“Do not go with a 2 and 3 year old unless over 34 inches !!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

$77*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: LEGOLAND(R) Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun. Located in Winter Haven, FL and just 45 minutes from the Orlando theme parks and downtown Tampa. LEGOLAND is a brand of interactive theme parks dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12.
Liverpool, England
“Do not go with a 2 and 3 year old unless over 34 inches !!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Whilst in Orlando on vacation from the UK we decided to get tickets for the new Legoland Park. All in all a bit pricey we thought as a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 2 and 3. We decided to try it as they do advertise the rides as being for smaller guests which is somewhat accurate yet they fail to mention that anyone below 34 inches (which I am guessing a lot of 2 and 3 year olds will be) cannot ride any of the rides, not even with an adult. Which is ridiculous as most of the rides barely move. So we spent half a day traipsing from ride to ride where our 3 year old would occasionally be able to ride whilst our 2 year old watched on in tears. All in all a very dissapointing day especially for all the money it cost. I think advertising this park for 2 - 12 year olds is a total disgrace. As expected the usual new park hitches also took place ie several rides not opening or stopping after you have queued for some time and overly cautious staff checking and rechecking seat belts etc slowing everything down tremendously. The only high point I think worthy of mention is the pirate cove ski show, entertaining for all the family shame it didn't last too long !

Visited October 2011
Audrey P, Manager at Legoland Florida Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and we hope that you will return to enjoy the park. LEGOLAND Florida is an interactive theme park geared for families with children ages 2-12 and many rides and activities are designed with children in mind. All ride height restrictions are posted on both our website and park maps for your planning convenience, and a guide called What To Do When You Are Two, shares fun ideas and activities for our littlest guests to enjoy on their visit.

orlando, FL
8 attraction reviews
“Legoland, A Seniors Viewpoint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We have lived in Central Florida for almost 20 years and never visited Cypress Gardens. AAA Preview Day at LEGOLAND seemed the perfect time to make that long postponed visit.
We arrived at LEGOLAND just after 9:00 am on Fri. Oct. 7th. (In retrospect, we definitely chose the better day!) My husband is disabled and we found handicapped parking to be quick and convenient. It's a good thing we decided to take his recently acquired electric scooter, since it would have been almost impossible for me to push a wheelchair up and
down the hills of the park. (Perhaps this should be noted in their brochures.)
We found the park to be clean and lines to be reasonably short. We enjoyed
the Island in the Sky ride and the water ski show which are both carry-overs from Cypress Gardens although the water ski show has been reduced to a pirate story suitable for children. We also attended one of the 4-D shows in the Fun Town Theatre. MINILAND, which took 100 people 2 years to build out of over 30 million LEGOS, was fascinating. It
included miniature reproductions of Florida cities, Las Vegas, Washington D.C. (with a marching band parading in front of the Capital), New York City, California cities, Pirate's Shores (with moving tall ships), Daytona International Speedway and the Kennedy Space Center with a Shuttle counting down to lift-off every 6 minutes.
The highlight of our day was the hour plus we spent in the Gardens themselves. They have not been changed although parts have been fenced off and the Southern Belles wandering the grounds have been replaced with Lego ladies.
Rides, attractions and shows at the park are accessible to disabled guests, depending on the nature of their disability. On Friday, however, the lift to make the water ride accessible to wheelchairs was not yet operable We did ride the two-decker carousel which had a pull out ramp for wheelchairs and was able to back up to align the ramp with a seat onthe ride.
Signage on Preview Day was very poor (although they say it will be installed soon) and we spent a lot of time looking for attractions. The employees didn't seem to be very well equipped to answer questions.
Unlike Disney, you cannot carry in food or drink (other than water). We ate at the Market and only a limited menu was available on the 7th. Menu signs were small and difficult to read for elderly or disabled guests. Servers didn't describe the dishes well when asked and my husband ended up with a vegetarian meal which cost $1:00 more than one
containing meat. The food was mediocre and priced about like any other theme park. Best food deal of the day - Granny's Apple Fries - worth every cent of the $4.99 price. I would highly recommend LEGOLAND for families with children from 2-12. There are a multitude of things to do for that age group including a unique Jousting ride. Adults will enjoy
watching their children enjoying themselves.
All-in-all, it was a very pleasant outing.

