“Great Golf and the rooms got a nice upgrade” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge

Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winter Garden
Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge
Save Saved
You added Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge to your Saves list
16301 Phil Ritson Way, Winter Garden, FL 34787   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Winter Garden
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Golf and the rooms got a nice upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just finishing a golf trip here. The rooms have been nicely spruced up with better quality linens. Its obvious they have invested a lot of money upgrading the grounds and facilities. The golf courses were in fantastic shape.

Toby and Mike went out of their way to make our group feel welcome. This is the best deal going. Staying at the lodge makes the trip way easier.

Thanks OCN, we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the putting green for night putting
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Batavia, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Came with a group of 8 guys for 3 nights and 4 days of golf. All agreed that the courses were top-tier courses in great shape. Solid value. Lodging is basic, pretty much like a mediocre Super 8. But u can't beat the convenience factor. Definitely have to drive off property for dinner a they don't even serve it..but that's ok because based on the buffet we had for breakfast, would not want to eat dinner there. Ok, but again very basic.

So if your trip is all about golf, then check out staying there for the savings and convenience. That said, I think it is safe to say that the proprietors do not put much emphasis on food or lodging, or customer service training for that matter. Staff is nice, but it's clear they could use an in fusion of quality hospitality management and training.

At the end of the day, great trip, wonderful golf- just don't expect much off the course. Quick tip- dinner in Winter Garden at Al Fresco- excellent.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The two courses and practice facilities are 1st rate . The lodge accomodation was poor . Check in took about 45mins and we were then allocated a room for disabled people( we are not ) For some reason it had had no hanging space or coat hangers , no coffee machine , the sinks had no plugs and it felt a bit gruby ! On the plus side the golf was excellent , we got around both days in less than 4 hours and the course condition was very good.The staff in the golf shop were really helpful .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We played during the PGA demo day (1/23/13) - both courses with a break for lunch in between. The courses are in excellent shape. It's a great design, one of the best in the area for sure.

Play was very slow - but I believe this was due to the number of people at the course for the demo day and I believe they pushed a few extra groups in.

I want ot chalk up the service issues to the extra 10K people that were there for the show, which is why I still gave it 5 stars. The staff did a good job helping us find the first tee boxes and providing information as it was clear they were a bit overwhelmed. However, I booked the first tee time of the day (7:03) and had the email confirmation in hand. When I checked in - I was told we were booked for 7:21. Not a big deal normally but the next thing you know we were at the starter with 4 groups ahead of us and didn't get out until even later. Our group normally plays very fast golf and instead we waited behind a few groups that were going to make a full day out of it.

As for the reply - it took a while to get straightened out how much we were to pay. A sign on the course says $29 replay (with no other information) while I had booked $59 and they tried to charge me $99. We were allowed the $59 rate (still not sure about the sign at $29) and went on to play a 5 hr round - again I'm sure this is due to the extra groups and crowd in general.

We will attempt this course again next year as it is one of the best layouts in the Orlando area. The conditions were excellent and the staff there was very cordial and did try to take care of things.

If you can get a decent rate - I think you should give OCN a try next time you're in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the OCNL because it was on a well reviewed golf course, and it was inexpensive. For the golf courses being so good, the lodge is lacking in many ways.

First, I was traveling for business, though playing golf for pleasure. I wanted to separate the cost of the room and the cost of the golf onto two credit cards. They said they were unable to make that happen. I can't believe I'm the only one to ever request to split the costs - this just seems like it makes sense. The guy who checked me in said I could ask the manager the next afternoon - but being in a meeting all day made it impossible for me to be there when the manager was in.

When I got into my room, I noticed the hand towels, washcloths, and bathroom floor towel had not been put out. They were stacked in a pile on the sink. I know the housekeeping left them there accidentally because the next day, after I had returned from my meeting, they were hung up on towel racks, and the floor towel was folded neatly on the tub rim. While the shower was ok, the fan in the bathroom was quite loud, and I could see it physically vibrating from the spinning fan.

I had put trash from my dinner in the trash can the first night. When I got back from my meeting on Friday, the housekeeping crew had changed out the trash bag, but left the bag with trash in it sitting on the floor in the room. They didn't take the trash out, they just put a clean bag in the wastebasket. Quite unbelievable.

While I was picking up the trash bag they had left on the floor, with my day old trash in it, I noticed that one of the electrical receptacles under the desk did not have a faceplate on. While not a big problem for me, I can only imagine a child crawling under there and sticking a finger in the wall. That shouldn't even pass fire code, much less be something the management is ok leaving as is. See my picture for confirmation.

One more problem is the thin walls. I was up until midnight one of the two nights I stayed at OCNL, and when I turned my tv off to go to sleep, I could hear very clearly the room next door. The tv was on, and the two gentlemen in the room were talking. It was very difficult for me to sleep with the noise from the neighboring room.

