“Nice easy breezy” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Nice easy breezy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean and comfy hotel. Nice market in hotel as well as beverage and snack bar. Pool area was nice to sit in after long work day.

Parking was fast and easy as well as check in. The gym was well maintained.

Only wish there was complimentary coffee but everything else was great.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Jfu24

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Your review details so much of what makes our hotel such a great place to stay. Marriott has strict standards and we are happy that we met and exceeded your expectations.
We hope that your business will bring you back to the beautiful city of Weston! Thanks again for your review.

Doris D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A bit out of the way from where I was doing business, but a nice hotel. The lobby is clean, spacious, and bright. Check in was quick and efficient, though I wish the agent had something about hotel amenities. Room was typical for a Courtyard. Wifi worked well. Bed was a bit softer than preferred but comfortable enough. The only real complaint is that the desk outlets did not work - discovered electronic devices did not charge upon departure.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Neponset,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the outlets, that is not typical and I reassure you that I have immediately addressed the issues with my team to ensure they were fixed.
On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Waldwick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Old style courtyard that is need a major room refurb. Old carpet (with the outline of an iron burned into it) that had stains. Furniture is beat up. It is also lacking outlets near the bed.

Lobby is new but that does little for the experience especially when there is no coffee available on Sundays by 7 am

Stay here on price only

Stayed March 2015
MonicaCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to comment about the hotel. We appreciate your honest opinion and keep these comments in mind as we create and make changes to our long-term renovation planning. We strive to staff a team of associates that owns our Spirit to Serve and enables our guests to have an enjoyable stay in Weston.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

The rooms were very nice and spacious. On a business trip so I did not get to use any of the amenities, but I found the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. I would definitely stay again on future trips to the area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Dear Dustin S,

We appreciate you taking time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston. I am happy that you had a great stay and that you were pleased with accommodations.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Weston. On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Weston, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

Stayed here for 2 nights on business.

LIKES:
Clean lobby and rooms
Computer desk with reasonably quick wifi
Comfortable bed (although a bit soft)
HVAC kept room at steady, comfortable temperature

DISLIKES:
Paper thin walls. I could hear every conversation from my neighbor, along with their TV and hair dryer. When they left after the first day, I could again hear my new neighbors.

The HVAC is right next to computer desk (inches away), so air blows on you while you are working.

Unimpressed with food availability: long line for sub-par breakfast (worsened by only 2 people responsible for taking orders, cooking limited menu items, making lattes and delivering orders to tables). Would prefer a real coffee shop that was also open for lunch.

Desk staff were professional but quite cold and impersonal. Other reviews have raved about the staff, so perhaps I just was unlucky.

While the room was sufficient for one person, more than 2 people would have difficulty with the limited sink vanity space. My room had a sofa bed, which would truly have created a disaster in the bathroom.

Although this property was remodeled recently, the designer must have been a fan of 80's sit-coms as the room decor looked dated. If not for the nice flat screen TV, you could have believed you'd traveled back in time.

SUMMARY:
While not a bad place to stay, I was admittedly disappointed considering all of the glowing reviews. Considering the price point and the fact it is not remotely close to the beach (if that was your priority), it seemed rather expensive for what it delivered. (That being said, perhaps all of the hotels in the area are overpriced as well.) However, should I need to return to this area, will opt for something else.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MonicaCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Seth:

Thank you for taking the time to give us details about your experience at the Weston Courtyard Marriott. We really appreciate all your feedback and observations and have shared them with our team. We take pride in grooming professional staff and as we are part of a fmaily owned service company, want to ensure that our team is pleasant as well. In south Florida, the first part of the year is peak season and rates tend to run high. I hope you will reconsider us again if you visit the area again. We would love to have you back!
Viera, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

With an excellent location off I-75 and near Saw Grass Expressway, the Courtyard Hotel , was a good choice. The rooms were reasonably large with a 42 in TV screen and free WIFI. There is Weston Bagels Too within 1 minute from the Hotel for a good breakfast and super bagels. The surroundings were pleasant with an available pool and work out room. A good place which enables you to be at the cornerstone of highways so you can travel in all directions to reach I-595, I-75 and Sawgrass Expressway.

