“A Beautiful and Relaxing Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bonaventure Resort & Spa

You added Bonaventure Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lakeland, Florida
“A Beautiful and Relaxing Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Bonaventure Resort and Spa this weekend, I must say I was very impressed! The hotel is beautiful! Our room was very clean, spacious, and included a small kitchenette complete with a fridge and microwave.The best part of the room was that we were on the first floor of building 4 which is right in front of the beautiful pool and waterfall. All we had to do was walk out of the patio! The boys loved it. The only downside to the pool area were inconsiderate people who leave their food and the birds take over, however, it was rather interesting to see them dip nacho chips in the pool to make them soft enough to eat.

The grounds were nice at this place. The first night, my sweetie and I took a walk around and saw the most beautiful swan and plenty of koi fish in the natural pond. I loved that. We checked out the spa and was very impressed with the 24 hour gym even though we did not get a chance to use it. I also wanted to treat myself to a pedicure, but I felt the $55 was a little to steep at this time. Next time I will be better prepared. We had some wings and quesadillas in the bar area that were delicious. I cannot complain one bit.

I loved this place so much that it is on the top of my list for our wedding next year. If we have it in FL...this will definitely be a place I would consider.

We got this room via Priceline so we paid ahead...we really wished we had paid for one more night. It was well worth the money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of our resort. We were thrilled to learn that you found our rooms and facilities to your liking and we are excited about the opportunity to provide the perfect location for your up-coming wedding! Rest assured, we will make it a most memorable experience. Be sure to contact our Catering Department when you decide on a date!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hosting your 2014 wedding!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Gloucester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I purchased my stay through living social so I was excited about staying here, it came with a food and spa credit. The grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The room at first glance was nice and had a beautiful view. I soon learned the walls are very then and this is a very noisy resort. The guest on the floor above us were very early risers so we were forced to awaken to the very loud sliding glass door opening and closing and the smell of cigarette smoke filled our room. The bath room is very large and very nicely done but the water pressure is terrible. Housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired, the floor was never vacuumed, the tissue holder was empty and never refilled. The bed was made and towels replaced at best. The bed is terrible, it is hard and you can feel and hear the springs everytime you move. The best experience here was the spa! It was a wonderful experience and a must try for anyone thate comes to this area. All of the staff that I had any dealing with were very professional and polite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grounds and that you had a wonderful experience our Alaya Spa. We do apologize, however, for the lack of attention with the cleanliness in your guest room. We appreciate your feedback and will follow up with our Housekeeping Department to ensure immediate steps are taken to improve our performance in this particular area.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
richmond hill ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a top notch resort we required a wheelchair accessible room which they were able to accommodate. The grounds are beautiful the pool and hot are fantastic we would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed February 2013
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We were thrilled to receiving such a glowing review of our resort and are pleased that you will recommend our property to others. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Never again. The manager was really nice and tried to be accommodating, but there are so many issues with this hotel.

The room was really old and had a smell. There's no room service menu. I got the groupon, which comes with a spa and food credit, so I was looking forward to holing up in my room with a movie and room service. I called the front desk and was promised a menu three times before I was told I should just come up front to get a menu from the restaurant and get take out. There was also no way to order a movie. Or know what channels were what. You know how when you check in, there's typically a welcome package with a menu, the channels,...? There was nothing. There were maybe 15 channels on TV and the TV itself was old and slow.

The spa, on the other hand, was so good. It's large and the massage was great.

In total, the staff seem unorganized, and although they're all super friendly, the hotel is old and I overpaid. Never again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We are terribly sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered in trying to request a Room Service menu and lack information about our TV channels. We are following up with our Front Desk and F&B departments so that this type of information is readily available to our guests upon arrival. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

We do hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future when you are in the Ft. Lauderdale area
North of England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked this thro Priceline as a 5* htl but did not rate this as such, Rooms had a musty smell and car parking was at a Premium and Chargable.
Check in was efficient and although I emailed ahead requesting a low floor or one with Golf Views the requests were not forthcoming, the Room apart from the musty smell were comfortable, a little dull but clean with comfortable bed and extra pillows, Bathroom was large and Clean with reasonable Towels and Shampoo etc, Large Screen Flat TV with good choice of Channels, Coffee machine and Coffee were provided and requests for extra supplies were promptly dealt with, lifts available to all floors with free ice machines on floors 1&3. tried to use the Cabana bar & Cafe at 7-45pm and was informed we are closed use indoors, went to the Banyan Restaurant and had a good meal with good portions but slow service, but prices were reasonable. Check out was quick and efficient with no problems, would I use this htl again? probably not as we booked for a 5* and we only rate this a 4* and it is a bit out of the way.

Room Tip: Rooms/Suites facing the Golf Course look good, but we were informed that our Booking with Priceline...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review of our resort. We are quite pleased to hear that you found our guest rooms to be fully supplied and the sesrvice and food in Banyan Restaurant was to your liking. We appreciate your feedback about the musty odor in your room and our Engineering Department is following up to find out the cause and correct it immediately.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel this weekend with my significant other and I was beyond amazed with how friendly and accomodating the staff was from the moment we set foot in the door! Rafeal at the front desk was very professional and kind. He made sure that we were being very well taken care of and suggested really great activities to do at the hotel. Our hotel room was spacious and absolutely spotless and that is so important when choosing a "home away from home". Housekeeping was very respectful and accomodating. We had a DELICIOUS meals at Bar Zen and was very entertained by the live band as well as Trevor. He picked out our dinner meals and I was satisified with how EVERYTHING was cooked! Breakfast was even more amazing with the different selections of things to choose from and Giny was such a gentleman as my waiter!

We were sooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased with this hotel and will DEFINITELY be returning. Since I've been back I've already been spreading the word on how great everything was!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We are thrilled to receive such a glowing review of our property after your recent stay at our resort. It means a lot to us to know that our staff provided friendly and acommodating service. We will be passing on your commendations to Rafael, Trevor, and Biny for an exceptional job. Please come back to visit us again soon and thank you for spreading the good word about the Bonaventure Resort & Spa!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The room overlooked the golf course and was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable! Unfortunately, when I turned off the TV in my room and settled into bed, a red flashing light from something attached to the back of the big screen TV gave me the impression I was being recorded in my sleep. I still do not know what was happening with that light, but a large towel over the TV assuaged my concern!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sue P, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about how much you enjoyed your recent stay at our resort - we are glad you found our rooms and beds so comfortable!

We would like you to know that the flashing light rom the TV is from the cable box - we are sorry if this was an inconvenience to you and we are checking the box to ensure it is in the proper alignment with the TV. We appreciate this valuable feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!