“Treated like family !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calypso Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilton Manors
Calypso Inn
You added Calypso Inn to your Saves list
2520 NE 6th Avenue, Wilton Manors, FL 33305 (Formerly Aragon Guesthouse)   |
San Francisco, California
“Treated like family !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My partner and I were in need of a one night stay on a busy weekend pre-atlantis cruise. In addition, We were flying to the east coast on a red-eye and needed a very early check-in. Tim and Wes not only accommodated our needs but treated us like family!! Not only was our room ready upon a very early AM arrival, they texted us in advance that that was the case while we were still at the airport! Our room was very charming and reminded us of an adorable Key West bungalow. Tim & West provide an intimate continental breakfast and were eager to give restaurant and bar/club recommendations. The property is well attended to as well as guests requests / needs. We will definitely be staying here whenever we are in the area. Guest house is STEPS from all things GAY with VERY fair pricing. All around, you can't get better than this when wanting to be around "family" and treated as such by both owners......Thanx sooo much guys and look forward to seeing you again soon.

JOHN and DEREK

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Calypso Inn was truly an incredible place to stay. I was only there for one night, but I cannot comment highly enough on the care and pride that the owners and their colleagues take in the resort. Wes and Tim, the owners, are so kind (Wes even drove me to Miami the next morning to save me on a cab fare!) and Kenny, the caretaker, was right on hand for anything I needed, including recommendations on where to eat, drink, and visit. They have all known each other since high school, and it lends such a wonderful "family" feeling to the resort. We all even went out dancing at happy hour. It was like staying with friends - and if you're not the outgoing type and totally want to shut off, don't let this scare you, because they know how to give you plenty of privacy as well.

My room was great - I had a Queen room, and the shower was INCREDIBLE. It was HUGE - the bathroom itself was bigger than my entire bedroom at home (granted I live in NYC so bedrooms are small). The room was clean and quiet and comfortable with plenty of storage and amenities.

The property is fantastic - the pool is so warm and lovely, with pool toys, and the atmosphere is laid back. There are even birds that you can feed on the property - and Wes and Tim are building an aviary for them!

I would go back in an instant. I haven't really stayed at a guest house like this before, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Cozy, comfortable and tranquil. Room was completely new, pool and deck very nice with fire pit. (was a cool night) Staff was extremely accommodating to my schedule. Best location in Wilton Manors hands down. Can walk safely to the incredible nightlife and restaurants in literally 3 minutes. One more thing... I left my watch by accident. They were so kind to send back to me. This is admirable and says a lot about the staff and owners. A+!!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

What a charming little place! The staff is very friendly and so were the guests. The room was so comfortable. The location was close to shopping, bars and restaurants. Most of all it was close to my son's house. Wes and Tim were so accommodating and Ken too. If my son is still in the area next year, I will definitely book my reservations here! A+++

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just returned to the North East of the USA and can't even begin to say what a great experience I had at the Calypso Inn. The room was super comfortable, my bed was great! I slept like a baby! I loved the pool.... it was nicely heated, perfectly appointed with palm trees and there was plenty of space to sit outside and have a libation whilest chatting with the other guests. Breakfast was perfect, especially after all the happy hours in town... 2-4-1 Florida... can get ahead of you! Tim and Wes gave me some great recommendations for food/places to eat. They are very accommodating and super helpful! The location is perfect... I was able to take advantage of all the drink specials in Wilton Manors and not worry about an astronomical cab fare! Honestly, a great place to stay, and I only see it getting better in the near future!

Room Tip: all rooms are great! quiet and close to everything!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This Inn is conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and bars, yet when sitting in the courtyard enjoying breakfast it felt like I was a world away. Ah, tranquility only a block from Wilton Drive. Love it. My room was comfortable with plenty of room and a microwave and minifridge, making it easy to bring in and store food and drinks. The friendly service was A+ and the continental breakfast plenty. Calypso is reasonably priced and a convenient place to stay in or out of season.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Charmante guest house dans le centre de Wilton Manors. Chambre confortable et très agréable, au calme.Proche de la vie nocturne accessible en 3 minutes à pied!
Il y a tout ce qu'il faut pour se sentir chez soi. Les propriétaires sont adorables et amicaux. Je recommande cet endroit au prix très raisonnable.

Lovely guest house right in the middle of everything! So convenient, you can walk to the best venues in town. Big and nice rooms with everything you need in it to feel home miles away from yours. Nice furnitures and amazing bed! The two friendly owners really care about your stay and security.
I recommend and already forgot Sobe! Nice rates.
Merci Messieurs ;-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Calypso Inn? Share your experiences!