“Almost impossible to find!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Park View Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884   |
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Winter Haven
Chester
“Almost impossible to find!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel has recently 'split' from Best Western (The Admiral) and is definitely NOT up to Best Western standards. We spent an hour at night, after 15 hours travelling, driving up and down the road trying to find it. Having asked several locals where it was - they didn't know either - we finally found another hotel owner who luckily told us that it was next door to Walgreens. Yes it was! But it had no lit sign up whatsoever! Told the receptionist who just said that Best Western wouldn't let them put a sign up.
The room was nice and big, but very very tired, as was the en suite shower. Thankfully clean though. Breakfast next morning (free in February) was awful. Coffee undrinkable, orange juice more like neat orange cordial (which would usually be diluted), burger like cardboard, etc. Definitely not worth a visit even for one night. There are plenty of other motels down that road - and cheaper too.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BWParkViewManagement, General Manager at Park View Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Marise M:

Thank you for your comment concerning your stay at the Park View Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I hope you accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and considerations we strive for with all of our guests, the type of service we pride ourselves in. I am aware of your comments and have taken steps to correct the issues with our signage. Once again I apologize that we were unable to accommodate to your liking the issues with the F&B and Front Office staff will be addressed as well. We hope you will not let this experience be the determining factor for your return to our establishment.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me. So I can further investigate all of your comments and issues so we can assure these issues do not happen again.

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good: The staff was very friendly and courteous.

Bad: Everything else. Upon entering the lobby we noticed a disinfectant smell which was very unpleasant. Not a good start.

We arrived and the lady at the front desk noticed that I had requested a quiet room. So, she changed us from a poolside room to one on the fifth floor. The room was one of those rooms where you never feel quite clean. The bathroom tiles had dirty grout and you felt like you wanted to use the bathroom while using a Hazmat suit. However, they are not available at the hotel.

The first night’s sleep was fine. The 2nd night a family with a child arrived at about midnight. They were non-US citizens and apparently were from a country where beds do not exist. I say this because their ~10 year old child bounced on the bed and screamed for about two hours. I finally called hotel security and they shut up quickly. The front desk lady moved us the next morning and apologized for any inconvenience.

2nd Room. We entered the room and it was bigger than the first. However, we noticed that the bedroom had a large Jacuzzi tub in it (in the bedroom). This is important! The first night in this room was okay. However, the 2nd night in this room was different. About 10 pm we heard what appeared to be a large jet landing near our room. It turned out to be the people in the room next to us filling their Jacuzzi with water and then turning on the jets. It was LOUD. After filling the tub there was a large amount of squeaking as two (apparent) water buffalos entered the tub and tried to fit. Finally, the jets turned off and it was quiet – for about three minutes. We then heard moans of ecstasy. Then, Romeo started hitting the headboard in his room so hard that our headboard was actually moving. Fortunately, he was a sprinter and not a marathoner so it only lasted about 60 seconds. However, his partner was a marathoner and moaning ensued for a long time. Finally, it stops. Then – the Jacuzzi again! I jumped out of bed, went to the front desk, and demanded and room without any neighbors. The guy was helpful and provided one.

3rd Room: This room was quiet for the rest of the time we stayed there. However, whoever built the shower apparently did not understand that people like to actually get wet in the shower. The shower head was very high (my wife needed to stand on her tip toes and hit it to direct it). Unfortunately, the head was also directed so that water only hit me on the top of my head.

Food: The breakfast food was not good. I had a fruit bowl one morning and the grapes were all moldy on the bottom. The buffet on the weekend was sparse (eggs, bacon, toast, and not much else). The jelly that I tried to put on my toast was not really jelly. It had hardened into a gelatinous mass that could not be spread. How old was the stuff??

Conclusion: I would not stay here again unless I was forced to by a really large person with a really large weapon.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BWParkViewManagement, Public Relations Manager at Park View Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear TravelDonCA:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know just how valuable your time is and appreciate your feedback. We understand that all of our guests have different needs and we do sincerely make it our daily goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I apologize that for you this was not the case.
Your commentary has been communicated to all of the departments in full detail, so that we may be able to correct these issues for any future guest. I am glad to hear that you did think our staff was friendly, and will pass on your good comment as well.

Best Regards,

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great Hotel if you plan to go to Lego Land with kids. Not the best hotel, but a very comfortable place to be for the price. It is conveniently next to Walgreens pharmacy and Wendy's fast food restaurant. It provided free breakfast with basically good selections. Staff was friendly and beds were always made when we returned from the park. The bathtub was clogged, but they came to fix it right away.

