Good: The staff was very friendly and courteous.
Bad: Everything else. Upon entering the lobby we noticed a disinfectant smell which was very unpleasant. Not a good start.
We arrived and the lady at the front desk noticed that I had requested a quiet room. So, she changed us from a poolside room to one on the fifth floor. The room was one of those rooms where you never feel quite clean. The bathroom tiles had dirty grout and you felt like you wanted to use the bathroom while using a Hazmat suit. However, they are not available at the hotel.
The first night’s sleep was fine. The 2nd night a family with a child arrived at about midnight. They were non-US citizens and apparently were from a country where beds do not exist. I say this because their ~10 year old child bounced on the bed and screamed for about two hours. I finally called hotel security and they shut up quickly. The front desk lady moved us the next morning and apologized for any inconvenience.
2nd Room. We entered the room and it was bigger than the first. However, we noticed that the bedroom had a large Jacuzzi tub in it (in the bedroom). This is important! The first night in this room was okay. However, the 2nd night in this room was different. About 10 pm we heard what appeared to be a large jet landing near our room. It turned out to be the people in the room next to us filling their Jacuzzi with water and then turning on the jets. It was LOUD. After filling the tub there was a large amount of squeaking as two (apparent) water buffalos entered the tub and tried to fit. Finally, the jets turned off and it was quiet – for about three minutes. We then heard moans of ecstasy. Then, Romeo started hitting the headboard in his room so hard that our headboard was actually moving. Fortunately, he was a sprinter and not a marathoner so it only lasted about 60 seconds. However, his partner was a marathoner and moaning ensued for a long time. Finally, it stops. Then – the Jacuzzi again! I jumped out of bed, went to the front desk, and demanded and room without any neighbors. The guy was helpful and provided one.
3rd Room: This room was quiet for the rest of the time we stayed there. However, whoever built the shower apparently did not understand that people like to actually get wet in the shower. The shower head was very high (my wife needed to stand on her tip toes and hit it to direct it). Unfortunately, the head was also directed so that water only hit me on the top of my head.
Food: The breakfast food was not good. I had a fruit bowl one morning and the grapes were all moldy on the bottom. The buffet on the weekend was sparse (eggs, bacon, toast, and not much else). The jelly that I tried to put on my toast was not really jelly. It had hardened into a gelatinous mass that could not be spread. How old was the stuff??
Conclusion: I would not stay here again unless I was forced to by a really large person with a really large weapon.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Admirals Hotel
- Best Western Winter Haven
- Winter Haven Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park View Hotel formerly Best Western Park View Hotel,overlooking Legoland® Florida Theme Park. The hotel offers every amenity to make both business and leisure travelers feel right at home. Guests will be close to a variety of local attractions including Legoland® Florida Theme Park, Lake Eloise, Historic Bok Sanctuary, Golf, Fishing, Polk Museum of Art and Fantasy of Flight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Park View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.