“Two fantastic visits to Legoland with an 11 year old! The staff is incredibly well trained!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LEGOLAND Florida

Book Now

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: LEGOLAND® Florida is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Winter Haven, Florida
4 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My 11 year old daughter and I have visited Legoland twice since they have opened and both times we had a lots of fun! Having been in theme park operation management, I was truly amazed at how well trained their staff was. For example, last Sunday as we were walking up to the zebra car ride, one of the employees said to me, "Do you have a map?" and gave me one right out of his pocket. We ate lunch expecting very little for the money, but had really good food, sat by the lake watching real turtles and when we were finished, one of the fellows cleaning trash cans walked over, picked up our tray and said "Let me get that for you". My eleven year old is a daredevil, hard core roller coaster rider and she still loves Legoland. Her favorite is the driving school where the kids can really drive cars with traffic lights, stop signs and even a round about. By the way, this is very entertaining to all of the parents watching. If I have to look for a negative, I would say that we were kind of bored with the ski show (wishing for more action). The most unexpected thing about Legoland is that the grounds are beautiful and instead of being all concrete as you might expect, there are large park like areas right in the middle of the park. We also loved the fact that Legoland shows great appreciation to the former Cypress Gardens with the lego Southern Belles, signs as guests enter the original gardens area and with mentions on the Island in the Sky narrative. For those critics of height requirements on the rides, even the big wooden roller coaster only has a height requirement of 36 inches! For those critics of cost, take a look around the park and imagine how much it must have cost to create this beautiful park with all of these rides and employ 1,000 people. If you live anywhere inFlorida, get an annual pass and spread the cost over many visits. All of this said, the real reason to visit Legoland is to spend some quality time with your kids riding rides designed for them and many rides that the parents and kids can ride together.

Visited November 2011
Audrey P, Manager at LEGOLAND Florida, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at LEGOLAND Florida, and hope to welcome you back soon!

The Villages, Florida
“Extremely disappointed with day at Legoland, Florida”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Recently visited LegoLand with grandsons (age 4 and 7) and were extremely disappointed. Ticket prices now up to $75 at the gate for a park only opened limited hours (from 10 AM to 5 PM). "Midway" type games around park are expensive, e.g. $4 for 2 balls to toss. Food was OK but very limited at food stations, e.g., hamburger stand only sold 4 types of hamburger combos. Would not sell extra french fries or extra drink. If you did not want a hamburger, you had to go to another section of park to the hotdog stand or another section of the park to get fired apples, etc. Rides were even more disappointing. Posted wait times of 15 minutes generally took 45 minutes. Ride safety was a big concern. At "jousting" ride, only 2 staff were present and even though children were belted onto horse, there were no staff in the "riding" area. This was especially true when special needs children were placed on the ride Also, when ride broke down, they left children sitting on horses in middle of ride area for over 20 minutes. At "boat ride", no one was assisting in loading. Only a gate attendant was present who was controlling admission. On one occasion, I saw 2 grandparents with 2 grandchildren. The lady was having trouble stepping into boat and gate attendant just stood there watching while her husband got out of another boat and came over to assist the lady in stepping into boat. On car driving ride, the additional $15 for a "driver's license" is a rip-off. On the fire truck ride, attendant was asking people to stay in truck until all vehicles returned to start point however doors were not latched and children were free to exit vehicle and run out into paths of adjacent vehicles while attendant was at opposite end of ride. All rides we saw appeared to be under staffed. Exit gates were generally unattended and gates were often unlatched allowing entry to ride area. Very suprised to see these safety issues. As adults, we did enjoy the lego mini-city and the various figures constructed from lego blocks. The children did enjoy the play ground areas.

Visited November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and we hope that you will return to enjoy the park. We can assure you that safety is a top priority and that all of our model citizens are hard at work to provide a safe an enjoyable experience for all guests. We hope that you will choose to return to the park and experience a day of family fun as it is intended. Be sure to check our operating schedule on our website before your next visit, as we do offer extended hours during summer and the holiday season.
USA
10 attraction reviews
“If you have 6-10 yr old boys, then this is OK with caveats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Everyone has said it all. We took our 10 year old LEGO lover on his Birthday, October 23. It was a Sunday, but not crushingly crowded. The weather was perfect, which made for a nice day.
Some thoughts, many summarized by others as well:
- Getting there requires tolls; have coins, and from Tampa, a SunPass for one exit
- Get your tickets before you go; Publix has a discount, we used the Pepsi discount
- The park is new; food is barely OK; lines can be long
- The 3 main coasters are pretty good, but short
- If you are an adult, beware that some rides are small to sit in. If you are a bit larger in the waist, you will likely not fit on some
- Loose things must be placed off to the side on rides without any real eye kept on it. I was allowed to wear my sunglassess, however.
- This is a smaller park but there is some walking
- The LEGO displays are cool. I read that it took 100 people 2 years to build miniland
- The boat ride is cool and the coasters. Do driving school first; the line is ridiculous later
- The price of LEGO stuff is the same or less than in stores - a welcome finding
- Get there early; we did and it was a great thing to do
- The penny press worked for us (someone said it did not for them)
- The place caters to LEGO loving boys

