“Good place, although away” 4 of 5 stars

Vacation Village at Weston
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16461 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33326   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Argentina
“Good place, although away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed there with my family. The room was good, large and clean. We were in a property away from the checkin lobby. Buildings are spread all around the area. We used a secondary pool that belongs to the property we were assigned to. Very close to Sawgrass area. I recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recommendation of Vacation Village at Weston. We’re always happy to read about families who enjoy their time with us. We’re happy to know that you were able to spend some time exploring places like nearby Sawgrass Mills Mall and we hope to share our hospitality with you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Brunswick, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed there through our timeshare in June of this year. I liked that the buildings were secure and the complex was nicely kept. I thought our units were very nice. We had a 2 bedroom in the Ibis building. My son and his friend loved that they had their own mini unit with a separate door and key. Have to admit that I liked that myself. I liked the area of Weston as it wasn't touristy. I felt like I was at home but we were close enough to venture out to see the sights and visit the beaches. There was laundry access on each floor. That was the only thing I didn't care for. I like to have laundry in the unit itself. I would recommend others to stay here and would go back again myself..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Weston. We’re happy to know that you and your family appreciated our room’s design. Vacation Village at Weston feature A & B suites that have a common foyer with separate locks for each suite. This unique combination you wrote about in your review is very popular with our timeshare owners because it offers luxurious rooms with maximum privacy for larger parties. Thank you again for writing and we look forward to welcoming your family back soon.
lymington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

the buildings are in poor condition and out dated, the company is more interested in selling shares than sorting out what mess they have, complaints just get ignored, three and a half hours of pressure sales after telling them no more than 20 times had to get cross for them to pay attention
the buildings have the air con on full blast it is like being in the Arctic, we turned off our air conditioning in the room even with 35 degrees on the out side and a cardigan was still needed,but it was a blessing as the noise of the knackered unit was awful and deafining
the pools were ok but never used them as there is no shade, no parasol's nothing, just to go to the reception was a car drive, the kitchen was not the cleanest, what you see on the adverts and reviews is most certainly not what you get, as for the luxury spa what a joke it was a room in the building where you entered through a broken beaded curtain it was more like entering a $10 joint the furniture was dirty and old
The area itself is ok but is more suited to golfers, there really is not much entertainment in the area so we spent most days going to downtown fort lauderdale for things to
so to call this place a luxury resort and spa should come under the trades description,

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We’re disappointed to read that our resort didn’t meet your expectations. As you can see by many of the guest photos here on tripadvisor we normally receive praise on our accommodations and resort amenities. We’re sorry that we couldn’t provide you with the same value and we hope your experience doesn’t deter you from visiting the city of Weston in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Upper mgmt admitted to still booking rooms while renovation ongoing. We were moved to 4 different rooms in 6 days due to known issue of no air prior to us getting there. The upper mgmt sAid that because the building was old that we should expect these problems. We did like the jetted tub and the heated pool.

