“I will be driving the miles to go back for Tacos” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch
Orlando, Florida, United States
“I will be driving the miles to go back for Tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Any of you from Mexican border states? If so, you know what good Mexican is. We, here in Orlando, put up with very pedestrian, mediocre Mexican cuisine and argue over who has the best Taco in a lackluster epicurean landscape. Well, for me, that ended yesterday. Taquitos Jalisco has the best tacos....HANDS DOWN! Well worth the 20 minute drive from the attractions or downtown Orlando.

Visited September 2013

88% Recommend
“Warm, friendly, family restaurant with entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I love this place. It's decked out in the style of a Mexican hacienda and the bar is a tile roofed oasis in the middle of the restaurant. Quite often full and bustling, you could have to wait for a table, especially at the weekends. The food is simple but tasty. My favourite are the fajitas which are served on a sizzling skillet with an accompaniment of rice, beans, guacamole and sour cream. They only have a wine and beer license, so margaritas are made with wine.

More often than not there is entertainment of some form and Fridays and Saturdays you will be treated to the delights of a mariachi band made up of extremely talented high school students. Tips are welcomed and your choice of song will be sung - their repertoire is quite extensive, including modern songs

Only let down is that the toilets are a bit shabby and could use a spring cleaning!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg
“I crave this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was my first experience with Mexican cuisine and it was amazing. The atmosphere was quaint and it was welcoming and friendly. I couldn't ask for any better prices, and the quality of my meal was superb. I really enjoyed coming to this place and I am coming back with family members in tow, they need to try this place too!!

Apparently they have great lunch specials throughout the week, so check it out! I know I will.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is my all time favorite Mexican restaurant. They serve authentic Mexican food for a great price. The fajitas are my all time favorite!

Visited April 2013
Deltona, Florida, United States
“Outstanding Food and Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I first read about Taquitos Jalisco through a newspaper story. The place is an annual award-winner for its authentic Mexican cuisine. We finally got a chance to go in January, and it was more than I had imagined. I ordered the chicken mole. Many so-called Mexican restaurants do not offer mole. But this place produced the tastiest mole I have ever tried. The flavor was deep and rich and did not overwhelm the palette with the sweetness of the Mexican chocolate. I think the sweeter versions might use the sweetness to cover up for lack of depth in flavor. But this version had plenty of flavors. My refried beans were topped with a salty Mexican cheese. It added an unbelievable twist. All other refried beans dishes now pale in comparison to what Taquitos Jalisco offered. I had two beers with my meal. Then our family of four shared some desserts. The flan was the best I've ever tried. The best part was the bill. At another Mexican place, I normally pay $70 or more for our family of four. But we got more food and better food for less at Taquitos Jalisco. Our bill was around $50. We ate an early dinner on a Sunday. I was surprised that the place was not busy. That was a nice. But it makes me wonder what people are thinking! If I lived closer, I'd eat at this place every week. Maybe even twice a week. It's that good.

• Visited January 2013