“Older Motel=Not Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Wildwood

You added Motel 6 Wildwood to your Saves list
Motel 6 Wildwood
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   273 East State Route 44, Wildwood, FL 34785 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wildwood
Portland, Tennessee
“Older Motel=Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

I used a coupon that I found at a Rest Area, and I found this motel to be acceptable for the price. The staff was friendly, and the room was relatively clean.

• Liked — Close to Interstate, Good Price
  • Disliked — It is older, and could use a little modernizing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lake Panasoffkee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

While its obvious that this is an older hotel you can tell that the owners are trying very hard to bring it up to date. Many of the rooms have been remodeled and have newer furnishings. The pool is great! And the staff is very freindly and accomodating. We did have to change rooms once, but we were upgraded to a newer room and we were very comfortable for the remainder of our stay.

• Liked — Freindly staff
  • Disliked — the truck stop next door
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2007

A centrally Located hotel neat the Travel Center of America, near the Highways..This hotel was very convient for me, staff was upbeat and friendly , I would highly recommend this Hotel to all who wanna travel. Nice Rates, clean rooms and sheets, you will not be disappointed

Stayed March 2007
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We were supposed to stay the night in Gaineville, but there was some baseball tournement going on and every hotel/motel was booked solid. We found one Best Western that had one room left for $190 a night! Looking back now, we should have stayed there! We stopped in Wildwood because we were so exhausted and the kids needed to sleep. I asked the woman at the front desk how the rooms were and she said they were clean. The room "appeared" clean, but our socks were so dirty from the floor it was obvious that the rooms were't clean. But, like I said, the kids were too tired. The room had a nasty smell. Also, I took a shower in the morning and the water backed up in the tub past my ankles! My husband had to wait 15 minutes for the water to go down before he took his shower. All this for over $90/night! We should have spent the night in the van and probably would have if we didn't have the kids with us. This dunp is NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed February 2006
Baton Rouge, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2006

While traveling to Miami, my family needed a place to stop for the night. The Florida travel guide we picked up at a rest stop stated this hotel as "newly refurbished." What a lie! Between all of us, we had 3 rooms and every single one smelled dirty and like mildew. The sheets where worn through in spots and stained. The paint in the rooms was old and dirty...it looked like some kids took crayons to it in some spots. The furniture was old, falling apart, and mismatched. The pillows were flat and smelled. Good thing I had my own pillow with me! The faucets in the bathtubs leaked and the tubs themselves had rust stains. I would not recommend to anyone. For $55 a night, I don't expect the Hilton, but I do expect a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed May 2006
guelph, ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

We foolishly drove down to Florida and forgot it was the weekend of the Daytona 500 . . . it was 10pm at night and we had just driven about 1200 kilometres through a snow storm, traffic and construction along the I-75.

Suffice to say, all the hotel rooms between Miami and Atlanta were booked solid, yet somehow this one got missed and for good reason. We had a choice between the wildwood and something else, we chose the wildwood because it had an IHOP infront of it (somehow that ment it had some credibility?) In any event this place is an old holiday inn or ho-jo or something like that, the pool looked clean and well maintained, but our room had quite a bit of water damage throughout and we both skipped the shower in the morning. The kicker . . . since it was a special event weekend they charged $96 per night (i think the typical price was $36)

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Motel 6 Wildwood? Share your experiences!