FOR GUEST WITH disabilities.

• Stayed October 2014
Santa Barbara, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

OK but dated and Spartan. Has a bar. Restaurant food is plain. Breakfast is minimal.
Some nearby restaurants. Some do to serve alcohol (check).
Near Legoland. 15 miles to skydiving in Lake Wales. Lots of parking.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I didn't have enough funds to stay at the Holiday Inn our baseball team was staying at, so I internet searched and this place seemed the best fit for my needs. The Magnuson price matched a hotels.com rate of $63 (very much appreciated). No way I would waste my money on the rate they were asking. The other newer place was only $20 more AND had an wonderful breakfast layout (unlike Magnuson)...From the getgo, I decided to bring Lysol, my own pillows, and sheets. All very much needed. I just needed somewhere to stay overnight. I had a feeling of what I was getting into from the reviews and came prepared. The lobby looks nice and clean, definitely an old place. Rooms: I wouldn't walk barefoot on those rugs (eww) so always had my flip flops on; ceilings had water rot; water didn't drain in the seemingly dirty shower (i did a wipedown and practically emptied a can of Lysol in the entire room/pillows/bed/handles/toilet seat...everywhere); coffee maker covered in dust (I really wanted a cup of coffee :( ...). Sheets were wrinkled as though they had been slept on (not like they-just-came-out-of-the-wash wrinkled). Therefore we slept on top of our own blankets and pillows and covered with our own blankets. I had to creatively prop up our phone chargers bc the very few outlets I found in the room were loose so plugins wouldn't stay put. Breakfast...uh no. Go elsewhere if you have the time. Cold cereal, usual breads selection, one big bowl of yogurt, couple of fruits...waffle maker didn't work. I was willing to rough it, I knew what I was getting into, and I got exactly what I expected. Needless to say, we have baseball again this weekend in Winter Haven, and I opted to be comfortable this time and stay at Holiday Inn. Buuuut if it comes down to it again, and the price is right, I might "rough it" if need be. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...you can't stay at a 2 star and expect magnificence. Front desk and staff very pleasant and helpful. They get 5 stars.

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Ciudad Cochabamba, Cochabamba, Bolivia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful hotel. The service is great . I had a wedding 2 week ago the service is great the breakfast is delicious. You feel at home and very comfortable. The room was very clean and we really enjoyed it. We loved the pool . If you go to lego land you should stay here is great . I totally recommend it for weddings parties or any fun events. We are going back in november . We love everything at magnuson grand hotel!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Superior Service! We recently hosted a surprise birthday party at the Magnuson Grand, with several friends and family members from seven states in attendance. Mrs. Bryant and her staff provided superior personal service, by working with customers and honoring their services, Mrs. Val is that person that will go above and beyond. The food was superb, flavorful and plentiful. Hosting a party of this magnitude and trusting Mrs. Valerie Bryant with our needs, she delivered beyond my expectations. I will make Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel a priority when considering other events. Excellence!!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is under renovation.
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel (last weekend) After a horrible travel experience I was so overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff. Especially Ms Valerie! Who I soon discovered to be the hotels General Manager. She just has a way with people and making you feel at home. I never been to a hotel where the GM was so involved with her staff and the guest. You could tell she loves what she does. It shows on her face. She quickly made me forget about all of my horrible travel experiences. When I first arrived to the hotel I was kind of taken back from the hotels exterior . It definitely needs a face lift. But I was informed the hotel was undergoing a huge renovation. and it shows in the inside. It is very old but has charm. It is also very close to Lego Land which is so great! we were able to walk there. Id definitely stay here again. Especially to see Ms Valerie again. if your ever in Winter Haven FL or just visiting Leo Land you should stay here!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!