My recommendation - until they clean up (literally) their act, find somewhere else to stay. Unless you just enjoy cheap and non-well kept motels, there must be something else near by that's worth the drive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Spring Hill, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is our 4th year staying at the lodge and playing 3 days of golf at Orange county national. This year, they are under new ownership and it seems that the wonderful customer service of years past has gone by the wayside. No longer is it one stop for checking into the lodge and checking in for golf. We arrived and went into the pro shop to check in as we did in years past and were told we had to go to the Lodge to check in. The pro shop knew we were early but he told us we could check in even though our rooms wouldn't be ready. We got back in the car and drove to the Lodge, went inside and said to Amy behind the desk we wanted to check in. The ever personable Amy didn't say hi, welcome, or sorry. Instead, the only words out of Amy's mouth was "you can't check in until 3:00". My reply being, the pro shop said we could check in now and get our rooms later. Again the ever personable Amy replied "you can't check in until 3:00. So much for customer service. Usually, people talk to me in full sentences. I guess Amy is a person of few words. Amy never gave me the chance to tell her we made arrangements prior to our arrival to have one of our 4 rooms ready for us since we had a diabetic in our group who needed to refridgerate her insulin. We finally got that straightened out with the Lodge manager and proceeded to go back to the clubhouse for lunch. We were the only people in the restaurant and the waitress took her sweet time getting to us to wait on us. Once again, customer service is horrible. It is now only 10:45 in the morning. One of our people asked if they could get their sandwich on rye bread and was told they didn't have any rye. Lunch only started at 10:30 and there is a Rueben on rye on the menu. It took us an hour to get lunch. Now we go play golf. We have to go back to the pro shop to get a ticket to give to the starter. The bag drop guys took their sweet time getting to us so I already had our three bags out of the car and onto the bag rack. Not once did we get a welcome to Orange County National. While out playing golf, we only saw the cart girl on hole number 14. Mind you, in years past, there would be 4 bottle of water in the cooler on our golf cart, so I did not bring my own water. I was so thirsty by the time we saw the beverage cart that I could have drunk everything on her cart. This is only day one. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE KEY IN ANY BUSINESS THAT RELIES ON THE PUBLIC FOR THEIR INCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL NOT BE BACK NEXT YEAR.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Before I start I must advise that the reason my son (21 years) and I visited Orange County National Golf Centre in Orlando was because it was recommended to us. I booked to play Panther Lake on Thursday 28 June 2012, whilst on holiday in the Orlando area with my family. Having advised the club some 6 days in advance that we would require to rent clubs we arrived in good time for our arranged tee time of 07:42am.

The booking-in process was laboured and the cost of a round of golf for two together with two sets of rental clubs came to $208 (two hundred and eight US dollars). This equates to approximately £140 sterling. We purchased golf balls from the well stocked professional shop and enquired whether our rental clubs would come with golf tees only to be told by the chap behind the counter that they would not. Having paid $208 and having played golf around the world and all over my home country of Scotland I found this rather surprising. I then asked if I could buy golf tees only to be told that the shop did not have any (that they would NEED TO order some...). I asked if the starter had any tees and the chap was not able to answer this, in fact he seemed dis-interested. He then directed us towards the 1st tee advising us to walk approximately 200 - 300 yards pointing the direction (we couldn't miss it he said).

On arriving at the first tee the starter asked why he had directed us there that indeed we should have gone in the opposite direction to collect our buggy/cart and rental clubs (I should state that the starter was very professional and indeed helpful). He radioed for our clubs and buggy to be brought round to the first tee. I was then told that there were no golf tees available at the starters hut and when I enquired if they expected us to hit our drivers off the deck (we're both single handicaps ~ but not that good) I was met with astonishment that the club could not provide us with tees. The chaps from the club rental area were then despatched to find tees and some 5-10 minutes later arrived with a loose selection of 9 assorted tees between us both, which they had clearly found lying about their store area. It was now approximately 20 minutes after our arranged start time. To say that I was disillusioned would be an understatement. Indeed, disgusted would be a greater assessment of the manner in which we were treated and welcomed. We then drove the cart to the 1st tee and on inspection of our clubs we were shocked at their state. Every club (with the exception of the putters) was disgusting, indeed they were absolutely filthy, covered in muck. I doubt they had been cleaned in some considerable time but by this time I just wanted to get started and saw no tangible benefit in driving back to the starter to go through this with him (let's face it, it wasn't his fault). I cleaned each individual club myself as we continued around the course and my son did likewise.

The course itself is well laid out though the greens had been spiked (late June!!!) and a considerable amount of sand had been spread over them. It is, however, a well laid out track. At the end of our round, which took slightly longer than we expected (we were behind a four ball), we drove the cart to the return area, only to be met by the gentlemen there who pleasantly enquired if "the clubs were good to us". I had no energy to ask him if he had actually inspected them before he gave them out and merely responded that I had seen a lot better. He was clearly only being pleasant in the hope and anticipation of a tip (gratuity) and when one was not forthcoming his clearly "normal demeanour" returned and he became surly and less than pleasant. In short, this was NOT value for money and whilst I accept that others may have had an enjoyable experience at this course, this was most certainly NOT enjoyable for us. I sincerely hope that the club management take note of these comments and provide their paying guests/visitors with golf tees and clean golf clubs in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge? Share your experiences!