“Annette, Ireland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bonaventure Resort & Spa

You added Bonaventure Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa)   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dublin, Ireland
“Annette, Ireland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I required an ADA compliant room and this was provided immediately (unlike other ADA hotel rooms the ADA rooms at Bonaventura only contain one double bed and readers may need to consider this) The hotel areas and pathways are all accessible. We checked in at 10am and rooms were avaialble immediately.

All staff were most helpful and very friendly. Service was excellent from all staff I encountered during my 2 night stay. I do not like to single people out but on this occasion Sari, Trevor and Omar deserve mention.

Room Tip: Room 410-4 was ADA compliant and room 409-4 is the adjoining room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review. We hope that the next time you're in the USA you'll come stay with us once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our 5-night stay in January 2013 was good, mainly because we were looking to find a nice pool and lots of sun - so Bonaventure definitely delivered in that respect. The main pool area is great; there's a waterfall, bar, lots of shade if you need it and plenty of chairs available for everyone.

Our room was so-so. It was spacious and offered a kitchen with mini-fridge, stove top and microwave - but the bathroom needed updates. Each time we showered, water pooled everywhere on the tile floor, which became quite treacherous. We also noticed a mildew odor, which some other reviewers have mentioned. As far as I could tell, the thermostat didn't work at all...so the damp room was somewhat chilly at night.

The grounds are wonderful. A nature path around the property offers glimpses of ducks and cranes, and just outside the resort's reception area, you'll find coy and swans floating in the water. The view from our balcony included the pool and all the noise that comes with it - but nearly all buildings have rooms that face the golf course, which I'm guessing are quieter.

While I was satisfied with my stay, I'm not sure I would have been, had I paid the "normal" rate. I scored an $86 rate on Hotwire, so my expectations weren't very high to begin with.

Hyatt people: this is NO LONGER a Hyatt property; your Gold Passport status is meaningless at this resort.

Room Tip: Building #4 is closest to the main pool and lobby area. The view from our 4th floor balcony included...
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had no idea this spa was right in my community. It was an amazing vacation I had to drive only 15 minutes to. The staff was really welcoming and the services probably the best I have ever had. My sister is getting married (not at the Bonaventure) but I'm planning a brides maid day at the spa Alaya.

Room Tip: went to the spa not the resort
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a true resort-style hotel, with multiple pools, lavish grounds, and great restaurants on site. But, what sets this hotel apart is the service, which is incredible - finding us a room for check-in at 8 in the morning, and allowing a 6 pm checkout for a fee. At check-in, I took a call and needed to take down an address. I said the address out loud meaning to write it down later, and Kesha at the desk actually wrote it down for me.
The main pool is heated, but the one by our room in building 2 was not, and not swimable in January unless you're a polar bear. There's a great poolside bar that has 3 big screens so you can watch the game, or games, while still enjoying the pool and outdoors.
There are elegant touches like a waterfall and pond with a swan, duck and many koy. Also, the Banyan Room restaurant has excellent food that's reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Pick a room in buildings 3, 4 or 5 to be close to the main pool, otherwise, there are some nice room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Isn't it wonderful when it's a great value and an even better stay! Thanks for your wonderful comments. Also, a bit about our Koi, some of those fish are over 20-years old.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Run as far as you can from this resort and room 108-2. Behind your door is another door, there they have ice machine. Any time, day or night people will come get ice and this is loud.I mean VERY LOAD, specially at night. This is somewhere around 10 feet from your bed.You not gonna sleep in this room trust me. I had better hotel is Siberia then this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed posting regarding the issue with teh ice machine. You concerns have been shared with out engineering team and will immediately be addressed.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I attended the annual Face and Body Art International Convention there and shared a double room with three ladies. Our room came with a nice kitchen with a mini fridge, but no dishes or utensils or anything to cook with at all! Weird! Why offer a kitchen with a range if there is nothing to cook with? Are we supposed to bring our pots and pans from home? I was a bit confused about that.
The room was crowded with four people, I recommend only two per room. Nice patio on the ground floor, we had our own gate to the pool area. The pools were lovely! The grounds were beautifully landscaped and tropical. Staff was attentive and polite. The buffet was decent, and the waiter let me take food back to my room, so I felt like I got my money's worth. The seared tuna at the bar restaurant was delicious! Our boxed lunches were tasty and generous. They had a coffee bar in the mornings before classes, very nice. Plenty of space, lovely surroundings for the convention.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you're going to share the room with more than one other person. Keep the snoring...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bonaventure bills itself as a luxurious retreat, but is far from. We booked this trip as a long weekend get-a-way and birthday celebration so Bonaventure’s “elegant and spacious” rooms were looked forward to and their inland (20 miles from the beach) golf course location ensured less chance of children. (I believe Hotwire’s description says “no one under 18,” however the hotel’s site does not make this claim and there were some children.) Also, this is no longer a Hyatt Regency, despite all the Hyatt logos you will find in your room.

