“Southern Genteelity” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Southern Genteelity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This non-descript local restaurant serves the most delicious, nade from scratch, Southern cooking. They have it all, from corn bread and jezebel with crackers to your country fried steak, my favorite. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny and then some. They have some unusual down home dishes and flavored teas. They are well known for their desserts, of which they have an extensive array. I highly recommend this rtegional favorite.

Visited October 2013

Florida
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went to the Cotillion a couple of weeks back with friends. I called to make reservations for 5:00 p.m. and was told that time was not good, we could come at 5:45 or 6:00 (I think). As our friends like to eat early I made reservations for 4:30 (or maybe it was 4:45). When we got to the restaurant the place was empty!! We asked the waiter about it and were told they just can't take reservations for 5:00 but you can walk in and they will seat you, if there is space. I ordered the Shore 'Nuff Seafood Platter end enjoyed it very much. The only disappointment is the menu said it's served on a fresh fried green tomato but my plate did not have one. The grits are out of this world. Try them if your dish does not come with them. The desserts were great too. We ordered 2 pieces of cake, one Red Velvet and the other a Chocolate Peanut-butter cake but I forget the name of it. My friend told me the place is usually crowded for lunch but I'm willing to give it a try. Their version of a BLT sounds very interesting to me!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Foodbug5, Owner at Cotillion Southern Cafe, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so very much for your review. All feedback is very important to us as it helps us to identify areas that need improvement and how we can improve in areas we excel in. We are sorry to hear the fried green tomato was not included on your seafood platter. Please accept our apologies. We have made our staff aware of this and will correct it. As part of the presentation,the chef has the green tomato placed under the crab cake on all dishes that include the crab cake. That you again and we will be in touch.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Make a point to come here. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Not far off 75. Downtown Wildwood. Super nice folks and unreal down home comfort food. Great collards. All of the food looks awesome.

tampa
“One of the very best meals shore enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Delicious food, nice atmosphere, wonderful staff, amazing food, unique menu, one of a kind experience, a must see, must do, Did I say the Food was awesome?

We heard of first timers eating here, reserved a table for the next evening! And you will need a reservation.............. Authentic Southern cooking that will WOW you. Amazing Georgia Ice Cream! Tastes like custard! Yum!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Villages, Florida
“Always Good Eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I order something different every time we go to this cafe. The Chicken & Waffles are the best. Ask for both sauces since they are equally good. The Train Wreck is another one of my favorites dishes. The Dixie Fried Salad is another good choice. And for goodness sakes do not pass up a slice of cake. If you can't eat another bite, take a slice home for later. They have many different kinds of wonderful cakes making it hard to choose. This is not a fast food restaurant so don't expect your food out in short order. It's worth the wait. Miss Kathi did a fantastic job of decorating. It matches the southern style of food perfectly. I am so glad she added nice chairs to sit in. Old timey chairs are not that comfortable.

• Visited September 2013