Dear albert123_12:

On behalf of the Park View Hotel team, I sincerely thank you for your review of our hotel. We genuinely enjoy what we do here and love to hear about our guests' positive experiences. Our staff will be very proud of the work they have done to exceed your expectations. Best of wishes to you and yours and we hope to see you again soon.

Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in January for 3 nights. They had a special where breakfast was free. It was ok because it was free but I would have not been happy if I had to pay for it. Maybe when the special is over, they bring out better food. It was relatively quiet. The pool is big, the jacuzzi was hot but a couple of the jets must of been clogged because the other working jets were putting out some force where it would splash you in the face. I think it just needs some maintenance. It has a bar with pool tables (open on weekends only), arcade, and business center (2 computers & a printer). Wifi is a joke so use the computer center. The outside looks like old apartment buildings but the lobby inside is nicely renovated. The room is decent except there is not a microwave or fridge. The AC works fine. It seemed clean enough for me and the wife; I'm not picky but she is. Has a hair dryer. Beds were pretty comfortable. TV is a tube tv but it works fine and you get lots of channels. The toilet is loud when it flushes and the shower pressure is nice. The bathroom looked pretty clean too. The front desk people are nice. Walgreens is just a walk next door (I had to use the ATM). The door to the room is extremely finicky. Pull the door close to you first, slide the key card, then open.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor facing cypress gardens blvd not facing legoland. I didn't do this but...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JonMoore374:
Thank you for your review of our property. We recognize that you have a choice in where you stay, and we sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. We so sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope that we have the chance to see you again in the very near future.

Amherst, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in Dec. 2012 (two double beds). The room was quiet... actually the sound insulation was not good but my room was facing to the pool, not the road, so it was quiet. It seems the traffic is not busy at this location that is good for sleeping. Cold air blowed in through the door gap. The air conditioner was a little noisy. The most unpleasant thing is... the hot water was not hot enough... don't know if that happened in my room only... The hotel is right next to the Legoland SIDE gate... for employee only. We still have to drive to get into Legoland from the main gate (~ 1 min). Walgreens is in a walking distance (~ 2 min) and doesn't need to go through streets (just walk through the back yards), very helpful!! The room was big for the price. The breakfast was good (not just bagels and cream cheese and bananas). It had fries, rice stew, sausages, breads, can fruit, etc., but no hot water to drink. At that time they had a special plan for customers who go to Legoland: they refunded the Legoland parking fee for us ($12) !!

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room, they will try to make it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BWParkViewManagement, Manager at Park View Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Yuting_13,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you did enjoy some aspects of your stay. I would, however, like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, such as the hot water and air conditioner issues. Kindly give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in all areas. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I guess the biggest frustration is that I didn't realize that there were outdoor rooms as well as indoor rooms. I don't do outdoor rooms... don't feel comfortable with them and 2 small children. When we checked in there were only outdoor rooms available... a little frustrating.

The rooms were so-so in the clean department. The carpet just didn't seem clean to me. BUT, the bed linens seemed fine.

We had a non-smoking room but there was an ash tray on the table??? I will say that it didn't smell smokey though.

Overall just a very worn down place. Old and in desperate need of rennovation. Our toilet paper holder wouldn't stay closed to hold the TP in place...

If you are looking for a place to rest your head that is a convenient location (you can walk to Legoland from here) then it's not the end of the world. AND, the indoor rooms may be in better shape than the outdoor ones. Just know what you are booking!

Room Tip: Make sure you know if you are getting in INDOOR or and OUTDOOR room (they have both!).
Dear Paula,
Thank you for taking the time to review of hotel. We know just how valuable your time is and appreciate your feedback. We understand that all of our guests have different needs and we do sincerely make it our daily goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I apologize that for you this was not the case. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest once again, and until then, we wish you all of the best.

Mt. Pleasant, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, no frills hotel close to Legoland look no further. The hotel itself is nothing special but it was clean and is adjacent to Legoland, about 2 minutes by car to the Legoland parking lot. The hotel was running a special for the month of January which refunded your Legoland parking and included breakfast so it was hard to beat. The breakfast was basic but my fussy eaters were able to find something to please them. The hotel does have a pool but the weather was too cold for us to test it out.

Dear Melanie,
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback about your stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation, as well suggesting our special. It was our absolute pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to the next opportunity that we have to see you here in the Winter Haven, Florida area.

Fax: (863) 324-2376

Been to Park View Hotel? Share your experiences!