“Great Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Windermere, Florida
“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Really like the Dixie Cream Cafe. The Tempura green tomato Benedict is great - have had this twice and both times it has been excellent. Perfectly cooked soft poached eggs, thin crispy batter on the tomato and tasty ham. Staff are always friendly and efficient; a great place for breakfast or lunch.

Visited October 2013

Orlando, Florida
“DIxie Cream - A Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've eaten breakfast here 4 or 5 times and have had both lunch and dinner there once (last visit was a few months ago). Food was always very good. The brisket hash is wonderful. Onion rings were industrial size but tasty; pulled pork platter was very good. Service can be a bit slow, even when there are few patrons. Everything was always fresh and cooked to order. One of my friends call DCC Home of the 15 Dollars Eggs. Well, the breakfasts really don't cost that much (but close), however considering you are in WIndermere, expect to pay a bit more, and it is a step in quality over Perkins. Stephanie (Owner) is usually around for chit chat and is pleasant. Enjoy the paintings of local artists. I especially liked the art of Tiffany Beasi... Drive carefully going there or you'll end up getting a ticket in their zero tolerance zone. Give this place a try and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Fun, eclectic, great food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I love coming here for breakfast. It starts with the great service. It continues with the delicious and diverse menu. All surrounded by a quaint and eclectic environment. Every little town has its go to place. This is it for Windermere. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, CO
“High Expectations that didn't deliver”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I saw good reviews online for the Dixie Cream and was so excited to try this cafe. I went for lunch and ordered from the breakfast menu which is available through lunch. I ordered eggs over easy but received well done eggs. But the real issue was the breakfast potatoes. They were black, not just crispy or well done but black. I considered sending the plate back but realized that the chef had put these inedible pieces of charcoal on my plate along with my overcooked eggs and seemed quite happy to send them out to me. The waiter had seen what he was serving and decided that it was acceptable to place these petrified pieces of once recognizable potatoes in front of me. I drew the conclusion that they didn't care.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lodi, Ohio
“The best local cafe I have had in a LONG time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

After our family lost a loved one, we had our family get together breakfast here. It was delicious. I know everyone got something different and we didn't have a single complaint! It was a small little cafe and the staff was wonderful! I had the lemon pancakes and I highly recommend them!

• Visited July 2013