Room Tip: Select a room overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, March 12, 2015
Mr. Rick W,

I am pleased to hear that our convenient location, maintained property and great staff met your expectations. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We traveled to Fort Lauderdale at the end of January and chose to stay at this Marriott based on all the good reviews. Not sure how they received good reviews but luckily for other folks their stays were more pleasant than ours.

I originally had reserved rooms at a rate of about $200 a night with breakfast for one. Two days before our departure, I noticed that this property was offering a lower rate with breakfast for two for the same time period. I called the property to ask whether we could get this lower rate. The hotel employee seemed to struggle to understand what I wanted, and in the middle of the conversation, the line was disconnected. At that point, I decided it was more efficient to do the transaction online. I logged into my Marriott account, and discovered the lower rate was available for three of the four nights. I also discovered that I had an electronic certificate that is issued annually to Marriott Visa Card holders. The certificate was good for one free night at up to a five star Marriott property. I canceled the existing reservation, re-booked the first night using the Marriott Visa Card certificate, and booked the rest of the nights at the lower rate.
We arrived the first night after midnight. Upon check-in, we were informed that the manager had decided that the Marriott Visa card certificate for a one-night free stay was not valid (despite the fact that the Marriott.com site allowed the transaction to go through), and that we were going to be charged at the government rate for the first night (around $200 a night plus taxes). No manager was available to discuss. After about an hour of haggling, we took the room at the government rate, and continued to dial Marriott, hoping to find someone who could assist. After calling four times and being placed on hold and forgotten about, we were able to get a Marriott Rewards representative on the phone who was able to walk the hotel employee through the process of how to use the certificate. I wish I had asked her name so I could write a note about the one good thing Marriott had to offer that trip, her effort was much appreciated.
It would have been nice if the manager had called or tried to contact me or Marriott about the certificate problem.

Now, on to the included breakfast the second morning in the hotel. I really wish we had skipped the up-charge for the breakfast and resolved to eat somewhere else. It was not clear whether we should seat ourselves or pay first. We sat, and were told to go pay. So we got up from our tables (the dining room was empty except for one other family that was also not sure about how we were to be served) and went to the cashier. When we explained that we had two included breakfasts but four family members, the cashier demanded to know right then who was getting the included breakfast in our party. Couldn’t the hotel just give us free breakfast coupons at check-in and let us decide earlier? Quick, kids, who is really hungry and going to order the omelet, and who just wants the oatmeal? Then, before we had even been served, she wanted to point out that there was a section for tip. Her tone was demanding. We managed to get in our order, and the food was brought out by the server surprisingly quickly. The bacon was cold and hard, the eggs tasted like they had been in a chaffing dish and not cooked to order, and the coffee we ordered never appeared. So I went to fetch the coffee from the server who was working the coffee station by the cashier, to only be ignored. At that point the cashier decided to stop taking orders from the folks in line to tell me that I did not order coffee, shaking her finger at me as if to scold me for trying to steal from her. I reminded her that my husband ordered the coffee and he never received it. Way too much drama for a coffee. At that point, we asked the front desk whether we could get a refund for the upcharge on the breakfasts, and we were informed that it was “included in the price” and there was nothing they could do, but that we could eat somewhere else - to which we took their advice for the next few days. Free is not free when it comes with a side of hostility! No one cared that we were unhappy with the service.

The upside of this story is that we discovered a much more fun Waffle House in Davie where we had our next breakfast. Much better service, less pretentious, and the food was cooked to order (not held in a chaffing dish around the corner).

Next time we come to visit family in South Florida, we will try out the nearby Hampton Inn. We were trying to stay within our usual Marriott brands, but that won’t work in Weston.

Room Tip: choose a room in another hotel or go camping.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
MonicaCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear Kristina, thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your recent stay. I have taken the proper measurements so this would not happen again with another guest. So if your travels bring you back to the area we hope you give us another opportunity. I would like to earn your trust, please contact me at your convenience, I'd like to personally apologize and to discuss if there is anything we can do for you. Earning back your trust is of upmost importance. ada.lopez@marriott.com 954-343-2225 ext 6610

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!