“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Weston
germantown, MD
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Great room. Great service. Checked in one hour early. Stayed in the two bedroom suite in the Osprey. Will definitely do it again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010 via mobile

We stayed in heron 2, in a B room. It's a bit depressing, only two small windows in the whole place. Pretty well stocked though, and easy to cook in.

Beware the paper thin walls. Even though this building is almost empty, they put another group in the A unit right next door. I could hear everything they were saying and even exactly who was saying it.
They kept me awake in bed for 5
hours the first night (I finally asked them to pipe down), and I felt sorry for them the next morning when my older parents got up and going at 8am.

I did not feel that our experience was restful or restorative. I would not recommend the facilities.

I would also not recommend the town. It is quite well manicured and actually fairly bike friendly but it's still identical strip mall after identical strip mall. Except for the palm trees, it's pretty hard to distinguish this area from some places in Arizona and upstate NY that I've visited.

The food here is acceptable at best. Not as many healthful options as I would like, and I spent the morning vomiting after some bad shrimp from Tarantella Italian restaurant last night. Avoid!!

• Stayed December 2010

Travelers are raving about these Weston hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I wish this place the worst of luck. The place seemed nice but they sure wasted my day trying to force me to buy a time share. They sent 3 sales ladies to me and pulled the "black Friday deal". The timeshare went from $28,000 down to $19,000 and then $9000. When I got irritated and wanted to leave they sent corporate to us and offered us $4990. She was extremely rude when i still refused. The promotion was already a scam and i wasn't ready to be scammed again. The location seems nice but it seems so boring and there's nothing around there. FIY they take you in their own car on the tour and there's no turning back, they had us all morning (4.5 hours)

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
We apologize for the experience that you had during the resort preview. It is our policy to treat all of our guests with integrity and in a professional manner. I have forwarded your feedback to the onsite sales team. On a more positive note, we are happy that you liked the location of the resort. Weston is an upscale community known for its boutiques, shops, restaurants and golf. All of which are nearby to Vacation Village at Weston.
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

These are actually timeshare units and we love them.They have either partial or full kitchens so you make your meals if you want to and the A side units have a jacuzzi tub in the room. My husband and I Love coming here. It's quite and relaxing but close enough to all the good stuff to keep everyone happy. The pool is awesome, it has a really nice waterfall anf a hot tub right next to it that you could swim in if there is only a few people in it. Great attractions within 20 min. drive or less for kids of all ages. Casino is about 15 min. away for the adults and south beach is about 30 min. away. Fort Lauderdale is also about 20 min. away. There is a nice area called the river walk or something like that. (we're miami lovers) If you want to go to the gulf side I recommend Marco Island and take the drive into the keys, you'll be so glad you did.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
'
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Had a difficult time finding someone that spoke English on the everyday staff. Any questions to housekeeping - did not speak English. Ordering a sandwich at their
poolside eatery - could not understand the question being asked of them. Asked where
to get a beach towel - did not speak English. Very frustrating.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you had difficulty communicating with select members of the Vacation Village at Weston team. While the majority of the housekeeping team is Spanish speaking, the remainder of the staff is bilingual in both English and Spanish to accommodate the diversity of our guests.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My wife and I have stayed here before so we knew what to expect.
We really did enjoyed our stay this time around, we did not have any problems what so ever. The resort is well kept and the staff was really good to us. Our room was very nice and roomy with a nice view from our balcony.

I especially love swimming in their swimming pool and sitting in the hot tub, I believe it's the best in the whole state of Florida!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Johnstown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My family stayed at Vacation Village at Weston in October 2010. We had an A/B unit and it was spacious, clean and comfortable for our group. Actually, we didn't even use the smaller unit other than to sleep. We thought that everyone was extremely friendly (staff) and helpful. We used the shuttle to go to the grocery store and to do some activities at the other buildings. The beach is a short drive and definitely worth going to. We were there for a week and went to three beaches (Ft Lauderdale, Hollywood and Miami). I don't understand why you have to pay for internet, but it wasn't a big deal. We went to the computer room several times and were able to use the computers there with no problem. I think one time in the week it was too crowded, but that was it. After reading some of the earlier reviews, we were a little nervous about staying at the resort but did not have one complaint after our visit. We did not have our husbands on the trip so we did not get one phone call from the timeshare salesman. I would stay at this timeshare again in a heart beat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Vacation Village at Weston? Share your experiences!