“Not bad, Not great” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Winter Haven
Plantation, Florida
“Not bad, Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So this past weekend my family and I spent the night in the Magnuson Grand on a visit to LegoLand. The hotel itself seems like a very old structure that they are attempting to update here and there. It's a good value for being so close to the park and I feel as they continue to upgrade this hotel it will only get better and better. My only complaints were minimal as the ac in our room wasn't working that well, the amenities they list are not all functional as the fitness center is a room full of broken equipment and their is no bar or restaurant that we could find. However, despite that I definitely feel like we would stay here again and from the other reviews I've read choose a room in the tower vs the main building as it seems those are better options with more options such as a refrigerator.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Low ceilings. This must have been a nice hotel in the 1970's. Furnishings look like they have not been updated since then. Cleanliness leaves much to be desired. But you should not expect much when you pay less than 100$/ day in Florida. One good point, the reception ladies were very friendly.

Port Orange, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The tower rooms are clean and large. The fridge and microwave were handy. I like the proximity to LEGOLAND. The pool is huge, like the old time hotels. The elevators are a bit slow, but we'll go back.

Pearland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bought as Groupon deal due to location. Very close to Legoland and with a view of the waterpark in the room situated in front of the pool side. This is an older hotel that needs renovation/update to attract more people to stay with them considering their location. Cleanliness/comfort: carpet has that old musty smell and not very clean, metal bar that holds the carpet was off, the bathroom shower faucet was too difficult to turn on, sink faucet too close to wall so knob was hard to manipulate, bed was comfy enough, AC was not too loud as described in other reviews (in our room, so far). Old box type TV with cable channels. Has complimentary breakfast similar to hotels of same ratings. Big pool up to 9 ft deep but water does not look very clean (there are leaves which are expected because of the trees but the water color seemed to be needing more filtering & chlorine) but some guest with kids seem to be enjoying it.
I would only recommend the hotel based on location but you will get what you pay for. It has lots of potential for improvement if management will spend more on not just maintaining it but making major changes/upgrades to be at par at least to the newer ones.

• Stayed June 2014
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My nine year old daughter and I are spending two months driving around the US with no schedule or plan. We visited a friend in Ocala, FL and my daughter saw a sign for LegoLand and we decided to head to Winter Haven. We stumbled across the Magnuson on Hotels.com. It was the 1st hotel listed. I was a little apprehensive but my daughter saw the Kid Zone and we decided to check it out. We were greeted with a smile, and I asked if they had a room. We were quoted with a higher price than Hotels.com had listed but they agreed to offer the price with no drama. Thumbs up. We are given a room on the third floor with a view of the park. It had cable TV with Disney so my daughter was happy. It had a bit of a musky smell and there was some dark drippings on the back of the door and wall. It is a humid climate so I was going to let it pass but I had a friend's mother die from a mold she inhaled from a hotel while traveling to Florida and my daughter was complaining about the smell. I've never asked for a new room or my money back before. I went to the front desk expecting drama but received a very apologetic reply and immediately upgraded to a room in the tower. Overall great customer service, 2nd room - awesome for the price. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: get a room in the tower.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed one night at this dump, never again... We waited 1 hour past check-in time to get into our room. The bed was lumpy, the a/c unit was so loud we could barely sleep. Wiring on exit signs hanging out on each floor, one elevator didnt work, one ice machine worked for the three floors. Dont be fooled about the pro photos, this is an overpriced dump. Close to Legoland, but travel a little farther to a nice place instead.

Room Tip: Dont stay here, I wouldnt even if the room was free.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel is older but it was great for a little weekend getaway away with the kids to Legoland. We had no problems with our stay. The room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was better than expected. The kids the loved the pool.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel

Address: 5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Winter Haven
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Winter Haven
Hotel Class:3 star — Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel 3*
Park View Hotel formerly Best Western Park View Hotel,overlooking Legoland® Florida Theme Park. The hotel offers every amenity to make both business and leisure travelers feel right at home. Guests will be close to a variety of local attractions including Legoland® Florida Theme Park, Lake Eloise, Historic Bok Sanctuary, Golf, Fishing, Polk Museum of Art and Fantasy of Flight. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Admirals Hotel
Best Western Winter Haven
Winter Haven Best Western

If you own or manage Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.