“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16461 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Weston
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Having stayed in a Vacation Village property in Kissimmee, FL before, I was expecting the same quality in Weston, also partially based on the RCI website pictures. First impression: update of one-bedroom unit is essential to improve the appearance of quality, now lacking. Second, but cannot be corrected so easily: the only window in the unit is in the bedroom; thus, the kitchen/living-room area feels like a cell on cell block. (I admit I have never been in a real cell.) I also missed a balcony, but that goes hand in hand with the fact that the only window is in the bedroom. Also, most of the personnel we encountered spoke very poor English. The biggest problem: we were advised by flyer under the door that the water would be closed off on Wednesday from 5 pm to 10 am (the following day). I called the desk to ask if this could be correct. This was confirmed with a story that it was due to the City of Weston. 10 am on Wednesday my husband steps into the shower: NO WATER! I called the front desk again and was told that they were sorry but it was an error in the flyer. This was not correct by a second flyer, I should add. All in all, I would not recommend this property.

Room Tip: Do not accept the B Unit, as it has not windows in the living-room. It also has no balcony. Kitchen...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your comments of our performance are appreciated because it helps us decide what areas need care. We regret that your accommodations and our service were not what you expected, but we hope you reconsider and allow us another opportunity to host your next visit to Weston so that we can deliver the type of vacation experience that you and others travelers expect of all of the Vacation Village Resort properties.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

More of an apartment with a pool than a resort. We were disappointed that our unit, for which we had exchanged an RCI Gold Crown 2-bedroom unit, had only a double bed, no balcony, no patio, only a small window which looked over a parking lot. We made the resort management and RCI aware of our dissatisfaction upon check-in, but nothing was done. We would have been better off in a low-end motel. I would not return nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: best avoided
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments, we’re sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. Many choose our resort because of our upscale location within the South Florida Spa, Tennis and Golf Community of Weston. Our condominium-style resort offers a multitude of amenities with maximum privacy for many satisfied guests through the years. It is unfortunate that you resolved not to stay with us again but we hope your experience doesn’t deter you from visiting our lovely city in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I looked at the reviews and did notice above average complaints about the front desk staff and BED BUGS!! Well I should have believed what the reviews said!! The grounds and common areas were clean ! They had the smell of pine cleaner ! Actually over kill with pine cleaner,as if they were trying to hide something ! Well they were ! I lifted the couch and found not only bed bugs and the tell tale markings and shed skin! Under the bed room bed there was bottles of vodka . I had to destroy all of my luggage spend two days continually washing my clothes and destroy and replace my wives expensive bags! I have a 6 year old boy that we had to convince the issue was a leak so he wouldn't have nightmares! It took the staff almost 24 hrs to move us to a room 3 buildings away from the pool and directly on the highway! They were the rudest most unprofessional team of managers I have ever dealt with!! To make all matters worse the exterminator demanded that the room get shut of from serviced tested for parasites and totally stripped! WHILE MOVING I SAW THE STAFF PLACE A NEW BED WITHOUT DOING ANY TESTING OR CLEANING ! BASICALLY SETTING UP THE NEXT FAMILY FOR A NIGHTMARE VACATION !

