I booked a block of rooms at this hotel for my daughter's soccer team and I nearly cancelled my reservation after reading a few of the reviews. I'm VERY glad that we didn't change. The hotel exceeded my expectations and I heard nothing but positive comments from the other parents as well. First of all, Casey, the lady in charge of group bookings was very helpful and easy to work with. We all got interior rooms (in what they call the tower). My room was very clean and comfortable and we had no problems with hot water. The free breakfast was very good. It consisted of ham, scrambled eggs (tasted real not powdered), hash browns, fruit, and an assortment of drinks. There was also cereal, but I can't comment on that because I was enjoying the hot bar too much. The only reason I gave the hotel four stars instead of five is because they were clearly experiencing a few minor maintenance issues: The bathroom door knob in my room was loose and malfunctioning. I reported it to maintenance but they didn't get around to fixing it while I was there (We only stayed one night). The wireless internet wouldn't work from our room, but it did in the lobby. (It was a weekend and they were packed to capacity. This wasn't a big deal for me but if you're traveling on business and NEED your wireless, I'd recommend calling ahead to make sure it's functioning before booking your room. I did use a guest computer off of the lobby one time to access the internet and had no trouble there. In the exercise room the AC was broken and there was a musty smell. A few lights were out (or off) in the pool area and it was a bit darker at night than I would have preferred. On the plus side, the pool was HUGE and there was lots of pretty foliage around it. (Little twinkle lights in the trees would have been really gorgeous.) Overall, this hotel was a great place for the team to stay, especially considering the group/tournament rate was a reasonable $79.00/ night. The things that mattered most to me (clean, comfortable room and good breakfast) were provided. I would definitely stay at this property again.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Admirals Hotel
- Best Western Winter Haven
- Winter Haven Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park View Hotel formerly Best Western Park View Hotel,overlooking Legoland® Florida Theme Park. The hotel offers every amenity to make both business and leisure travelers feel right at home. Guests will be close to a variety of local attractions including Legoland® Florida Theme Park, Lake Eloise, Historic Bok Sanctuary, Golf, Fishing, Polk Museum of Art and Fantasy of Flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Park View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.