“Best BBQ in Orlando” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“Best BBQ in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My fiance and I eat here regularly and are having 4 rivers cater our rehearsal dinner. The brisket and pulled pork are our favorites!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winter Garden, Florida
“A good Barbeque Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We eat here often and have never had a bad meal. Servings are good size. Indoor seating is limitited but picnic tables are pleasant on covered patio Closed Sundays. No table service. Line can be quite long at favorite meal times.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Unsure about all the hype....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had read a number of very complimentary reviews of 4 Rivers online & as I was due to visit central Florida I decided to add 4 Rivers to my itinerary. I made to 4 Rivers & on arrival noted the absence of the smell of smoke? The place itself is very casual, you queue to order your food & then find a table inside (or a communal bench outside). To be honest the menu is pretty exhaustive & to be honest it was a little daunting knowing what to select. We ordered a ¼ chicken, pulled pork sandwich & burnt end sandwich (each came with 2 sides), we ordered the beans (very tasty), the corn (overpowered flavour of garlic), the mac & cheese (just ok), fries & coleslaw (which was pretty bland & watery). The chicken was very moist with a nice humm of smoke off it, the pulled pork was nice (but nothing to rave about) and the burnt ends sandwich was way too salty (so much so that I left half of it). 4 Rivers is pretty pricey when compared to other BBQ joints in central Florida & although there were a couple of high points (the chicken & beans), the rest of the items were pretty non descript. I was surprised with the mediocre experience as the place was packed with people ordering eat in & take out, but I suppose there is no accounting for tastes. Anyway to summarise the restaurant is clean & well appointed, the staff were friendly & food arrived quickly but I feel it was let down in flavour stakes.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SJU
“Long lines and after trying it you know why”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Be sure to leave room for desserts which are amazing, but the barbecue is why everyone goes there. Lots of choices but our favorites are brisket and wings. Take home some coffee rub, it is amazing on steaks.

Visited March 2014
Clermont, Florida
“Destroyer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is the best smokehouse ever! Their brisket is so moist and tender. Their pulled pork is flavorful. And the sides are so wonderful that it is hard to select between them all! It was my birthday and this is THE place for my celebration!

I had the Texas Destroyer. Heaven on a bun!!! It consists of their smoked brisket topped with onion rings, jalapeños, melted provolone cheese and 4 Rivers sauce, I am not exaggerating when I tell you that my brisket was at least one and an half inches thick, if not closer to two inches. Tender. Tender. Tender. For my sides I selected the baked beans and the corn bread. I am usually not a baked beans fan, but theirs are the best I have ever had. The cornbread has jalapeños incorporated into the cornbread giving it a nice bit of heat without being too much.

Their inside seating is limited here but they have a large outside seating area that is covered with picnic benches. What is barbecue without picnic benches?

Keep your eye out for 4 Rivers as they are expanding to other areas of the state. Good barbecue!!

• Visited March 2014