“Cold food is not great food.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarantella Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Weston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boneventure Blvd
“Cold food is not great food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I walk in and the atmosphere is okay. Nothing too amazing. Sit down, and my waiter had to be the most awkwardest individual I have ever encountered in my life. He hovered around saying nothing for a few mins at a time, leaving me and my friend wondering what was wrong with him. The other waiters seemed friendly enough and came to say hi to my table but that male waiter was creepy. I order the chicken with sweet peppers and tomato sauce with a side of steamed veggies. The chicken was mediocre tasting. Could've had better chicken at chipotle. It was cold within a matter of 5mins. My supposed "steamed" vegetables were cold. My friend had an okay meal as well of chicken and sautéed spinach. Overall, not pleased. I rather pay more for a better ambiance and HOT food elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok, Thailand
“Lovely Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Really caring staff, great food. Had a finger licking good ravioli quattro formaggi. Was fantastic for a kids birthday. Totally accommodating, even allowing our own cake (although they sold some) they brought to the table for the birthday girl.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scranton to San Francisco
“Went for Pizza and opted for an amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were looking for a decent place for Pizza and had 3 choices. After walking by one that had few patrons we landed at Tarantella. What a great place! Great atmosphere, great food and service, and the tiramisu was literally the icing on the cake.
I'm a huge fan of artichoke and recommend the pollo forestiera. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Lake, OH
“Great Food! Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have to disagree with another reviewer. I have been to both Italy and Olive Garden. Is the food at Tarantella exactly like the food in Italy? No. But is it WAY better than Olive Garden? YES! The service was wonderful and attentive, but not pushy. The host was very welcoming, just like in Italy. We loved the mushroom polenta appetizer and the Red Sangria. My husband had the chicken marsala, which he enjoyed. He also ordered the veggies as his side, and we were very pleased with the potatoes, which seemed to be mashed with herbs and then lightly fried. I ordered the eggplant parmesan, and it was scrumptious. The layers of cheese and eggplant were cooked perfectly, and the sauce was flavorful. If you are staying in Weston, I highly recommend this place for the bright atmosphere and great food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Gave 1 more try, just not great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This restaurant really is not bad or good. It is like Olive Garden; without the reasonable prices. The pizza is very American. The Italian dIshes are not at all authentic. It is Amercian. I think people want more for the prices of an upscale restaurant. I feel a trip to the better Italian restaurants in Broward: The D'Angelo Group, Cafe La Buca etc would be warranted or better yet a trip to Italy to get back to making good, authentic food that is fresh. The Owner is very kind, but the staff is in need of some TLC training. I asked for my sauce to be a bit spicy and my answer was, it is what it is. They also need to remember that an open kitchen can be very revealing for better or worse. It is like putting on a show, people are watching. Bickering, eating the food you are cooking and the general not thrilled to be there thing is not appealing.

• Visited February 2013