“Nice Stay--Love Weston!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Weston
Farrell, Pennsylvania
“Nice Stay--Love Weston!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our first night was free because we had enough points. Suppose to be a studio, but was upgraded. Room was large and had full kitchen. Breakfast was so-so. Close to nice shopping center. Staff was very nice. Lots of channels on the TV. Would definitely stay again-close to family in the beautiful town of Weston!

Room Tip: Elevators are only on one end of the building.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Park City, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel was last resort as everything in the Ft lauderdale area was booked. We paid 243.00 for one night with taxes. the room is VERY outdated and the pull out couch was a joke. The couch itself was from the 70's and the bed you could feel the springs through. One of our travelers unfortunately had to sleep there. There is a group of people that stay there on business regularly and it seems that they run the place. For that price and the Maririott name I was really expecting a resort like experience. All night you could hear a clunk clunk noise and everytime someone from another room in the hotel flushed the toilet or ran the shower you could hear that clear as day as if it was in your room. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!! RUN!! The prices are the highest in the area you can definitely find something better if you plan ahead

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Decided on this hotel due to it's advertisment of extended stay features and complimentary breakfast since I'll be staying for the weekend on a business trip. The room is the smallest I've stayed in and definitely not up to par with Marriott standards. While clean, it is need of a major update. Appliances and cabinetry are quite old, furniture is worn and there's just barely enough room to wedge yourself between the counter and tub to sit down on the toilet. The complimentary breakfast is cereal and there's a coffee maker in your room.

There are also several groups of what seems to be local people hanging around at the property, sitting in their cars in the middle of the parking lot with music blaring, and strutting around with clothes several sizes too small. Not sure if I checked in the hotel or the hood.

One benefit of the location is that it is directly across the street from shopping, restaurants and grocery.

Room Tip: Building 2 is away from the road and odd numbered rooms overlook a water canal.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed here for a work trip. Room was nice enough, but the bed was pretty hard. The 'breakfast' consisted of dry cereal and a small selection of yogurt. I think it was overpriced for the value, not bad, just over priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I am on an extended business trip to south Florida. I booked this hotel because of its extended stay features and slightly upscale name (Marriott). I would be better off staying at a cheaper extended stay hotel. The staff walk around smoking in the same areas as the guests. There is NO cell service anywhere in the building. The fitness equipment (cardio only) is falling apart. They never completely clean your room. And to make matters worse, the internet is basically dial up. For someone who has to be away from their office as long as I do, This makes for a bad situation. To top it ALL off, I can hear everything that goes on in the hallways in the night and morning. Including the crashing of the lobby door everytime someone opens it. Come on Marriott, Get your act together!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel for a work meeting that I needed to attend in the Weston, FL area. I was attempting to save a little bit of money and this was a cheaper option. I only saved about $10 or $20 by booking a room here as opposed to other area hotels, and I wish I would have spent the extra money.
I arrived at night and the parking lot area was very dark and seemed pretty desserted except for a few cars that were driving around rather aimlessly (this enhanced the creepy factor). I went in to the lobby area to check in. The staff was very helpful and friendly but there was nothing special about the area. I walked across the parking lot to the building where my room was. Again, the creepy factor set in as I walked down the hallway to my room. It just seemed desserted and unsupervised. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed was the carpet. It was that type of carpet that made you want to walk around with your shoes on the whole time. it kind of had this sticky feel to it. The kitchenette was old and the rest of the furniture was cheap and uncomfortable. The bed was the worst part. I like a firm mattress but this mattress was hard as a rock. The comforter and the sheets were stiff and definitely uninviting. Considering that all I booked the room for was to sleep in, this made me immediately regret my budget conscious decision. Between the fact that I was slightly concerned for my safety and the pure discomfort the bed provided, I barely slept at all that night. I definitely do not recommend this hotel. The pictures on the website are somewhat misleading and there are other options in the area that are worth the $10 or $20 you might save by booking a room here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed at the Towneplace Suites just for one night and it was terrible. The moment we arrived, the lady that checked us in had severe attitude. She looked at me and said even though I was putting a credit card on file, she had to charge it a $125 deposit, that it was their policy. I said nothing and handed over my credit card. Well, she charged me that $125 and there was an extra hold from initially swiping that credit card. I was very upset. But, I decided to let it go and go to the room to sleep. I got to the room, which was fine. The first light was very loud, so I kept it off. I went to take a shower and the shower curtain was still wet from the previous guest. GROSS! The phone in the room didn't work, our refrigerator had a dent in it, and the room stayed humid for the majority of the night. I will never come back, probably not even to the brand.

It took me almost a week to get my $125 deposit back and the person I spoke to on the phone said it was not their policy and he was unsure why I was charged that amount. I seriously hope that person got fired for making up policies.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!