Stayed February 2014
We’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately no hotel or resort is immune to a bed bug infestation, but we do have a policy in place that we follow on those rare occurrences when an issue has been reported. We’re not professionals in the pest control industry and do not assume an infestation is present until verified by a licensed exterminator. A professional pest control company was called in to inspect the rooms and after a thorough investigation it was reported that there were no bed bugs found in either unit. You didn’t agree with the exterminator’s report so out of hospitality we relocated you to another room so that you would be more comfortable for the remainder of your vacation. Though this type of issue is very unusual at our resort we find that even one complaint is too many and we regret that you now have such a negative impression of us. We’re disappointed that we couldn’t provide you with a great vacation experience and we hope your next trip to Weston is more enjoyable.
New Ulm, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Good value for what we paid for it. Maybe some of the TVs on the property are outdated, but we were too busy to watch much TV anyway. Spent three enjoyable weeks at the Osprey sharing a lock-out (two complete units) with friends, watching the weather reports for most of the rest of the country experiencing TERRIBLE weather, including highs of 34 below zero - real temperature - not wind chill, back home. "Free" breakfast or lunch with someone trying to sell as a timeshare, but we really weren't high pressured and got a $100 card for Olive Garden or Red Lobster.Had access to several of the pools in the Weston properties. The close hot tub was large, but not all that hot and half the jets weren't working. We liked the hot tubs at the Heron or Mizner pools better. Activities at any of the Weston properties were available to us so we had free muffins, orange juice and coffee Sunday AND Monday, and inexpensive hot dogs/hamburgers, chips and lemonade Wednesday AND Thursday. Enjoyed the free Thursday night movies that included pop and popcorn. Didn't like paying $25/week extra for the Internet or $2/load to wash and $2/load to dry laundry. Location is good, but the town is very hard to figure out - all the streets look alike. Best activities - the yellow water taxis in nearby Ft. Lauderdale - all day on and off for under $20, close parking all day for $5 and the movie theater in nearby Tamarac - 5 screens, all movies $4 except on Tuesday when it is $2 (but get there early because the theater for popular movies fills up completely, but you still have several other movies to choose from. Groceries at Target in the Sawgrass Mall are much more reasonable than at Publix.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with Vacation Village at Weston. We’re happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the value we offer our guests. We hope we can share our hospitality with you the next time you want a relaxing Florida vacation.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I made a reservation with them 1 year prior to my arrival (yes ONE year). This was my 100% go-to place in Weston.
I bought an A and a B room ( total capacity of 8 people).
After a 9 hour flight from Chile, I arrived and they didn't have my room. They offered 2 B suites (smaller than what I bought) next to each other. We came as a family, we cant have separate rooms. After talking to the manager, she answered saying that happened to 6 more families and if I didn't like it, just leave.
So I did, but I was going to get penalized with all the money I payed because of Booking system.
I'm still trying to fix it with them.
Not the way to go. I was a loyal customer coming every year (for 10 years).
After this, would NOT recommend. A total scam.
0/10

• Stayed February 2014
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re very sorry that we couldn’t provide you with the same excellent vacation this visit as we have provided so many times in the past. February is one of the busiest months of travel for us. We unexpectedly had to shut down several units for repair due to an unfortunate water leak in one of the buildings. We’re working very diligently to repair these units and are trying to accommodate as many guests as we can with the best possible arrangements. You wanted to go to a different hotel and requested a refund, which we immediately issued. We regret that you now have a negative impression of us and our service. We hope you will reconsider and return and stay with us again so that we may have another opportunity to provide you with an excellent vacation as we have done for so many years.
Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Vacation Village at Weston is located where 595 and 75 junction. It's west of Fort Lauderdale. The accommodation are up to date, clean, well maintained.
The staff is friendly and accommodating. It's the place to go when you need to get away from the New York winters. There are plenty of pools but not near a beach. Restaurants are plentiful. There are lots of activities to participate in.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation! We really appreciate that you took the time to share all that you enjoy about our resort. We’re happy to know that you have enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again at Vacation Village at Weston.
Bowmanville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

They claim to be green ( environmentally friendly) but are they? I have attached a copy of their claim. You can read it in the attached photo. They do have a recycling program...good. However, when people are vacationing they like convenience, agreed? There is no recycle bin in the units, neither is there one on each floor of the 7 story high rise buildings. The only location is a large bin outside each building. If you are serious about recycling, al least place collection bins near the elevators on each floor. Most people would recycle if there was a small collection bin in each kitchen and a deposit point on each floor. As things stand, I suspect that most recycling ends up in the kitchen garbage pail which is conveniently emptied by housekeeping staff twice per week.
My biggest complaint is their use of gas powered leaf blowers. Not only is this a source of air pollution, but noise pollution as well. It is also ineffective as the leafs just blow back and the cycle restarts making this more of a make work project than anything else. You will hear/smell them being used 2-3 times per week for hours at a time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your comments on our services are appreciated because it helps us decide what areas we can improve upon. We regret that our recycling program and maintenance equipment were not what you expected and your comments have been forwarded to the resort’s management team for further review. Thank you for your patronage and we hope our spacious rooms and beautiful locale will entice you to return and stay with us again.

Been to Vacation Village at Weston? Share your experiences!