“Just do not go!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
DELTONA
“Just do not go!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Too many fine eating places in the Orlando area to waste your money here. Food is just low middle of the road and not hot. Drinks are good and over priced. They either need to change their philosophy or they will close in due time. Just not worth the money. Sorry!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Should be much higher on TripAdvisor rankings!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hubby and I went to the Tasting Room recently on a whim. It was 7pm or so on a Thursday night, and there were only a couple of tables occupied, which was surprising. The venue is inviting and intimate, and they have a great wine selection available.

The food is served tapas style and comes out from the kitchen as soon as it's ready, so don't expect to order several items and receive them all at the same time. For us dining as a couple, this worked nicely as we set a nice pace and shared everything we ordered.

Special that night was game sliders, which were good but not amazing. The chicken tacos tasted like they were just dredged in hot sauce and were a little disappointing. The chicken and mushroom fltabread was a little bland. Nothing awful or 'wrong' per se, just made a mental note to try something else next time.

However...

The mini beef wellingtons were honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten. Tender, flavorful deliciousness that I did not want to end. I honestly would go back just to order this again. After we had finished, the chef came out and asked us if we would like to try some Foie Gras. It was beautifully presented with a scallop ceviche and a beet salad.

We had a great, slow-paced romantic evening with the opportunity to sample lots of small plates. The pricing was very fair ($8-$10 per plate). Service was good, not great, but the chef coming to the table with a suggestion did impress us.

Can't wait to go back and try something else!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“The Perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a great meal on the patio. The service was outstanding and only beat by the food itself. The chef came by several times to check on us. I feel it is and excellent restaurant in a great location.

Visited December 2012
orlando
“Amazing food, real bartenders, should be #1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I can't believe that this restaurant is ranked #31 at the moment on Trip advisor. Hubby and I have been to 4 star, diamond ranked restaurants in various places, and believe me when I say that this restaurant is on point with their cuisine! The service is excellent, the restaurant has a cool vibe/friendly atmosphere, and the bartenders are fabulous! It's the type of place that you could either throw on your cocktail dress or even your scrubs after work (which I do on occasion after a really long day). I can get a martini and a delicious plate of fried chicken livers (very filling) with accompaniments for $15. When Chef Kevin Tartar said "I wanted to de-snobbify fine dining," in a recent article, he hit the nail on the head!
P.S. I can't find it on their site, but last time I was there, they still had a happy hour

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Windermere, Florida
“Delicious neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a wonderful time, delicious tapas appetizer as fish tacos, beef Wellington , tuna and salmon tartar, fried green tomatoes hummmmm.Great selection of wines and beer with a reasonable price.Our serve Paige is knowledgeable and professional, owner is very nice as well her husband a fantastic chef.

• Visited October 2012