“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Weston
New Jersey
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel was average. I have to say that I did not take advantage of the amenities, so this review is based solely on the hotel stay in the Osprey building. Upon arrival, there were not any luggage carts available. The building is large, and I believe they have 3 in the lobby. They were almost never there and no one monitors their use. Also, the front door to the building was never locked and there is no front desk in the building to monitor who is coming in. I did not feel the building was secure. The most important quality to me of any hotel is cleanliness. I felt as though our room was clean. However, the garbage cans in front of the building were overflowing almost every time we walked past it. It seemed like they don't keep up with maintenance in the rooms. Our room had two sliding glass doors that went to the balcony. Neither of the doors would remain locked, and with two children that was important to me. I called maintenance and they came up, but their fix didn't last. It was obvious to me that the door handles were loose, and that was causing them to not latch properly. I didn't bother calling to get it fixed again. The A side room is larger than the B side. Also, the B side does not have an oven, stove, nor a dishwasher. The televisions in the bedrooms were very small and hard to see while in bed. The rooms are "tidied" on the fourth day, but you have to put your bedding and towels in the tub. I didn't feel like it was my responsibility to take the sheets off the bed and pillows, but we did it anyway as I wanted new bedding. I gave this hotel an average rating because the room was clean, and the A side had a good amount of space.

Room Tip: Ask for an "A" room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you taking the time to share your experience. We’re very disappointed to read that our resort did not meet all of your expectations. It is our goal to offer great vacations at affordable prices for our guests and we appreciate your comments as these observations can only help us to improve our performance. We hope you will consider choosing us again so that we may have another opportunity to prove that we are a great choice for lodging while visiting Weston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel staff was friendly for the most part. However, be watchful for nonrefundable clause on offers. Do not believe the no time obligation line.
This is our policy is great line to fleece unsuspecting hurried visitors.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments. We’re sorry if you had a bad experience at the resort. Your review doesn’t state what nonrefundable clause you’re referring to, but like most companies, all transactions made at the resort are followed up in writing. We are sorry that we failed to meet all of your expectations and hope that our friendly staff will encourage you to return and stay with us again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After a 20 hour drive with the family we finally arrived and had to check in at the main building which took about an hour. We had to go back to the main building the other day to get our parking pass. And they signed us up for a lunch but didn't tell us anything about it just where to go. So we followed the map the day of the lunch and ended up in a crowded room and after waiting for a while was greeted by a woman her name was Maggie. She told us we would be going to the country club for a buffet and to follow her. So after losing her and having to drive back to the crowded her to follow her again. We ended up having lunch there where Maggie sat with us which was very awkward and we weren't sure what the point of it was but we just went along. She mentioned a tour but we were still confused when this tour would take place. So after the lunch we ran to our car in the pouring rain and still confused we followed Maggie (we thought we were going back to the crowded room) when we realized she was going the opposite direction we decided to go back using our gps thinking that we weren't supposed to follow her. So we go back to the room and she eventually meets us there. And she approaches us in a very rude demeanor saying we ditched her twice and that was very rude of us. Still confused we tried to calm her but she still continued to be mean. She said that we have to continue the tour and the presentation and it's going to take two hours. And I told her that we didn't want to do it anymore if she is going to continue to be rude like that. So she acted like a small child and walked away. So I asked for the manager and I spoke to her. I told the manager we would still do the tour but we didn't want Maggie. But the manager refused to give us another person. So we ended up just having to deal with Maggie for about an hour and a half. She ruined our day and our vacation I general because that's all we were talking about for the rest of the trip. I honestly would not suggest ever coming here. Stay away! And I have no idea what the hiring manager was thinking when they hired Maggie. Seriously one of the rudest employees I have ever come across and the fact that the manager let her treat guests that way is beyond me!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re sorry that you were surprised that you were required to attend a presentation when you signed up for the complimentary lunch. This requirement is written on the deposit receipt you received when you scheduled your time. Since this lunch presentation is not mandatory for all guests, deposits are taken to ensure that only those who are truly interested in attending will sign up. It is not our intent to mislead or appear rude to our guests, only share with them all the benefits that timeshare ownership has to offer. Though timeshare ownership may not be for you, we hope that you will reconsider and return to our resort as a guest the next time you visit Weston.
Sun Lakes, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I wouldn't recommend staying at the Vacation Village at Weston. The units are very outdated. The bathroom was tiny, with the only towel bar being in the bathtub area. The unit sleeps four but there was only one dresser with four drawers and on draw was broken. The one closet was tiny. And both closet and dresser were in the bedroom. Not only was the WiFi slow, the TV reception was poor. Vacation Village is building new timeshares, when they should be putting money into renovating the ones people already own!