My boys had a blast, so it is what you make it. That said, the most important thing to remember is that this is NOT Disney. Disney is ridiculously better, IMO. It has been three years since we have gone to the D; if it was more recent my kids would have realized how small this park is. We are going to Disney in January, so it will interesting to ask my boys what they think of Legoland after that trip....

Orlando, Florida
“Absolutely Disgusted!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Absolutely Disgusted...with the employees and management of this park! My son and I went to Legoland in Winter Haven Florida on October 30th 2011. This was the worst experience I have EVER had. As expected we get to the park and there was a 1 1/2 hour wait to get our tickets to get into the park. This is the first month the park has been open so I completely understand this. Park opens at 10, we get in about 11:38-11:45. No problem since the park closed that day at 6, or so I thought. Wait times were very long due to it being a Sunday during the parks first month still I expected this and no problem. When getting on our 3rd ride of the day about 2:30pm the "flight school" attraction, I placed my bag containing my Samsung Galaxy cell phone along with my sunglasses to the side of the ride as prompted by the overhead speaker and an employee of the ride. Upon getting off the ride my cell phone and sunglasses had been removed from my bag. I know the Items were in my bag due to I made a call in line and when I went to check the time upon leaving this ride the cell phone was GONE! I notified the grounds manager and he called over to the ride. Over the speaker a female stated she had a feeling it must have "walked away again". Which indicated to me this was not the first time this has happened there. I spent from 3pm until 5:30pm fighting with Legoland's un-trained under-staffed rude and inconsiderate "Guest Services" department. The only person who had any empathy and showed any knowledge was their park ranger on duty. He helped me get in touch with Polk County sheriffs office and filea police report. He let me use his personal cell phone when Legoland would not even let me use their phone. My 6yr old little boy cried the whole way home because when we finally were finished the park was pretty much closed and they didn't even offer to give us a ticket to come back. The $175.00 we spent went down the drain for 3 hours. I have now been trying to call Legoland since October 31st 2011 and still nothing! The only satisfaction I get out of this is I actually train customer service reps to sell their tickets for a very large partner of Merlin Entertainment and I will make sure they are never recommended and I will alway s tell my customers I speak with everyday traveling to Orlando to stick with DISNEY !!! This would NEVER happen there!! If someone locates a number please let me know and thanks for taking the time to read my story. We are huge fans of Lego and this was such a disappointment!

Visited October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We can assure you this is not in any way a common issue and we take security and safety within the park seriously. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and we will be contacting you via private message to more fully resolve your situation.
Florida
“We loved it so much, we upgraded our tickets to add a second day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Legoland Florida has done a marvelous job with the old Cypress Gardens property. We went during a Lego VIP promotion weekend, so there were long lines at many rides. Some of the rides were having mechanical issues. But they had just had the grand opening 2 weeks prior and were getting all the bugs out. Considering the huge crowds, I feel they handled it very well. The employees were all very cordial and helpful. The grounds were beautiful - landscaping is back to the Cypress Gardens glory days. MiniLand is unbelievable - the models of Washington, Miami, and other great cities, all built with millions of Legos, were beyond incredible. I could have spent hours just looking at every detail. The Ford Driving School was a huge hit with my granddaughters, ages 10 and 11. I was disappointed with the "Driver's License" that cost $15. It looked nothing like a real license and doesn't even have their name on it. Their promotional posters made it seem you would get something very similar to a real Fla. DL. But the girls like it because it comes on a lanyard they can wear. It's overpriced in my opinion. "Granny's Apple Fries" were also a huge hit - we had them both days. The Fun Town pasta buffet was a good value, and the Market restaurant was also very good. Not as overpriced as many theme park restaurants can be. We even enjoyed the 3D movie in the Wells Fargo theater - wished we had time to see the other 2 movies. All in all, a great 2 days.