“Will not be coming back!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston

Save Saved
You added TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1545 Three Village Road, Weston, FL 33326   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Weston
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Will not be coming back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I am on an extended business trip to south Florida. I booked this hotel because of its extended stay features and slightly upscale name (Marriott). I would be better off staying at a cheaper extended stay hotel. The staff walk around smoking in the same areas as the guests. There is NO cell service anywhere in the building. The fitness equipment (cardio only) is falling apart. They never completely clean your room. And to make matters worse, the internet is basically dial up. For someone who has to be away from their office as long as I do, This makes for a bad situation. To top it ALL off, I can hear everything that goes on in the hallways in the night and morning. Including the crashing of the lobby door everytime someone opens it. Come on Marriott, Get your act together!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel for a work meeting that I needed to attend in the Weston, FL area. I was attempting to save a little bit of money and this was a cheaper option. I only saved about $10 or $20 by booking a room here as opposed to other area hotels, and I wish I would have spent the extra money.
I arrived at night and the parking lot area was very dark and seemed pretty desserted except for a few cars that were driving around rather aimlessly (this enhanced the creepy factor). I went in to the lobby area to check in. The staff was very helpful and friendly but there was nothing special about the area. I walked across the parking lot to the building where my room was. Again, the creepy factor set in as I walked down the hallway to my room. It just seemed desserted and unsupervised. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed was the carpet. It was that type of carpet that made you want to walk around with your shoes on the whole time. it kind of had this sticky feel to it. The kitchenette was old and the rest of the furniture was cheap and uncomfortable. The bed was the worst part. I like a firm mattress but this mattress was hard as a rock. The comforter and the sheets were stiff and definitely uninviting. Considering that all I booked the room for was to sleep in, this made me immediately regret my budget conscious decision. Between the fact that I was slightly concerned for my safety and the pure discomfort the bed provided, I barely slept at all that night. I definitely do not recommend this hotel. The pictures on the website are somewhat misleading and there are other options in the area that are worth the $10 or $20 you might save by booking a room here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed at the Towneplace Suites just for one night and it was terrible. The moment we arrived, the lady that checked us in had severe attitude. She looked at me and said even though I was putting a credit card on file, she had to charge it a $125 deposit, that it was their policy. I said nothing and handed over my credit card. Well, she charged me that $125 and there was an extra hold from initially swiping that credit card. I was very upset. But, I decided to let it go and go to the room to sleep. I got to the room, which was fine. The first light was very loud, so I kept it off. I went to take a shower and the shower curtain was still wet from the previous guest. GROSS! The phone in the room didn't work, our refrigerator had a dent in it, and the room stayed humid for the majority of the night. I will never come back, probably not even to the brand.

It took me almost a week to get my $125 deposit back and the person I spoke to on the phone said it was not their policy and he was unsure why I was charged that amount. I seriously hope that person got fired for making up policies.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mastic, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I just got back from a 3 night stay at this hotel with my family (there were 6 of us), we tried for an early check in but unfortunately that wasn't available although it was requested. Lucie at the front desk was great! She was helpful and really tried to have house keeping get the room done early for us. The breakfast was very simply but suffice, they offered various cereals, milk, muffins, fruit, yogurt, coffee and orange juice. Our room was clean and they had nice flat screen tv's in the living room, and the two bedrooms.They could definitely improve their rooms; our chair in the living room had burn holes in it, the sofa bed was less then decent, one of the blankets given for the sofa bed had a blood stain (worst thing ever). There is also no dvd player which I found extremely odd. Overall the stay was pleasant but for what they charge a night ($139) I think they could definitely make improvements.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
TownePlaceWeston, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on your recent visit to our TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Weston. We certainly value your opinion and please note will immediately take appropriate steps to improve our services. Our Team is looking forward to serve you again and ready to offer a simple, fresh, friendly and Real Living Experience.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

We just returned from a nine night stay. The location is great for getting around the Miami, Ft Lauderdale area. Weston is a beautiful town and the hotel is right beside a trendy little shopping district. We were especially impressed with the service, Julia to the best of my knowledge is the manager and will do her absolute best to make the stay pleasant. The hotel is a little outdated ie. TV's and furniture have not been replaced in some time but the staff has kept everything clean and neat. The area is very safe if you wish to go for a walk at night. You are 10 minutes from the Sawgrass Mall and the arena where the Florida Panthers play, yet you could be on the beach in 30 minutes or less depending on traffic. Although this is not a resort it is extremely great value and we would recommend it highly!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

Incredible staff and we left our luggage there for almost a week. Each suite has a kitchen with supplies and there is a nearby grocery store in a plaza so finding food isn’t a problem. The hotel is in Weston and it is a beautiful area. IT is about 20 min drive to Sawgrass Mills Mall, the largest in FL. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The pool is OK, nothing special but great for re-energizing.
We were very comfortable as a family with 2 kids and will definitely goo there.
We had our AC broken down and they fixed it the same day. All in all it is a hidden gem.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Trixy10
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

If you don’t care where you sleep, you may go for this hotel, certainly not if you are on vacation or with family.
Rooms are not so clean. Probably they never vacuum cleaned the entire room. There was all kinds of crap in tight corners, behind couch, night stands etc. Towels were worn-out, bathroom was not clean. Kitchenette does not have adequate cutlery.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!