Room Tip: The A units are larger but not anymore updated in the building we were in (Heron 2), it also has a b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. Your review doesn’t state which type of suite you reserved, but our A Suites are 875 square feet featuring modern amenities like fully appointed-kitchens, Jacuzzi tub, full bathroom, and living and dining areas. The companion B Suites are 625 square feet and feature many of the same amenities, with the exception of a range and Jacuzzi tub. Each year the resort makes a significant investment in refurbishment projects. In addition to other renovations, this year we are continuing to purchase more new flat panel televisions, mattresses and box springs, new appliance packages as needed, and area rugs for suites located at Vacation Village at Weston. We hope that you will return and stay with us again and see for yourself how we are constantly improving our resort and ultimately our guests’ vacation experiences.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

They truly need to invest in amenities, beside pool there wasn't much to do. The majority of the resort activities were cancelled due to weather but they did not offer another alternative. I was very disappointed. The unit was clean for the most part but the dressers were very dusty. They charge me $25 for an amenities fee but they really didn't offer much. They need to get an arcade with pool table and air hockey, miniature golf course, nightly movies and dance lesson in social club, if the weather does not permit them to perform them outside. Entertainment is key!

Room Tip: Pool side unit on the upper floors would be best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Due to our year round beautiful weather, we normally plan the majority of our resort activities outside. In addition we provide many amenities found at upscale resorts like a fitness center, spa, wifi in the private rooms, a computer room, and shuttle service within a three-mile radius of the resort. Minutes away you can enjoy airboat rides in the Everglades, horseback riding, tennis, golf, world-class shopping and restaurants. Miami’s famous South Beach and the Florida Keys are easily accessible from the resort. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and experiencing all our resort and our beautiful location has to offer the next time you visit South Florida.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First of all let me start by saying I purchased this time share 13 years ago and have never been back because I go am a every other year owner and trading it in for 2 weeks vacation has been a better deal.

Overall I give the resort a B-. I stayed in the Osprey Unit which is very close to the main pool etc so that was a benefit. The A unit have a full kitchen a pull out bed. Both had nice big LG Tvs in the Bedroom and Livingroom. The B units are much smaller but my 21 year old stayed in the bedroom and my 18 year slept on the pullout bed. We called the main office and for $20 dollars we were able to get a rollout bed which was very comfortable for my daughter.

The main pool is very nice, always a volleyball game going on, and hot tub is right there. The resort does a very good job with activities (bingo, swimming exercise, face painting, tie dye t shirt and more. The resort even pulled out a big tv so folks could watch the World Cup.

Not having a bar was a negative, but you could bring your own by the pool etc. The little deli was ok and has ice cream etc for the kids. ...My wife at the motzarella and tomato sandwich 3 of the 5 days....they do also have al ittle shop with nachos etc. In the morning there is free coffee and then iced tea throughout the day. Smoothies are $2 and run all day so very nice

The area itself is very nice and everything is a good 20-35 minute drive. We went to Miami Zoo then Miami Beach (35 minutes) least favorite beach......Hollywood Beach was a real find...a very nice beach with many shops and places to eat right there...20 minutes.......i would definately recommend Red Roof Beach in Boca Raton....bluest water i have ever seen.....beach was very hot so bring towels....also bring facemask and snorkel...well worth the visit....Fort Lauderdale as well 20 minutes was great....Again alot of driving to get places but nice to visit a different place

My biggest negative is the internet....I did bring my laptop to do some work and each kid brought a IPAD ....it is VERY VERY BAD....i spent the extra $10 to get better accesss...and it wasnt worith it....VVillage if you are listening...your IT guy should be replaced and you should make your wireless program much better......I know you have the business center with free internet ...but getting my work emails, etc was not possible...

Overall a very very nice place if you can get a unit near the main pool...i cant comment on the other units away from that...great job looking forward to going back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation because we always appreciate it when an owner takes the time to comment about their stay with us. Guest feedback like yours helps us know what areas we need to improve our services and ultimately improve our guest’s experience. We are sorry that some of our amenities didn’t meet your expectations. Our close proximity to the Everglades, the size and design of our guest buildings, and peak times of usage are all factors that unfortunately can affect the strength of our wifi service. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you and your family for many years to come.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed in A & B condo (2 bdrm), nice spacious comfortable stay. Jacuzzi in A unit was a plus. Pool was a little crowded but could find chairs to lay out on. Resort needs to upgrade wifi, guest pay $25.00 resort fee to include wifi. Wifi was very slow to say the least. Fitness room needs upgrading with free weights and working equipment. Very crowded on most days. Buildings are starting to show sign of wear, fresh paint should fix that. Overall good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Weston. We’re happy to know that you’ve enjoyed our warm hospitality and our great location. Your thoughtful suggestions have been shared with the resort’s management team for further consideration. Thank you for choosing Vacation Village at Weston for your vacation and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit south Florida.

Been to Vacation Village at Weston? Share your experiences!