Visited October 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at LEGOLAND Florida, and hope to welcome you back soon!
“Save your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

As a resident in Tampa Florida we have annual membership most attractions in the area. This is one I would pass. With the price of a pass being comparable to their competition your money would be better spent at another park. I even received a free annual pass as a florida teacher but would not waste the gas money to return to this park. Lines are long due to inefficient running of the rides. Employees are so "busy" being a false friendly that they hold up the process of getting on and off the rides. Ridiculous rules....required me to leave my purse off the ride when I have risen far superior coasters at busch gardens with the same purse. Some rides even require age limits despite meeting the height restrictions • the coolest thing was the Lego landscapes but am I Going to pay a day pass to see that again. Either reduce the price of admissions or improve the park because with the fierce computing in Florida this park will never last. Will advise my friends that also receive the free teacher pass to save the gas money.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and we hope that you will return to enjoy the park. LEGOLAND Florida is very focused on safety and all ride restrictions, including what you may or may not carry onto a ride, are posted prior to entering the ride queues. As a teacher you may also be interested in the great educational program available for children in grades K-12, many of which are explained on our website.
Orlando, Florida, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Great place if you are 8 - 12”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Great place if you are 8 - 12. The seats in the roller coasters are kid size. So they put us 2 at a time in the "chutes" but my son (19) and I could not fit in a car together. So we changed to one in each chute. even then I had to sit sideways to get the safety bar closed. (I am 6' 1" and 190lbs, so I am not a abnormally large or fat person). There are lots of cool lego things to look at if you like legos. I was interested, but the entry for me is $75 and it is not THAT interesting. My son is really into legos (studying to be an architect) so he was more interested than I was. But he agreed it was not worth the price. The shows are very good - if you are 7 or 8. The whole place is geared for that age. The food was good. Every employee was nice and helpful. Since this area has few jobs I think they know that if this place closes they have nothing, so they have a vested interest in its success.
SUMMARY- great if you are 8 -12 but a couple with 2 kids is going to spend $210 in entry, $15 parking, $40 in meals = $265. If I am going to lay out that kind of money I am going to go where I can enjoy the day as well.

Visited October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and we hope that you will return to enjoy the park. LEGOLAND Florida is an interactive theme park geared toward families with children ages 2-12, so many of our rides are designed with that in mind. For full information on ride restrictions, activities and more, please visit our website before your next visit.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
53 attraction reviews
“Decent park. Focused heavily on 5-9 year olds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We visited on Sunday October 16th so it was their second day of being open to the public so perhaps some of the negative comments could be written off to opening week stuff. We visited with our 6 and 8 year old boys. Overall it's a park exclusively geared towards that type age group - lots of children size roller coasters and rides. Nothing extreme, nothing scary or anything like that. Lots of lego fixtures all around the place which is nice.

Since the target demographic is the kids the place is great. My kids loved the park and had a blast. Since I'm the one paying all the money to get in I'm a little irked with the park though. A couple of comments that made the parents' experience less than optimal:
- Crowd/line management: This ain't Disney. The lines were pretty small but there's really no effort and making them manageable and painless. Lot of standing in line staring at each other. This is what theme parks were 10-15 years ago; the modern parks entertain you and even do more advanced stuff like fastpass and such. It didn't totally bother us but I can't imagine being in this park when it's crowded and hot. The driving school was pretty bad waiting wise.
- Layout is a inefficient. I know this used to be a Cypress Gardens so it's not like Lego took it from scratch but I don't give them much pity on this. Bathrooms seemed in odd locations and we found ourselves doubling back 5-10 minutes when our kids suddenly decided to go to the bathroom. We also had to walk back towards the entrance for lunch. Need to spread the places out better.
- We've heard tons about the apple fries as their signature dish. And yes, they're damned good. Like an apple pie with ice cream but in fry form But if they're your signature dish we could only find them in one section of the park (up front where none of the rides are). And the place that sells them is horribly inefficient. We had two people in front of us and it took ten minutes just to get one thing of them and that's the only thing that place sells. It's not like you need to guess what people are going to order. Really slow service - we were ten seconds from just walking away.
- Saw the water ski show. It was pretty bad, even for our kids. Cheesy stuff. I guess they were trying to pay homage to the old Cypress Gardens but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
- I would have thought there were more places to actually build and play with legos. We only found one place to do that which was fine where you build cars and race them, but later in the day there was a line for it which I can't imagine waiting in line for.

Some tips for those visiting:
- They don't check bags. Bring your food with you and bring drinks and such. The food is standard theme park fare but you can save money by bringing your own.
- Dress cool. It's not a well shaded park and no real water rides to cool down with. It was fairly brutal and it was only an 82 degree October day.
- Standard theme park advice - get there when it first opens to get the rides out of the way.

Again, I know I'm being critical and hopefully some of this stuff gets improved with time but my kids loved it. But if you give me a choice I'm taking the kids to Disney (it's roughly the same drive for us to either place). Hope this helps.

Visited October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an excellent experience and we hope that you will return to enjoy the park. On your next visit, be sure to check out the other rooms in the Build and Test area of the Imagination zone, where several building options are available if school groups are not in that area. Also check out updated descriptions of rides, shows and restuarants on our website before your visit to help plan your day.