“Very Surprised with Holiday Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Winter Haven
Miami, Florida
“Very Surprised with Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had a family gathering not far from the hotel. Having stayed in many Holiday Inns over the years and watching the deterioration of the band I was a bit skeptical when our relatives said we should give this hotel a chance. We just came back from a stay at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua, Maui an were spoiled. Having said that when we walked into this hotel we were more then suprised. It is three years old and looks brand new. The decor in not the usual Holiday Inn either. The staff were very cordial and helpful. We were in our room for about 20 minutes and received a call from guest services to see if we liked the room. I asked my wife to check the sign out side to see if we were in the wrong hotel. Amazing service. The breakfast was quick, hot, very nice presentation, tasty and the waitress was very accomodating. We reserved 3 rooms and all were the same. Carpets were spotless, room very clean, bathroom was spotless and has granite walls in the show. Flat screen tv, very clean side chair and ottoman. The room looked new. And the price was very reasonable. We would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about priority membership and you will save about 20% off the room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Our family has stayed at this hotel several times. GREAT staff, GREAT clean rooms, and a GREAT breakfast and lounge area - all for a GREAT value. It was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at and the hotel staff was extremely hospitable and caring to our every need. As a frequent world traveler, I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Winter Haven isn't Orlando. It's not even Winter Park. So it's not like you have a great variety of accommodations to choose from locally. I wasn't expecting a lot when I stayed here the first time but I was pleasantly surprised! Clean comfortable rooms and pleasant desk staff made for a nice stay. Since then I've been back three or four times and, so long as they keep it up, I'll return every time I come back to town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kingston, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed for 2 days on a business trip in late July 2011. The hotel is tucked in behind Outback Steakhouse on a major 4 land road, but its still tricky to see the sign. My GPS said I needed to make a u turn to get enter the parking lot, but there is a west bound turning lane now. I really like this hotel. Clean, well kept and possessing a super friendly staff. I got an automatic suite upgrade on checking even though I added my PC number to the reservation from the company travel agent a mere 24 hours before checking in. 418 has a 2x wide room, with three sections, the office/closet/bathroom area, the sofabed TV sitting area, and a kingbed, TV, chaise long area, with divider walls between. You can sleep with a selection of 4 pillows, or entertain a few guests with comfort and ease. I had snacks and drinks waiting in the room after a quick and polite post midnight checkin. The next day I saw staff cleaning the pool, and everything looked to be in perfect operating condition. I had dinner in the lounge, and aside from a couple of folks stopping by to take a drink up to their rooms, had the bar to myself. The bartender gave me the TV remote, and saw to my dinner from the "limited menu" nicely (warning, the menu consists of 4 items: salads and wings). The bar had a good selection, conversation, and a never empty glass. I would happily stay here again. In October 2011, the worlds largest legoland adventure park will open just a few miles down the same road. I think this would be an ideal place to stay for a visit.

Room Tip: get a priority club membership to get free upgrades
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
fort lauderdale, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here for my daughter's Fastpitch Softball State Tournament. I booked the group reservation several months prior to our stay and Desiree and Jennifer were so helpful with the entire process. Upon arrival, each family on our team commented how impressed they were with the newness of the hotel, the cleanliness, that it was well-located, close to restaurants and shopping.

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and we appreciated the 1/2 size refrigerator and the flat screen TV's with HD! Every request was answered promptly, including a special order request at the free breakfast each morning, due to allergies! If we have any future trips to Winter Haven, I would not consider staying elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Ocean Gate, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Now this is what you expect from a hotel. The personnel are ALL friendly, nice, pleasant and real. Not fake. They must treat their staff well for them to be this pleasant. Clean, roomy, and what you pay for. Well worth the stay and value. Stay HERE. Nice nice place. Work out room as well...just perfect! thanks!

• Stayed April 2011
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

What an awesome hotel, from the staff to the comfortable beds. The lobby is so spacious and open and decorated with a contemporary flare. The rooms are bright in color and very clean. My husband and I had breakfast in the Cafe' Blu and was pleasantly surprised on how good it was and Leslie our server was the best. The hotel shares the parking lot with an Outback Steak House and Red Lobster and you can walk to many other eateries as well. If you are traveling to the Winter Haven area and looking for a relaxing atmosphere, great service and clean rooms I recommend you stay at the Holiday Inn

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Winter Haven? Share your experiences!