“More than I wanted to pay for the area- but peace of mind” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“More than I wanted to pay for the area- but peace of mind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We planned a trip to Legoland and after looking at the hotels in the area choose this one. It was clean, and comfortable - just what we needed traveling with a special needs child. Breakfast lived up to expectations, hot and tasty. Staff was friendly and helpful. Having the fridge and Microwave was a great help with the little one!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at this Holiday Inn because all the other hotels in the area looked sketchy. We wanted something close to Legoland, which it is. Clean rooms, awesome lobby! And the kids get mini-figures for Legoland at check-in! My only problem is the price, with a AAA discount we paid $135 for one night, but it was worth it compared to the other options. I would love to come back again for a longer stay!

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have over 200 hotel nights this year and this is the best mid price hotel I have stayed in (2013). The property is new and well appointed. The staff was exceptional and very knowledgeable about local shops and restaurants. The breakfast is the average chain fair with the signature HI cinnamon rolls. The only thing I would like is a hot tub.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First off I want to say thanks to all the staff at this hotel. I had a surgery in Winter Haven and stayed here for 5 days. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and made my stay very comfortable. Suzanne who works the evening bar/restaurant is super nice as is the lady who works the breakfast! The hotel itself was super clean, my room was very large and updated, had a clean, nice pool area and a great restaurant. The food is amazing...I ate here 3 times for dinner and breakfast each day and I can tell you I couldn't believe it was a hotel restaurant (all the food tasted great and was fresh...not sure how anyone could complain about the breakfast). I honestly felt like I was on holiday staying at a resort more then being at a hotel for surgery. All I can say is that this maybe the best hotel experience I have ever had and will be choosing Holiday Inns exclusively for future trips/vacations when possible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
north port,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is very close to Legoland, about a 5 minute drive. It is also close to restaurants & shopping. The hotel is very clean. We have stayed here a few times when visiting Legoland, when the Hampton Inn was booked. We prefer that hotel. Holiday Inn doesn't offer free breakfast, which we like for the kids. I take my grandchildren down as I am an early riser, & let Mom, Dad & Grandpop sleep a little later. Holiday Inn has breakfast buffet for $7.99 & kids eat free, but, it's terrible.
My other BIG complaint is the air conditioner....it is SO NOISEY! Keeps cycling off & on all night. You fall asleep then boom it's on again to wake you. If there were ceiling fans in the room I would have turned it off. Bring your MP & ear buds, that's what Hubby did. I can't sleep with things in my ears. We had adjoining rooms, ours was handicap. It was nice, however the vanity is extremely small. There are 2 elevators.

Room Tip: Room 305 & 307 are connecting, face the pool & were quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Weston, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very good hotel for a family going to legoland, they treat you well and even give you legoland stuff at check-in. It would have been a "good" hotel if breakfast was better. The breakfast staff ( basically one lady when we were there) could do a better job, and the food had basically no taste. Eggs were of the canned type they cook by the pounds...bread/pastries were marginally OK...

Beds were on the soft side....rollaway bed for our 7 year old kid was not good, you could feel the springs ...my son is not picky at all and did not want to sleep there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bwillard, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winter Haven, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Good Afternoon,
First let me thank you for your review of my hotel. I am so sorry we were not 100% up to your standards. I will address your service in the Cafe' Blu and the food as well. I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we are better than that. Please feel free to reach out to me personally the next time you come to LEGOLAND.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay for a Legoland visit.....staff was nice and free breakfast was just fine. Pool was nice as was our room. Since there is only 1 elevator in the building I would recommend a ground floor room. Breakfast was staffed and everything was plentyfull with nothing running out, and we went down probably later than most.

Room Tip: Ground floor as there is only 1 elevator for the whole building
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!