“Charming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bungalow Six Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilton Manors
Bungalow Six Guest House
Save Saved
You added Bungalow Six Guest House to your Saves list
2726 NE 6th Lane, Wilton Manors, FL 33334   |
Amsterdam, New York
“Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

From the moment we stepped on the property we knew we made the right choice. Absolutely charming. The setting was perfect. Lush, tropical, and inviting. We loved everything about our stay. From the rooms to the atmosphere to the hosts. Franco and Billy were hosts in the sense of the word. They made us feel very comfortable and welcome. My next vacation will definitely be for longer. Overall it was an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My best friend recommended Bungalow Six Guest House for our short stay in Wilton Manors and I am very pleased to have gone to that place. The hosts (Billy & Franco) made us feel like at home, they were very attentive, accommodating and helpful…the place is very peaceful and very well kept, we wanted to stay a longer but had to come back to New York City. We definitely are coming back to Wilton Manors and to Bungalow Six for sure…TWO THUMPS UP GUYS!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Dear Readers, I’d like to take this time to review Bungalow Six in Wilton Manor, Fort Lauderdale. I believe Trip Advisor is a useful tool in forming your own opinion by reading reviews of past guest.

Being an avid traveler, I feel compelled to tell you that Bungalow Six in our opinion is NOT a guesthouse but someone’s home.

We feel this way for the following reasons. Upon checked in, we immediately felt like we were walking into a home and not a guesthouse. We were not treated as paying guest but people needing a place to stay.

The 250.00 deposits, a broken Jacuzzi, music restriction and pool closure at 10 surprised us. We understand that things break down and additional charges can incur at check-in but the delivery of all the news was very nonchalant.
Management did explain that their neighbors had complained in the past about music and felt it was best to not play music.

They also explained to us that Bungalow Six is a quite retreat where guest come to relax and not make noise. Did they expect us to tip toe around their property? To the reader, I may be exaggerating a bit, but it truly felt like you had to whisper around the property. If you like silence and appreciate a good level of intimidation throughout your stay? This is the place for you!

WE DO NOT! We are the kind of guest that enjoy wonderful conversation over cocktails and wiggle out toes to music. We enjoy meeting new people, and creating lasting friendships.
After several hours on the property, we realized that management had a constant presence. Remember, this is NOT a multi unit guesthouse run by numerous employees cleaning rooms all day. This is a small 2-unit property. Having Management there all day looking over your shoulder and scrutinizing your every move is unnerving. Please be aware that the management lives next door.

We had an early dinner that night and adhered to the 10pm rule. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day.

Waking up at 7am to the rumblings of management going through the trash was ridiculous!

Apparently, we discarded our glass containers away in the wrong receptor the night before. We were scolded and embarrassed.
They also informed us that we discarded food that they keep in the refrigerator.
We explained that we discarded the foods thinking it was from previous guest. They said it was theirs.

As guest, we quickly realized that management's actions were not isolated but possible a daily operation. They informed us that we were not a good fit for them and were asked to leave.

We were relieved. There was no time to wait for them to get on their brooms and write " "GET OUT" in the sky.

We quickly gathered out belonging from “their” home, full refund in hand and said goodbye to Mommy Dearest!

We found a guesthouse close to the beach and had a wonderful weekend in spite of everything.

I hope this helps, I don't discourage anyone from ever going there, but I certainly would ask lots and lots of questions and ask for complete privacy during your stay. Just in case, bring your ruby slippers for a quick exit in case they send their flying monkey’s your way!