The only staff that we interacted with was at the front desk and they were friendly enough, but didn’t really explain the hotel or the grounds only where our room was located. They are missing sales opportunities for their restaurants and spa facility.

Upon entering the room there was a mildew smell that I thought went away, but my traveling companion said otherwise. First thing we noticed was that there were two full beds, rather than the single king we had requested (and that the front desk had even confirmed at check-in). Also in our room was a kitchenette with two barstools, safe, flat screen television with limited channels, a chair, and a small table.

There was also a balcony with a large sliding glass door that looked over a pool and golf course. This would have been great to leave open and air out the room, except that there was no screen door to keep the bugs out. This is Florida, people screen in their entire pool areas here!!!! I found it rather amusing that there was a warning sticker about bugs flying in if the door was left open. It suggested that if one wanted fresh air that they should open the “other door,” which in our case was the front door, also not screened.

About the beds; they were awful. On top of the headboards being dusty they were equipped with old lumpy mattresses. Every time we sat or moved on the bed there was this metallic squeaky noise. In the morning we would find ourselves smashed together in the center of the bed where our sleeping bodies had formed a crater as the dilapidated mattress had failed to offer any support (and no, we are not enormous people).

The bathroom was indeed covered in marble as advertised. Unfortunately the marble wasn’t sealed and there was mold within in it. At least it matched the ceiling of the shower where a thin coat of paint looked to be covering other mold issues. The hot water was slow to come and wasn’t all that hot once it arrived. The shower head said that it had multiple settings which we tried to use to increase the water pressure, however the only two settings seems to be low pressure shower or lower pressure dribble. Also, there were six squashed mosquitos (from a previous visitor) in the shower that housekeeping never addressed as well as a shoeprint (from a previous visitor) on the back of the bathroom door that was never wiped off. There is a Walgreens nearby that you will pass if you are coming from the airport. I tell you this as you will probably want to pick up some soap; Bonaventure’s is apparently made of gold as they will only give you one small face bar and one REALLY small bath bar.

Our room also came with a white noise machine, a.k.a. the air conditioning unit. It was so loud when it kicked on that we ended up leaving it on all night so as not to wake us. There were also loose louvers in the vent that would rattle constantly.

This hotel was a BIG disappointment and didn’t live up to its hype. The staff needs to learn to be proactive in telling visitor’s about what they have to offer. They have a spa in the hotel and it was never mentioned by the staff, a business traveler might miss it all together. Housekeeping needs to clean everywhere, and not just the obvious things that they see moved by the guest. They need to invest in new mattresses. I know a lot of people will read this and ask why we didn’t call the desk and make an issue out of this, but the fact is we shouldn’t have to. Besides, any room that they might have moved us too could have been even worse.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your detail comments regarding your recent stay at the Bonaventure Resort & Spa. We have shared your posting with our staff and will be addressing all of your concerns. However, please know that we are not an age restricted destination and welcome all from the young to the young at heart.

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!