“Friendly employees, clean, comfortable room, good breakfast, huge pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park View Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park View Hotel to your Saves list
Park View Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884   |
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Winter Haven
Cocoa, Florida
“Friendly employees, clean, comfortable room, good breakfast, huge pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked a block of rooms at this hotel for my daughter's soccer team and I nearly cancelled my reservation after reading a few of the reviews. I'm VERY glad that we didn't change. The hotel exceeded my expectations and I heard nothing but positive comments from the other parents as well. First of all, Casey, the lady in charge of group bookings was very helpful and easy to work with. We all got interior rooms (in what they call the tower). My room was very clean and comfortable and we had no problems with hot water. The free breakfast was very good. It consisted of ham, scrambled eggs (tasted real not powdered), hash browns, fruit, and an assortment of drinks. There was also cereal, but I can't comment on that because I was enjoying the hot bar too much. The only reason I gave the hotel four stars instead of five is because they were clearly experiencing a few minor maintenance issues: The bathroom door knob in my room was loose and malfunctioning. I reported it to maintenance but they didn't get around to fixing it while I was there (We only stayed one night). The wireless internet wouldn't work from our room, but it did in the lobby. (It was a weekend and they were packed to capacity. This wasn't a big deal for me but if you're traveling on business and NEED your wireless, I'd recommend calling ahead to make sure it's functioning before booking your room. I did use a guest computer off of the lobby one time to access the internet and had no trouble there. In the exercise room the AC was broken and there was a musty smell. A few lights were out (or off) in the pool area and it was a bit darker at night than I would have preferred. On the plus side, the pool was HUGE and there was lots of pretty foliage around it. (Little twinkle lights in the trees would have been really gorgeous.) Overall, this hotel was a great place for the team to stay, especially considering the group/tournament rate was a reasonable $79.00/ night. The things that mattered most to me (clean, comfortable room and good breakfast) were provided. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Interior "tower" rooms seem to be the most desirable.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We usually book a hotel in orlando and drive an hour to legoland. But this time we decided to book a hotel near legoland. Bad idea! I was trying to book a room for holiday inn or hampton inn but it was a spring break weekend and i booked too late so no room vacancy for the two. But i saw this hotel used to be best western and it has a 3 stars rating in priceline. So i decided to book. The pros for this hotel is its literally next to legoland and that ends there. This hotel is so outdated. Needs a total renovation! The carpet floor on the room was wet! I laid towels over it, I wouldn't dare walk on those carpet! The TV in the room wouldn't work. This place is totally falling into pieces. Also we were getting prank calls in the middle of the night! We could loud hear partying/drinking all night long... I did not feel safe in this hotel. This is not a good place to bring your family after a day in legoland. If you cant find a decent hotel nearby. I would drive to orlando and spend our $99 in a decent and safe hotel.

Santa Barbara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From experience being a kid, I remember one way a vacation can be off to a bad start is beginning the day with bad service that the parents have to deal with. So in an extremely rare altruistic mood, I’m writing the review with parents and their children in mind.

Thru my current employer, I get a discount at the Park View Hotel in Winter Haven FL. I’ve stayed here twice, but there will not be a third. The back story with this place is it used to be the Admiral Inn and changed management/ownership about the same time as Winter Haven FL’s newest attraction, LEGOLAND was beginning to open for business. The last time I stayed here was right after the transition from old to new so, I cut them some slack with service problems. This time however, I’m calling them out because they’ve had plenty of time to get things straight. Also because there’s plenty of families wanting to show their children a good time that aren’t as fortunate as I to have the discounted rate. Clearly the Park View is cashing in on “location.”
For one thing people need Wi-Fi these days and Park View’s internet didn’t stay connected or had enough signal strength to complete this review (maybe they knew what I was writing). The door was loose when closed and appears to have been broken before. It leaves just enough gap for opportunistic bugs to enter. I had to wait till the next day to get a working remote because the night desk clerk couldn’t find extra ones to exchange. The maintenance person who arrived to take care of it looked like one those “Miami Vice” villains, only creepier. However, the maid service was excellent, obviously keeping a work ethic that the management lost long ago. A breakfast room on the second floor served till 10 AM was pretty good as well. The cook kept up with the demand for scrambled eggs. All the negative experiences at this place I relate directly to management.
To summarize, a negative service experience is not a good way to start the day. And if you’re a parent trying to show your kids a good time, you need all the advantages to keep and your kids and you happy.

Room Tip: My advice is to go a little further down the road, maybe even Lake Wales to find other lodging and m...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was my husbands fb post. need he say more?
I wonder what it was like when this hotel's owner thought of ways to save money.
1. No need to vacuum, ever.
2. A spider in each room is a plus, maybe it will write little messages in its web.
3. TV remotes need not work, just to be there.
4. The soap should be a hard plastic rectangle that just scrapes the skin clean.
5. The street signs do not light up. This makes the customer get all the way to the lobby to ask what hotel this is and then its to late to turn back.
6. The shower has just enough hot water to make you step in the shower but not to bath.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ants, spiders in the room would be sleeping with you for sure if you go there...Water does not go through in the shower. A lot of dust in the room. Room Key not working sometimes for no reason, so I stayed 30 min under the raining waiting for them to open, got sick afterward. And guess about the price??? For that price in Miami Beach you get one of the good rooms on the beach, especially with reservation 2 month in advance I did with this disgusting, piece of junk.

Aventura, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is walking distance from Lego land and in this old city it looks like the only hotel in the area.
There are many restaurants and cvs within walking distance.
It is small and old. I'm OK with the old furniture and decor and very old TV however it needs serious clean up.Dust and dead insects everywhere,A/C mostly doing noise no cold,Elevator is old,small and dirty.Breakfast had only eggs,ham,toast and apple jelly.Nothing for kids!!!We skipped it the second morning.
We stayed there on third floor with friends with kids.We made sure we don't walk barefoot on carpet.The linens were clean.No toiletries in shower.Bring your soaps from home.
We paid $90 per night.If you bring your receipt from Lego land parking($14) they credit you $7.
I guess that is what you get for the money!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved the location! The hotel is your typical hotel, with two queen beds and you can easily fit a comfy rollaway if necessary.

The staff was super friendly and very hospitable. Even though it was a large hotel, it felt quite small and the staff were really helpful with tips that you would never know unless it was a local giving the advice.

But the best part was the location. It was one mile from Legoland. We walked it, which took less than 15 minutes. But if you want to drive, the hotel covers half of the parking fee at the park. Can't beat that.

And also, the breakfast was a big bonus. We didn't have to worry about going somewhere and spending money and losing time.

Plus, from all the hotels in the area, which are similar, this was just perfect for our family!

Here are some picks and a video of our stay:

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, but since there aren't any real views to worry about that doesn'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park View Hotel? Share your experiences!