I encourage the management to respond to this review.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Met friends at the Bungalow Six for a quiet and relaxing weekend; however, what we got from management was anything but that. We had noticed prior to check in and at check in that the owner's behavior went from calm and mild to erratic and aggressive; thus, we all agreed to just remain calm and to do nothing to excite him. The resort itself was pleasant. The house could use some updating and several things were in need of repair; however, it was sufficient for a quiet weekend and we did not mind. The pool area there is great; however, there were a lot of mosquitos when we stayed. I guess the wildlife in that habitat need mosquitos. Everything was manageable other than the owner's behavior was completely unprofessional. His behavior was anything but hospitable and he made our short stay there miserable. The mosquitos, and there were many, were more welcoming the owner! For me, he ruined our weekend and he should be ashamed that he acted so unprofessional and out of control.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Several months ago three friends of ours from the Midwest decided to visit Ft. Lauderdale and we all agreed we would rent rooms near Wilton Drive for Memorial Day Weekend. After reading the reviews online we met with the owner Billy and secured his property for the holiday weekend. We told Billy we wanted to have a bbq one afternoon and wanted to invite some local friends in and he said it was ok as long as we did not have a lot of people where it turned into a big party. We agreed it would be small and during the day only. A few days prior to our arrival one our guests contacted Billy as she wanted to see what kinds of utinsels, etc. we might need for food preparation, not for the bbq, but for ourselves while we were there. We wanted to prepare most of our food for the six of us while we were there and we did not want to have to run out for 'this and that.' Immediately, Billy phoned one of the guests and began to question him regarding a party. Again, he reminded him it would be a small bbq and not a party. After he had no luck reasoning with Billy, I contacted him and again I received the same treatment by Billy and I ended the conversation by saying we would cancel the bbq, we simply wanted a weekend that was 'relaxing and drama free.' I reminded Billy that we are all professionals in our 40's, 50's & 60's and we would respect his property as we would our own homes. When we checked in, we were given a list of rules and told we needed to provide a security deposit which was not previously disclosed to us. We gladly provided a deposit as requested. We were also informed that the washer & dryer was broken as well as the hot tub was broken too and not available for our use We did not complain and we enjoyed our first evening there and called it a early night. The next day early in the morning Billy promptly informed me that: 1. Only one lock on the exterior gate was locked the previous night, 2. That the exterior bathroom door was not fully secured, and 3. That someone left a glass bowl in the cabana area. I responded by telling him I would gladly let the other guests know. At the same time I asked for an additional trashbag which he said he would supply. Not long thereafter, he came marching across the pool area in an aggressive manner and advised me that he would not give me a new trash bag as someone 'failed to recyle the trash' that was in the dumpster. We had one bag of trash. Not wanting to incite an argument, I simply said 'ok', he then advised me that someone had thrown out the rolls that were in the freezer in the house as well, in the house we were renting ... he knew because he found them in the trash when he went through it. I apologized for that and told him we thought they were leftover from a previous guest and we did not want food that we did not know the source of mixed in with our food. He turned around and marched away with no response. HE ACTUALLY OPENED OUR TRASH BAG AND SORTED THROUGH IT!!! Within thirty minutes he came back and advised us he wanted us to leave and that we were 'not a good match' for his property. We were all in shock and did not want to deal with his irratic and aggressive behavior the whole weekend so we gladly accepted a refund for the balance of our stay and found other accommodations. I have stayed in over 100 guesthouses and have ALWAYS found them to be wonderful experiences until this stay. His behavior was 'up and down' and went from 'calm to agressive'. His actions were out of line especially when everyone in our group was compliant to him and non-agressive with him. When we realized that he had sorted through our trash we knew it was time to leave! Bungalow Six is a nice property, but the owner's erratic behavior is concerning! We found other accomodations and was able to salvage our weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
BungalowSix, Owner at Bungalow Six Guest House, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Six years in business and not one bad review...Guess it was bound to happen...Clearly this guest and his friends were not the right fit for Bungalow Six Guest House .We are an eco-friendly property and wildlife habitat and there are some rules that need to be put in place in order to help stay that way. We recycle! We immediately refunded their full payment. I am glad they were able to salvage their weekend.
NYC/NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

this is my second stay at Bungalow Six... this time i stayed in the lovely, quiet, cozy, comfortable, hidden single bedroom bungalow... i felt totally at home, utterly relaxed, perfectly content... franco and billy are the ultimate hosts, making sure i had everything i needed, suggesting fantastic places to visit and eat... they even helped me host a small party for friends i know in florida, and now my friends adore them too... it's a perfect oasis from the real world, an extraordinary find, and i'll be perfectly happy to visit them year after year after year... thank you, franco and billy, for letting me have a wonderful week with you... i can't wait for the next time!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Bungalow Six was perfect. Billy is a wonderful host. He provided me with local information and tips that made my stay relaxing and enjoyable. The backyard is a private and inviting oasis. A very, very, good value for my money. I will stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bungalow Six Guest House? Share your experiences!