“Pleasant stay for business trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bonaventure Resort & Spa

You added Bonaventure Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Weston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, MA
“Pleasant stay for business trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I attended a conference and stayed at the Bonaventure in early October. I flew into FLL and it was a little bit of a ride to get to the resort (about $50 by taxi). Upon check-in, I was greeted by friendly staff at the front desk. The bellman was very nice and even walked me to my room. It's a very big resort, I think 9+ buildings. I stayed in building 4, 4th floor. Not a lot of bells & whistles in the room, but it was fine, kitchenette area, mini fridge, etc. which I imagine would be helpful if traveling with family/kids. The hotel was relatively quiet, I didn't see many other guests besides those attending the conference, so I'm not sure what the vibe is during busy season.

Room Tip: Building 4 was a good location, next to the main building with view of the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoy your stay at the resort and hope that you can come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Greek first
Davie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I only came here to use the facilities at the spa. I must say that it was exactly what I was looking for.

It's a great escape for locals to come over here. Parking to visit the spa is free. Before you enter the spa, you will feel like you are away from it all, with a zen garden, water fall, and tranquil music all over. The spa staff were all very professional, and everything was spotless and super clean, just the way a spa or any business should be.
When I came to the spa, I was greeted with a smile, and was taken to the locker room, where everything was provided, when I say everything I mean everything is provided as amenities.
Inside the locker rooms you will find the steam room, sauna, whirlpool, sofas, yes sofas. The spa attendant will give you a robe for you to use, slippers, and a locker room key. You can change comfortably in a changing room. Chilled towels, and flavor water are provided to use during heat experience, and the staff are always checking periodically on their guest.

There is also a private outdoor spa pool, next to the spa cafe.

This spa was exactly what I was looking for to escape from it all, I will defiantly be back for more.

I've been to other in South Florida that are a five star Resort Spa, but I would say that Bonaventure Spa exceeded my expectation.

Spa Staff Marlene was very helpful, professional and welcoming!

Room Tip: My review is based on my spa experience.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in the spa. Our staff really enjoys receiving the feedback. I hope that you return soon to enjoy all the amenities again!
Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you look for a quiet and relaxing hotel, this is not the place to go! Almost all rooms have connecting doors and you will hear pretty much everything going on in your neighbor's room. We had a couple with a small baby staying next door that started crying at 7 am every morning. Since the hotel was fully booked, we could not even change rooms.
House keeping was a little inconsistent as well. Sometimes, our room was not made up when we came back from the pool at 4 pm.
Breakfast was very good on the other hand, but it came at an additional price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I will share your comments with our staff to help us make future improvements. Our Director of Rooms, Michael Lauria, would like to discuss your feedback further. He can be reached at 954-349-5648 or mlauria@bonaventurefl.com.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort in April, 2012 for a business meeting. The staff was very accomodating. The buildings are older construction however overall the grounds and rooms are immaculate. Loved the relaxing pool area. I would highly recommend this hotel if you expect the best!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you come stay with us again soon!
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm on day two of a 3 day stay because of attending a conference. so far I'm less than impressed with this hotel. I made a HUGE mistake in not renting a car, since nothing is close and everything requires an expensive taxi ride. To go to the grocery store 2 miles away is a $22 round trip cab. Same for going out for dinner. The toilet got stopped up right away, the coffee machine gave me an electrical shock and then stopped working. Breakfast order was not correct and bacon was burned. The on-site "shop" has very little food you can buy. They didn't replenish my mini-bar and when I called at 2:30 to see about getting it replenished they said that person was gone for the day. The facilities seem like they've seen better days. The staff is friendly at least. I am wishing this was still a Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. We take your comments very seriously and will use them make improvements in the future. Our Director of Rooms, Michael Lauria, would like to get your thoughts in greater detail. Please email him at mlauria@bonaventureFL.com or call him directly at 954-349-5648.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

After a few days in South Beach a quiet spot was on the agenda and this fit the bill. Very close to Sawgrass Mills for the shopping and (with a GPS) easy to get to all the area ammenities. Lovely lobby and a quick check in. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. I loved that there was a balcony and it was shaded and private; perfect for my housecoat coffee in the AM.
The grounds are VERY NICE. Be sure to walk around and check out their Koi, Swan, and Ducks. Loved the pool; the hot tub was welcome as they keep the pool cool.
I did not love that there was no free WiFi there or nearby but; thats what McDonalds is for ;)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BonaventureMgmt, Manager at Bonaventure Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed a nice, relaxing stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We booked this place through Priceline. Room was clean but had a damp smell. There was No free wifi in rooms or lobby. Not much around the area but for the price we paid we were satisfied. Staff were very friendly

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take all feedback very seriously and I'll pass on your comments to the appropriate team members. I hope you were able to enjoy the activities that are within 10 minutes of the resort including Sawgrass Mills Mall and Everglades tours. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Bonaventure Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!