“Great BUT...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bonaventure Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Bonaventure Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great BUT...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. I had read other reviews and was somewhat worried by what i had read. I do try to keep an open mind although i make sure i read all reviews before booking a hotel. I found all the staff i had contact with great. All were helpful and efficient. Unlike other reviewers i did not find anyone who was discourteous. The location of the hotel is great and it has exceptional facilities. The spa is amazing and i would definitely go back. The rooms were of a good standard - it is time for refurbishing however, despite being slightly 'tired' the rooms were clean. Our only complaint was that the rooms had a damp, fusty smell i usually associate with mold. Although the AC worked well, it smelled like either the air had been off OR there was some underlaying issues. Another room we went into had the same smell. As a result, all of the clothes i had taken away with me had a horrible damp smell and had to be washed when i got home (even the ones i hadnt worn). Its a shame because this is the one reason why i would not return to the property. We only live an hour away and take numerous 'mini-breaks' throughout the year. Other than this complaint we did have a nice time.

• Stayed June 2013
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and exceptional facilities - particularly our Alaya Spa! Be sure to check out our up-coming Yoga Retreat the weekend of June 21.

We are also checking into the musty smell in your particular room and will take immediate steps to correct this situation - thanks for bringing it to our attention. We hope you will come back again soon so you may see the positive change that has taken place as a result of your comments.

700 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Mountain Grove, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This place got not so great reviews, but I have stayed here twice in the past 14 months. I didnt like the seperate buildings when I first arrived, but after going to the rooms I LOVED THIS PLACE. The rooms are super nice with huge bathroom and nice kitchenette. We got two rooms both times that connected. This is a very nice place to stay and any time I am in this area of florida this is where I will stay. The grounds are beautiful and the pool is the best and it is so pretty.

Room Tip: I would suggest building 3 or 4 since they are closest to the pool and I think that they are some of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our property - we were thrilled to her that you loved the size of our rooms and the kitchen area. Our guests also enjoy our pool area - we now have Saturday night family dive-in movies at 8 pm through Labor Day at our main pool and provide floats and snacks for the kids (and mom & dad, too)- so we hope you will come back again soon - bring the family!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Worst hotel ever. It looks like multiple small apartment buildings. Lots of zigzag turns to get to the room. Upon entering the room, the stuffy smell gets to you. The beds looks extremely small and feel uncomfortable. Two dead roaches were found in room. We got there too late and were too tired to leave that night. Had reserved for two nights but of course, left the next morning and spent night at a classy hotel. There is absolutely nothing to do besides the pool. Nothing for kids. Very Boring hotel. Very displeased customer. Don't waste your money. It is not worth the experience.

• Stayed June 2013
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We are very sorry for your disappointment with our guest rooms; we have already passed on your comments regarding the musty smell and insects to our Housekeeping Department so they can address these concerns immediately.

We do want you to know that we offer family dive-in movie night every Saturday through Labor Day - an event that our guests have come to enjoy. We do hope you will give us another chance - if you need to speak to our hotel manager, please contact our Executive Office directly.
Miramar, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been coming to this resort for the last 6 years and this last time I was there I was not happy at all. The customer service I received was atrocious. I've never felt so belittled by the front desk staff before. They are usually very friendly every other time I've been there. The manager of the front desk, Josh was completely rude and was not very customer service friendly. After the service I received I will not be coming back and will be finding a new hotel with more friendly managers. Also it seemed on Saturday everyone was the manager as when I went first it was Josh then when I came back later it was a new manager I believe by the name Rafael who made it seem like I was crazy and never spoke to the other manager just 2 hours before. He was ready to go back on what the last manager just told me and I had to demand that the other one come out so I would not have anymore problems. They both had a superiority complex. So disappointed by my stay and it really put a damper on my best friends birthday after I referred this hotel to her.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We were very disappointed to hear about your negative experience with our front desk managers. We do not want to lose you as a customer and would ask that you contact our Hotel Manager, Mike Lauria, at 954-349-5648 so that he may discuss the specific issues you encountered. We are confident of our ability to provide the kind of service and hospitality that you have every right to expect from us.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We called this hotel to get a last minute deal for Memorial day to take the kids somewhere and they gave us a great Florida resident rate. Upon arriving, we noticed that other reviews citing updating were correct. The rooms are updated and are nice but they smell a little musty, typical for an older property in Florida and nothing that you couldnt get used to in 5 minutes. If you are very picky, this hotel may not be for you but we were fine with it. There are not many things for small children to do except for the pool area so if your kids don't like the pool, this hotel is not for you. The tiki bar by the pool is nice and Jay, the bartender, makes awesome margaritas. The poolside food is very fresh, although a bit limited. We may stay here again if we get a decent rate.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at our resort. We also appreciate your feedback on more activities for kids - please know that last weekend, we kicked off our Saturday night Dive-In Movie at our main pool - food, snacks and beverages (for not only kids, but mom and dad, too!). This event takes place every Saturday from now through Labor Day. We will also be adding more kid-friendly activities throughout the summer. We hope you will come a visit with us again soon to enjoy these offerings!
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My 3 friends and I chose this hotel as a weekend getaway, a trip we take once a year. Upon arrival we thought we were in the wrong place. We had to confirm with the valet that this was indeed the resort and spa we were looking forward to. We were disappointed by the exterior but headed inside thinking it must be okay. We drove up to our room and felt like we were walking into a very run down apt and when we opened the door it smelled so bad, like a basement that recently flooded. My friend literally had tears in her eyes. We went back to the main desk and asked for a different room. We were told that all the rooms have that smell because they haven't been renovated but we could try another room. Well, the next room was worse. We could not stay here. The rooms were disgusting. We immediately made lots of calls and found a real resort and spa that met our standards. The only positive is that the staff was very nice and accommodating when we told them we can't stay. They must be used to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent arrival at our property. We were extremely concerned to receive your comments regarding your displeasure with our guest rooms, as it is so contrary to the usual positive reviews from our guests. We are very diisappointed that we failed to live up to your standards in this instance. We would very much like you return to our resort, as our guest, to demonstrate the extraordinary resort that we are known for and would ask that you contact our Executive Office directly at 954-349-5700, so that our General Manager may discuss the issues you raised and arrange your future accommodations.
USVI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The Bonaventure is better than ever. Even though they are not a Hyatt anymore, they were smart enough to keep the same caring staff.

Ask to speak with Kesha Brooks-Armour. She has made our stay wonderful. From the very first greeting to the daily waves and concern for our comfort, Kesha is tops! She has been especially helpful in setting up our free transportation to the Cleveland Clinic. Franklin and Joe are so accommodating as well. They are so dependable and easy to talk with. Going to Cleveland Clinic in a shiny SUV Caddy really makes you feel good.

Before I end, I must give accolades to the restaurants and their staff too. The food and service is delicious. I look forward to tomorrow's gourmet brunch.

• Stayed May 2013
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our property! We were delighted that you found our service and staff (especially Kesha, Joe and Frankin) to be friendly and accomodating to all of your needs. And, our n ew Escalade is a great addition to the property and our guests are loving it during the shuttles to and from the Sawagrass Mills.

Please come back and visit us again and again!

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!