“This hotel needs a makeover...stat!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5651 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL 33884 (Formerly Park View Hotel)   |
Ranked #9 of 16 hotels in Winter Haven
Lake Worth, Florida
“This hotel needs a makeover...stat!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the best western in winterhaven as we were going to legoland for a couple days. The only good thing was the location. I could literally see the rollercoasters from the hotel. The hotel is very old in appearance...looks kind of dingy. We stayed in the area by the pool which has outside corridors. We are not smokers and requested a non smoking room...BUT guests are allowed to smoke in the corridor and the smell comes right into the room. Maybe now that legoland is near they will overhaul this place and breathe some life into this otherwise sad hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms in the other tower are better than the ones by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Palm beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Spent a couple of nights here with the family 2 adults and 2 kids(3 and2). Stayed in a two queen bed room in the Tower part of the hotel. I found this hotel to be perfectly adequate for what we wanted, a place to sleep after a couple of days at Legoland. The room was clean, the staff was courteous and pleasant, and the location to Legoland is perfect. When setting up reservation, make sure to stay in the Tower part of the hotel. This property is a converted motel, half has been changed into a hotel set up, the other half is still a motel. For me, with two young children, I prefer the hotel setup of one main entrance, don't like the setup of a motel with doors open to the street. Safety always seems questionable to me with motels. Overall, I would say this is a great option for staying at Legoland. It is not the Ritz, so if you're expecting luxury accommodations, stay somewhere else, which is difficult in Winter Haven. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with the family for a Legoland trip.

Room Tip: Choose a suite in the tower.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel deserves a 5 + star in customer service. This hotel is a great example of what excellent customer service is. Many 5 star hotels out there wish they could have only half of the fabulous customer service this hotel has. The employees at this hotel they dont know what "no" for an answer is. They are always willing to help. My hair dryer broke and I had to call the help desk at 11pm, not even 10minutes later I had someone at my door with a new hair dryer. We also had to cut our trip short due to the weather. We explained the situation and they let us do the late check out with no extra charge and they even cancelled the rest of the days with no problem. The room was small but the bathroom was clean. This people here really try their best. I will definitely stay on this hotel next time I go back to Legoland.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Very clean rooms, nice pool area, central location and friendly staff...what more could you want?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The property maybe is a little older, but overall the facility is clean, bright, and service and customer service is excellent! My overall stay was excellent! The rooms were clean, the pool was clean, and it was right next to Lego Land. My son and I truly enjoyed it! The overall experience was wonderful. For the price, location, and what it had to offer, it was a perfect match. In particular, the customer service was welcoming and kind, and always offered a genuine smile. This truly made our vacation, with a cherry on top of the sundae. I highly recommend this hotel, and please ask for Mia and Jenny. They'll take care of you, they are the best!!

Room Tip: Maybe one with a big screen TV if available
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I didn't believe the bad reviews I read prior to booking this hotel. Boy, was that a mistake!!! This hotel is NOT a 3 star hotel, I would give it 1.5 stars at best. We had planned a 2 night stay, but checked out after the first night. The pictures grossly misrepresent this hotel. It is older, which is clear in the picture of the outside of the hotel, but that is where the accuracy ends. The room we had was poolside first floor. Immediately upon arriving we noted a strange odor in the room. Upon getting in bed the sheets felt damp and the pillows were musty smelling. The carpet was vacuumed, but only the main areas, next to the bed stand and under the bed were disgusting. The bathroom is TINY, but was clean. The A/C was as low as we could put it and the room took forever to cool down. The pool was big, but not well maintained - leaves on the bottom of the pool, bugs floating all over the surface of the water. Don't fall into the trap because it's close to the LEGOLAND (which was amazing!) it's well worth a five minute drive for a better hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear EFishRN,

Thank you for your comment concerning your stay at the Best Western Park View Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I hope you accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and considerations we strive for with all of our guests, the type of service we pride ourselves in. I will investigate your comments, and apologize that we were unable to accommodate to your liking. I will address these issues with all departments as well as our General Manager. We hope you will not let this experience be the determining factor for your return to our establishment.

Please email me your name or room number so we can research your comments more thoroughly.

Mia Dunkley
Front Office Manager
mdunkley@dhmhotels.com
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The bathroom was really small and not too clean. People not to much friendly.

Room Tip: Location good for Legoland.
Dear Marjorie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know just how valuable your time is and appreciate your feedback. We understand that all of our guests have different needs and we do sincerely make it our daily goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I apologize that for you this was not the case. Marjorie C please feel free to email me more details concerning your stay so I can address the issues.

Mia Dunkley
Front Office Manager
mdunkley@dhmhotels.com

Been to Magnuson Grand Cypress Hotel? Share your experiences!