“Great Atmosphere and food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: See & be seen on our totally tropical patio! Relax & let our fabulous staff serve you a freshly made mojito or chow down on one of our award-winning burgers.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a required stop on our vacations to Fort Lauderdale. The food is excellent and very filling. The staff are courteous and friendly. It can get crowded fairly early on and parking is difficult. Will worth a visit inland from the beach.

Visited June 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“My new favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just moved to the area and wanted to try this place which I had heard about. I went for lunch alone last week, and even though it was really hot weather, the outdoor patio was nice and cool. Love the colorful tropical patio. I had the Greek salad and although tasty, it really was not 'Greek' - too much lettuce .. And cherry tomatoes.. A Greek salad needs huge chunky tomato wedges and lots of cucumber chunks.. Skip the chicken (have it as an option). Nonetheless it was NOT a bad meal, just my personal opinion. That did not stop me from returning on Sunday for a FAB breakfast and bringing 3 friends, all of whom loved it. Huge portions, very tasty, great service and reasonable prices. Will be back.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a regular eatery anytime we travel to Fort Lauderdale. The burgers are really good. The service is generally good, but can be hit or miss at times. The prices are very reasonable. It can be very loud and more like a bar at times. I would mostly recommend this as a fun place to hang with friends.

“Poor service....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I decided to go with a friend to dinner this evening. I have dined here on numerous occasions, however tonight, might be my last time. We arrived at approx. 8pm and were promptly seated inside. Jason was our waiter. He was kind and hospitable. He took our order, in a cordial and professional manner. We both ordered my personal favorite, the Southern Lovin' Salad, and as I always do, I ordered a side of Onion Rings. The Onion Rings were brought to us by Tara, another waitress. It was a very small serving. The smallest order I had ever received. The rings were not much larger than a silver dollar. When she brought them to us, I asked her why the order was so small. Tara replied by asking me if I wanted to order another portion. I told her that I didn't, and we proceeded to eat them. About 3 mins later, Daniel, another waiter, came with a plate, with a "single" Onion Ring on it, and left it at our table. I don't understand why Daniel, would be so blatant in trying to make us feel as though our comment/complaint was so irrelevant/unnecessary. We immediately got up, and left the restaurant. We eventually dined at J. Mark's, where the service was significantly better. Nonetheless, our experience at Rosie's did hamper our evening to the extent, that we decided to return and express our dissatisfaction to Mark the Manager. He was apologetic and offered us a complimentary lunch, which we refused. Mark did what he believed to be the most appropriate action. Being in the hospitality industry, in a managerial capacity for over 17 years, I would have preferred that he had dismissed Tara and Daniel, for at least the evening. Should I ever decide to return to Rosie's, I will refuse to give them my patronage, if Tara and Daniel are working there. I am 49 years od age, and my friend will be turning 60. I truly feel as though I can genuinely state that we have endured a substantial amount of experiences, this one however, left us speechless.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Good food, good value, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Rosie's Bar and Grill on Wilton Drive is a great place to spend an evening. From the moment you arrive, the atmosphere is lively, colourful and, well gay.... But don't be put off if that is not 'your thing'. The welcome is friendly and unaffected regardless, and the entertainment starts with the hilarious and creatively written menu which is available online. Every taste is catered for, including the calorie conscious.

Service is speedy, efficient and friendly, and the food is good. It was the first time we were not overwhelmed by oversized starters that seem to have become the norm in many restaurants. The onion soup was excellent, as were the Coco-Loco Shrimp in portion sizes that were enjoyable and did not detract from the entrees that followed.

Although Rosie's is best known for its excellent burgers, we had the Zesty Zorba and the 'Guilt Free' Monte Anti Cristo, both of which were tasty and most enjoyable.

The caramel cheesecake and key lime pie followed by coffee rounded off a thoroughly enjoyable evening. With cocktails to start and a glass of wine with the meal, the bill was under $100 for 2 which was good value and comparable, if not better value than many other local restaurants we have enjoyed during this vacation trip.

Good food, good value, relaxed and fun atmosphere, excellent service. What else do you want?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere