“Most awful place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bonaventure Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Bonaventure Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa)   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Most awful place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My 3 friends and I chose this hotel as a weekend getaway, a trip we take once a year. Upon arrival we thought we were in the wrong place. We had to confirm with the valet that this was indeed the resort and spa we were looking forward to. We were disappointed by the exterior but headed inside thinking it must be okay. We drove up to our room and felt like we were walking into a very run down apt and when we opened the door it smelled so bad, like a basement that recently flooded. My friend literally had tears in her eyes. We went back to the main desk and asked for a different room. We were told that all the rooms have that smell because they haven't been renovated but we could try another room. Well, the next room was worse. We could not stay here. The rooms were disgusting. We immediately made lots of calls and found a real resort and spa that met our standards. The only positive is that the staff was very nice and accommodating when we told them we can't stay. They must be used to it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent arrival at our property. We were extremely concerned to receive your comments regarding your displeasure with our guest rooms, as it is so contrary to the usual positive reviews from our guests. We are very diisappointed that we failed to live up to your standards in this instance. We would very much like you return to our resort, as our guest, to demonstrate the extraordinary resort that we are known for and would ask that you contact our Executive Office directly at 954-349-5700, so that our General Manager may discuss the issues you raised and arrange your future accommodations.

698 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
USVI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The Bonaventure is better than ever. Even though they are not a Hyatt anymore, they were smart enough to keep the same caring staff.

Ask to speak with Kesha Brooks-Armour. She has made our stay wonderful. From the very first greeting to the daily waves and concern for our comfort, Kesha is tops! She has been especially helpful in setting up our free transportation to the Cleveland Clinic. Franklin and Joe are so accommodating as well. They are so dependable and easy to talk with. Going to Cleveland Clinic in a shiny SUV Caddy really makes you feel good.

Before I end, I must give accolades to the restaurants and their staff too. The food and service is delicious. I look forward to tomorrow's gourmet brunch.

• Stayed May 2013
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our property! We were delighted that you found our service and staff (especially Kesha, Joe and Frankin) to be friendly and accomodating to all of your needs. And, our n ew Escalade is a great addition to the property and our guests are loving it during the shuttles to and from the Sawagrass Mills.

Please come back and visit us again and again!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was a good deal for the price and I enjoyed the brief stay.

It was a grand location back during its heyday!! I was not impressed with the room and the closed-up stuffy smell. I arrived very late and was too tired to deal with room change and all that would have been needed to move to another building or room.

The property location is great and would be a good place to stay with some much needed upgrades to restore the luster for this grand facility.

I generally prefer hallways and do not like to enter my room from outside. Understanding that this is resort, it was an exception to the norm and reminded me of some previous resorts with individual entrances.

The staff was courteous and friendly with limited availabilty during the peak check out period. The location seems like it is struggling to survive and seems a uplift to keep pace with other options.

Room Tip: Arrive early and take time to review options including locations and room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. We were pleased to hear that our staff provided courteous and friendly service. You will be pleased to know that a renovation is planned for the property this coming year and we hope you will visit us again so that you may see first-hand, the positive changes that will have taken place.

Thank you for supporting the Bonaventure for so many years!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Bonaventure Resort and Spa this weekend, I must say I was very impressed! The hotel is beautiful! Our room was very clean, spacious, and included a small kitchenette complete with a fridge and microwave.The best part of the room was that we were on the first floor of building 4 which is right in front of the beautiful pool and waterfall. All we had to do was walk out of the patio! The boys loved it. The only downside to the pool area were inconsiderate people who leave their food and the birds take over, however, it was rather interesting to see them dip nacho chips in the pool to make them soft enough to eat.

The grounds were nice at this place. The first night, my sweetie and I took a walk around and saw the most beautiful swan and plenty of koi fish in the natural pond. I loved that. We checked out the spa and was very impressed with the 24 hour gym even though we did not get a chance to use it. I also wanted to treat myself to a pedicure, but I felt the $55 was a little to steep at this time. Next time I will be better prepared. We had some wings and quesadillas in the bar area that were delicious. I cannot complain one bit.

I loved this place so much that it is on the top of my list for our wedding next year. If we have it in FL...this will definitely be a place I would consider.

We got this room via Priceline so we paid ahead...we really wished we had paid for one more night. It was well worth the money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our resort. We were thrilled to learn that you found our rooms and facilities to your liking and we are excited about the opportunity to provide the perfect location for your up-coming wedding! Rest assured, we will make it a most memorable experience. Be sure to contact our Catering Department when you decide on a date!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hosting your 2014 wedding!
Gloucester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I purchased my stay through living social so I was excited about staying here, it came with a food and spa credit. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The room at first glance was nice and had a beautiful view. I soon learned the walls are very then and this is a very noisy resort. The guest on the floor above us were very early risers so we were forced to awaken to the very loud sliding glass door opening and closing and the smell of cigarette smoke filled our room. The bath room is very large and very nicely done but the water pressure is terrible. Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired, the floor was never vacuumed, the tissue holder was empty and never refilled. The bed was made and towels replaced at best. The bed is terrible, it is hard and you can feel and hear the springs everytime you move. The best experience here was the spa! It was a wonderful experience and a must try for anyone thate comes to this area. All of the staff that I had any dealing with were very professional and polite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grounds and that you had a wonderful experience our Alaya Spa. We do apologize, however, for the lack of attention with the cleanliness in your guest room. We appreciate your feedback and will follow up with our Housekeeping Department to ensure immediate steps are taken to improve our performance in this particular area.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
richmond hill ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a top notch resort we required a wheelchair accessible room which they were able to accommodate. The grounds are beautiful the pool and hot are fantastic we would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2013
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We were thrilled to receiving such a glowing review of our resort and are pleased that you will recommend our property to others. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Never again. The manager was really nice and tried to be accommodating, but there are so many issues with this hotel.

The room was really old and had a smell. There's no room service menu. I got the groupon, which comes with a spa and food credit, so I was looking forward to holing up in my room with a movie and room service. I called the front desk and was promised a menu three times before I was told I should just come up front to get a menu from the restaurant and get take out. There was also no way to order a movie. Or know what channels were what. You know how when you check in, there's typically a welcome package with a menu, the channels,...? There was nothing. There were maybe 15 channels on TV and the TV itself was old and slow.

The spa, on the other hand, was so good. It's large and the massage was great.

In total, the staff seem unorganized, and although they're all super friendly, the hotel is old and I overpaid. Never again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We are terribly sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered in trying to request a Room Service menu and lack information about our TV channels. We are following up with our Front Desk and F&B departments so that this type of information is readily available to our guests upon arrival. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

We do hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future when you are in the Ft. Lauderdale area
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Family-friendly...
Pool, Free Brea...
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Weston
Restaurant, Mid...
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!