“One of the best parks in Florida” 5 of 5 stars

$77*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Brasilia, DF
59 attraction reviews
“One of the best parks in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went to Legoland with my wife, our 8yo son and my two nieces aged 11 and 10. This was after we'd visited the other well-known Orlando parks (WDW, which was perfect as always, and Universal, which was a horrible experience). The kids absolutely loved it and chose it as the best of all parks! The attractions are designed for children, so the rolled coasters and all else are much gentler. The park is really cute - there are lego squirrels on top of the trees, and lego deer and rabbits all over the green areas. And they preserved Cypress Gardens (which is a park I had visited in 1986), including a water-ski show (which was the main attraction of the original Cypress Gardens), so there was a bit of nostalgy for me too.

Toronto, Canada
“A perfect day for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

We weren't going to go to Legoland, but someone recommended we do so before the kids got too old. I am so glad we listened - our day at Legoland was perfect. Our kids, at 8 and 6, were the perfect age. They could both ride everything, which they loved. My kids are also Lego fanatics, so they were totally impressed with the theming, and loved walking through Miniland taking pictures. We spent the whole day at Legoland and the kids were happy and tired when we left. We were there on January 3 and it was a beautiful sunny day, with a nearly empty park. I could see how it would be crowded during peak times. Luckily we were able to walk on every ride. I would definitely recommend a day trip to Legoland for families with children under 12, especially if they are Lego fans.

Cary, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Great day off from Orlando”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have 5 and 8 year old boys and they had a great time at the Legoland, Florida. It was their first time riding real roller coasters and they had a blast! My wife and I don't like roller coasters but the rides in this park were easy for us to enjoy as well. It was a perfect getaway from the crowded parks in Orlando. If you would like a relaxing day at a park with little ones. I think this park will do the trick. I don't remember having to wait more than 10 minutes for any rides. And do some research online for discounts. You can easily take kids in for free. A great place to visit for one day, but I probably won't go back again.

North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“No Disney but perfect for young Lego-lovers if you have coupons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited Legoland on New Year's Eve day. Our boys are now 7 and 3 1/2. It seems unfair to compare Legoland to Disney World but we added this park onto our Disney visit, as many do, which gave us a direct comparison.

Here are the cons first: Legoland is smaller than any of the Disney theme parks. There are no fastpasses to help speed the lines along. And the crowd flow is poorly planned compared to Disney. For example, at the pizza buffet, the two lines end at a wall. So you fight your way down the buffet then turn around and fight your way back out again through all the people still waiting. Often the public restrooms had only 3 or 4 stalls. With kids that's a lot of time spent waiting in lines for something that isn't even close to an attraction. :-) We caught one show in Lego City and it was okay. Not so polished as the Disney shows. And the park isn't as immaculate as Disney. The view from the Island in the Sky lets you see the remains of the old Cypress Gardens theme park, which are less than scenic. When you're in Disney half the fun is being lost in the world created by the parks. Legoland just felt like another amusement park. And the cost is equivalent to a day at Disney--quite pricey seeing that you can spend 5 days at Disney and find plenty to do for a much lower price per ticket per day. One day was plenty for Legoland. If you're adding Legoland to your Disney vacay, it's less than an hour away from Disney. A very quick drive that most people say feels more like a half hour. There's also a Wal-mart along the way so you can stop and grab snacks, drinks or anything else you might need.

Now for the pros: This park is geared specifically toward young kids, which worked perfect for us. My 7-yr-old could ride all the rides, even the rollercoasters. It helped warm him up for the bigger rides at Disney. He's a little below average height for his age, so he was very proud. There were plenty of things for my preschooler to see too, esp in Lego City. The boys loved miniland and being able to push the buttons on the displays to make water shoot and soldiers march and cars race. We went through twice. My oldest would have loved Star Wars miniland a few years ago but he's outgrown it now. If your kids are into Lego Star Wars they will flip. But surprisingly most of all they loved the double-decker Lego carousel and the big playgrounds. They spent the most time at the Forestmen's Hideout playground in Kingdoms. As parents, we loved that the New Year's Eve fireworks started at 6:00 (or 6:15 or so) and they gave the kids 3-D glasses. Disney's fireworks all start too late for young families considering the insane crowds and huge lines to catch your bus back to your resort when they're over. We brought shooting-range style headphones for our youngest to help with the noise. Perfect place to view the fireworks is by the carousel and greenhouse. Find a seat on the low wall behind the fountain. Great view and you can scoot right out of the park when it's over and beat the rush to the car.

All in all, considering that we had coupons for free admission for the boys with purchase of an adult ticket (saving us $150!) and the boy's ages, it was worth it. We paid $160 for the two adults. I can't imagine paying full price for this park. Legoland does run different deals like lower tix prices on weekdays etc. Check the Website. I clipped our coupons from the boys' Lego magazines. The subscription is free. Search for Lego Club magazine online. There's also a younger version for preschoolers and you can get two coupons if you subscribe to both. I've been holding onto my coupons since last fall and they were good until this March. If you have young kids and coupons in hand, go for it!

Saint Jerome, Canada
“An amazing day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We headed out to Legoland on December 28th and had a great day! Park is clean, staff is a pleasure to be around and rides are amazing for kids 6 to 12!!! We got a great deal through Air Miles so the price was adequate. Miniland is amazing....spent a lot of time looking at everything. Ford Driving School is also pretty nice for the kids.....they had a blast driving the little cars! Also, Lego sets are cheaper than elsewhere (especially Canada...lol) so my kids spent their $$$ there and packages were kept until we left the park after dinner. All around, nothing bad to say....regretted not buying a 2-day ticket.