“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Orlando, Florida
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is my all time favorite Mexican restaurant. They serve authentic Mexican food for a great price. The fajitas are my all time favorite!

Visited April 2013

Deltona, Florida, United States
“Outstanding Food and Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I first read about Taquitos Jalisco through a newspaper story. The place is an annual award-winner for its authentic Mexican cuisine. We finally got a chance to go in January, and it was more than I had imagined. I ordered the chicken mole. Many so-called Mexican restaurants do not offer mole. But this place produced the tastiest mole I have ever tried. The flavor was deep and rich and did not overwhelm the palette with the sweetness of the Mexican chocolate. I think the sweeter versions might use the sweetness to cover up for lack of depth in flavor. But this version had plenty of flavors. My refried beans were topped with a salty Mexican cheese. It added an unbelievable twist. All other refried beans dishes now pale in comparison to what Taquitos Jalisco offered. I had two beers with my meal. Then our family of four shared some desserts. The flan was the best I've ever tried. The best part was the bill. At another Mexican place, I normally pay $70 or more for our family of four. But we got more food and better food for less at Taquitos Jalisco. Our bill was around $50. We ate an early dinner on a Sunday. I was surprised that the place was not busy. That was a nice. But it makes me wonder what people are thinking! If I lived closer, I'd eat at this place every week. Maybe even twice a week. It's that good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Revisited - much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Recently revisited this restaurant. Food and service was much better than my last visit. I ordered Shrimp fajitas whIch were excellent:). Our waiter was very accommodating. Glad they have improved!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Excellent dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

On recommendation of our hotel front desk, we tried the home-style Mexican food here. Everything from the server to our food to the mariachi music was very impressive. Highly recommend it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Truly Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I were in Winter Garden and had heard about this restaurant and so, with a real hankering for some good Mexican fare, we searched this place out. Upon entering the restaurant several things stood out, immediately. The restaurant is dark and dank and really in need of a good cleaning. This Terra Cota tiles over the bar are filled with dust, as was most of the decorative items hung on the wall. Okay, we got past that. We ordered our food and to be safe, we tried the usual, everyday Mexican items - Burritos, Enchiladas, etc. After place our order, we got the usual chips and salsa. The chips were stale and cold and the salsa was merely a boat-load of celantro, onions and garlic is what amounted to "tomato water." The salsa was so watery that you couldn't dip the chips into the salsa and get that true Mexican thick tomato salsa flavor. Maybe it's made by that guy from New York City!

When I food did arrive, one order was wrong and the dish had to be sent back. Finally, upon getting my food, it was cold and tasteless. It took a heap of Tapito sauce to get a flavor going on my Burritos. The chicken Burritos did not seem to be cooked thoroughly. While this restayrant may have other items that may be more appetizing, I figure that if a Mexican restaurant can't deliver decent chips, salsa and chicken burritos, it's probably not for me

• Visited February 2013