• Stayed October 2013
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. We’re sorry for the issues you encountered at our resort. We take pride in our property and service and strive to exceed guest expectations. When we fall short, we share in the disappointment felt by our guests. Upon investigating your review it was discovered that the issues with the A/C were not known prior to booking reservations. The A/C stopped working in the middle of the night and was repaired early the next day. Unfortunately we did have to relocate you a few times due to unfortunate issues. You were advised that just like our personal home, without warning sometimes in an aging building equipment can from time to time malfunction even with preventive maintenance. As a gesture of goodwill the resort gifted you attraction tickets in Weston and a complimentary stay at our resort in Orlando. You also wanted five complimentary tickets to theme parks in Orlando. The resort felt that the compensation given was appropriate and didn’t comply with your additional request. We regret that we failed to provide the same great vacation experience for you that so many others have enjoyed with us. We hope you’ll take advantage of the complimentary vacation in Orlando and allow our company another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I joined his grandparents on a vacation to Weston. We were only staying 2 nights and they were staying 7 nights. Upon check-in we loved the location and we were overly excited about the FREE GIFT they offer to ONLY OWNERS. As new parents we were on a budget and picked the Jet Ski package. We were told to attend a FREE breakfast or lunch because again we were owners! We attend the lunch at the Welcome Center to find out its a sales pitch!!! The FREE LUNCH at the Hyatt is soup and salad.The sales lady was in a "rush" but my husbands grandparents spent 5 hours with her. We kept telling them we had plans and had to leave but they kept giving us the run around. I was VERY UPSET (Especially as a employee of a resort in Kissimmee that deals with RCI on regular basis) and left. Our vacation was ruined because an entire day went to our FREE GIFT!! Not to mention that no gift was actually given. Weston itself was a beautiful resort but the customer service sucks. We asked for extra pans to cook and was told we were not allowed to have any extra. We asked for a towel exchange and was told we just missed the maids at 11:30 am! And the directions the front desk give you SUCKS!! So my vacation consisted of getting lost and listening to some lady talk about UPGRADING!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your sharing your experience. We’re happy that you enjoyed your time at our resort but we’re sorry that the presentation wasn’t what you expected. We understand your point of view, but this service is offered to all of the resort’s owners so that they may learn about updates on the property and exclusive services only available to Vacation Village Resorts timeshare owners. Though not mandatory, many find it informative to attend and end up discovering ways to maximize their timeshare ownership benefits. The length of the presentation greatly depends upon the attendee’s interest and we will try to take as much time as we can to present owners will all the associated benefits. We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with the vacation you expected and we hope your next visit to Weston is more enjoyable.
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I called in to get a so called free cruise from the commercial on the radio and found out the hard way that Caribbean Cruise line and Bahamas Celebration is by far the largest running scam in the United States. They offer a free cruise and then charge you for everything on the cruise and it was horrible. I spent $494.31 for a free cruise. Anyway just a WARNING ABOUT THESE COMPANIES BEFORE I GET To the review on vacation village. As I was saying they are in on it too. I was told I can get the hotel when I got there and all I had to do was pay taxes for the room and agree to take a tour of the property. RED FLAG! I should have known better then but I didn't. I took my grandmother on this trip with me and she is 70+. I drove 14 and a half hours to get there and I got there and tried to check in. I was extremely exhausted, falling asleep on the road, I just needed to lay down. I went in and I was ready to pay for everything and I was going to pay in cash. I researched the cruise line a week prior to leaving and checked the BBB and found out this was a scam. Upon arriving I had made the decision I was going to pay for everything in cash. Because they charged extra stuff on other people's credit card. It took 3-6 months to get a refund. The lady at the front desk refused to take cash. I was told I had to put the $100 deposit on my card. I told her she could hold a $100 cash deposit and I just get it back when I checked out. She went and got the boss and They refused to let me pay in cash. I signed the hotel check-in form and I told them I wanted a copy they refused to give me a copy of anything that was signed. I was told it is the hotel's property and I can't have a copy. I told them I can't have something I'm signing with my signature on it? It seemed as if they are hiding some type of secret or it really is a scam and they don't want people to know. Be careful you will sign your life away with these people and can't do anything about it because they make sure you have no copies of documents or evidence. So this left me and my grandmother in a state where it was unfamiliar and nowhere to go or sleep. The women at the counter were rude! I went on this trip from 8/30-9/1/2013. I drove down on the 29th and got there at 1 am on the 30th. The time share scam is run out of the Vacation Village Welcome Center. They claim the tour only last 90 minutes. THAT'S THE SECOND LIE! The first lie was free cruise. We arrived at the welcome center at 8:16 am and didn't leave until 2pm. I was furious. They claim it is no pressure to purchase time share but they kept trying. The original price of the time share was $32,000 and they dropped the price all the way down to $8990. They are full of crap they were trying to make it seem like they were only selling it to us for that price and they offered it to everyone. Then when we were finally getting ready to leave they lowered it to 6,000 and something. I hated everything about this trip and if I can help it I will NEVER GO TO WESTON/FT. LAUDERDALE FL. AGAIN! There was only one good event of this trip and that is I found my grandmother and I somewhere to sleep for a reasonable price. To find out where read my next review. But please take heed to this warning this is serious and I wouldn't make it up. Don't be their next victim. Oh yea and I did not know about the tolls in Florida. If traveling past Jacksonville, Fl. be prepared to pay at least 20 dollars in toll fare. Florida is definitely the most scamming, expensive, conning, misleading state in the U. S. The funny thing is I just got another call dealing with the same time share company saying I won a trip to Orlando. They were going to give me a $10,000 trip if I did a time share with the same company for only $698. (they didn't know I had just come back from a horrible trip dealing with them already) The only difference was it was in Orlando this time and several beaches and the horrible Cruise. I told them they can give it to someone else. And the man hung up in my face.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We’re sorry that you felt misled by the tour operator you used to reserve your vacation. Caribbean Cruise line and Bahamas Celebration are not affiliated with Vacation Village Resorts and we can’t comment on the sales tactics used by other companies but we do regret that your experience with them has left you disappointed in our company. We realize the prospect of purchasing timeshare is a big decision and that is why we try to take as much time as we can to present all the benefits of vacation ownership. The length of the presentation greatly depends upon the attendee’s interest and as in any sales environment a sales person will try to overcome objectives. Price quotes that you were offered were associated with various inventory and usage options. For example if someone wanted to purchase a new car the price would fluctuate depending upon any upgrades made to the vehicle. We apologize that our front desk and sales employees could not provide you with an excellent vacation experience and we wish you a better travel experience in the future.
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great sized rooms- we had 8 people in a two bedroom. Both bedrooms had a living room. Activities for all. Huge convenient pool. Separate wading pool area for small children with a gate. Lumpy bed. Older decor. Surprise maid fee for mid week check in of $40.

Stayed August 2013
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Weston, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your positive review regarding your recent stay at Vacation Village at Weston. We’re glad that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and plentiful amenities. Thank you for sharing your experience with our Tripadvisor readers and we hope to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to South Florida.

Been to Vacation Village at Weston? Share your experiences!