“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Special Price
FALL BACK SPECIAL!!
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Winter Haven
Winter Haven, Florida
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The service in the hotel is great everyone is very helpful. I had a party here a few years ago and the service as great. i recently went back and i saw that the entrance looks beautiful it has marble floors, its a great improvement to what it use to look like. i do wish that the restaurant would re-open again because it use to be a very fancy place. Every one there was very helpful and tried to make my stay more comfortable. i am certainly going to book again. the room i was in was very clean and i really enjoyed it. I have been into some other hotels that are horrendous but this one was just wonderful.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wonderful hotel staff and their breakfast is delicious. We had the opportunity to attend an event held at their reception hall and it was marvelous, totally recommending to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days to visit family and visit LegoLand. The staff was great, we had an outsideroom. We had heard some bad reviews, but we took a chance, and had an awesome time. We will deffinitely be back.

• Stayed September 2014
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your review of our Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel! As part of the new management staff that has recently come to the hotel, we appreciate all reviews; especially from our satisfied clientele! With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel as grand and special as we feel it is to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel years ago, when it was called the Admirals Inn, on a visit to Cypress Gardens (now Legoland) and loved it. However, the property now seems old, dirty, and smells like they might have developed a mold or asbestos problem. The current management staff obviously needs more training in guest service, especially the just plain mean manager. Next time we and the grandkids visit Legoland, we will be sure to stay at the luxury hotel that the theme park is building on their property. The ONLY good thing about this hotel is its proximity to Legoland, and even that is in the process of being ripped away.

Room Tip: Stay in a different, albeit further away from the theme park, hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and we feel your stay was totally unacceptable for our new standards based on your comments. Please contact the hotel directly and reach out to me, Debbie Norris or the manager Valerie Bryant, with your receipt as we would like to offer you a full refund.
We are extremely anxious to hear from you and hope to soon!
Margate, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the 2nd time that I've stayed at this hotel via a Groupon promotion. For what I paid (about 50 bucks) I really see the value. For what is actually charged on the norm (around twice that) I don't think I would choose this place. There is a lot of updating that needs to occur, and the management staff seems to know that. I think that over time, and with a lot of work, this place will be real high quality. Until that time comes though, this is a great pick if you are going to legoland. The hotel is right next door, and while the rooms are a bit old, it was very clean, and it was quiet.

Room Tip: Look for a Groupon deal!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. As part of the new management that has recently taken over the resort, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it appears we have failed to meet your expectations. For our shortcomings, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!
Brooksville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I went to Legoland for my little brothers birthday, and this was the closest hotel from Legoland. The first room we went into was dead buggy. We got moved to a different room, and it was a lotttttttt better. Now who wants to put shoes on at 7:30 in the morning? I understand flip flops are there and such, but I was the only one to wear flip flops to breakfast. My mom and little brother went barefooted. Everything was fine and dandy until some guy comes out from the back. Now this is where my family and I got maddish. My little brother walks over to get some milk (that's where the guy is "stationed" at) and promptly tells my little brother he couldn't get any because he didn't have shoes on. He didn't offer to get it for him or anything. That's something that really got my mom and I mad. So my mom walks over there barefoot to get the milk, and the guy promptly tells her that she can't be barefoot over there because there was broken glass on the floor. If there's broken glass on the floor you should be having someone pick it up. So my mom asks him "really there's glass?" And I personally didn't hear what he said next, but then apparently he told my mom "you wouldn't be barefoot in a restaurant." So my mom came back to the table, and ate. She got the milk besides the point. That whole thing bugged the hell out of me. The woman that's in here is a real sweetheart, I hope y'all keep her. Seriously, keep her.

Stayed September 2014
Thank you for your review of the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel. We like to hear from our valued clients to see how we can improve and appreciate all comments both good and bad. We will be displaying signage regarding restaurant attire; and sincerely apologize for the manner in which your family was treated regarding the restaurant. It is only with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve and we definitely are working on this thanks to you. Please come see us again soon!
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ok so we had to stop here as our family's home around the corner was full to the rafters with people after a family wedding,the hotel was booked by us from the uk it was quite cheep so we had an idea it wasn't going to be the best. The reception area was very clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly, I think this hotel is in need of a very big remodel as its corridors are a through back to the 70s early 80s and the bedroom we had was very clean but decor & bathroom was still stuck in the 70s/80s but on a very BIG + side for this hotel the shower & the toilet even tho dated worked a treat hot water straight away & the toilet flushed like a aeroplane loo. On the down side don't bother with the breakfast unless you want pancakes & cereal as there is nothing else on offer also the gym that consist of 3 pieces of equipment please just pop in and dust it as we did. ( would we stay at this hotel again ??? Probley yes as it's a short walk to our family's home and we just needed a bed other than that no )

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel As part of the new ownership / management staff that has recently taken over at the hotel, we appreciate all reviews; both good and bad. We are steady in making improvements and with comments such as yours, we will continue in our goal of making the Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel as grand and special as we feel it is to our guests. Wishing for you to return and see for yourself! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!

Been to Magnuson Grand Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!