“very clean and satisfactory, but....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Miami, Florida
“very clean and satisfactory, but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

overall it was a clean and decent hotel. I would stay there again, but the ice-maker on our floor wasn't working and the jacuzzi was luke-warm and way, way, way over-chlorinated. I couldn't stay in the jacuzzi because the chlorine was burning my eyes even when i was just sitting on the side with my feet in the water.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Doris D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Michael L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, that is not typical and I reassure you that I have immediately addressed the issues with my team to ensure they were corrected.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Weston. On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Weston, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Doris Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here again for a quick overnight and it was nice :) . This time that I stayed, the lobby has gotten fully redone which looks pretty nice!
Now the rooms... You can tell they were done a few years back but they didn't update everything!! The signage is still old and has the old Courtyard style. The lamps and lighting are older, the closet doors are the older style and the bathroom is still kind of dated.

Beds were fantastic and room was very cozy!!! Also Ada at the front desk was fantastic :-) , she was also there when I went in 2009.

Great Hotel and I would gladly stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear JM11Traveler,

On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our renovated lobby and new Bistro has been well accepted by our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to improve our hotel. We can't wait to see you the next time you come to town!

Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Was here on business for a couple days, and my first time to the area. Beautiful property, great location, very good service. Rooms were well-kept, as were the public areas. Would definitely stay out again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear JJHenley,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Our renovated lobby, patio and new Bistro have been well accepted by our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well. I was also happy to read that you found your room and accommodations to be very clean.

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here for one night before our cruise and we were very pleased with accommodations. The hotel was clean and very quite. Very nice pool area and lobby. We had Breakfast at the hotel and found it to be a little below average.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston. I am happy that you had a great stay and that you were pleased with accommodations. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to improve our hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Weston. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Leesburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've stayed at Marriott properties near and far and this one is adequate. Pricey too. This is my second stay here, as my mother is having surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, I was given a hefty discount, when I asked if there was one, which makes the stay worthwhile. It appears clean. The location is good and it is quiet and I feel safe here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Wendi P.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I am pleased that you took advantage of our Cleveland Clinic Rate. Don't forget we are also always happy to shuttle you back and forth to your appointments in our complimentary shuttle. It means a great deal to me that you enjoyed your stay in our quiet and safe location. We hope to see you again the next time you come to town!

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a pleasant stay here. Wonderful outside seating area perfect for unwinding with colleagues after a day of work! Great place to enjoy the beautiful Florida weather. Very clean rooms and close to a publix and places to go. Only a 20ish minute drive to the beach!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Doris D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear zsunshine4444,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston. We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Our renovated lobby, patio and new Bistro have been well accepted by our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed it as well. I was also happy to read that you found your room and accommodations to be very clean. We hope to see you again in the future!

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We travel often for business and personal and often choose a Marriott property. Recently we were in South Florida for a funeral and with family just down the street in Weston, we chose the Weston Courtyard Marriott without even reading reviews since we are so familiar with what is almost always excellent service and nice accomodations.

Unfortunately, we were sorely disappointed. The public areas are well appointed, but the rooms are small and dingy and the housekeeping was awful to non-existent. Housekeeping completely missed us the first day, despite taking our "do not disturb" sign off the door and being gone most of the day. The staff sent up someone to take out our garbage and provide fresh towels when we returned in the evening and called down to complain. We were gone all day again the second day and returned to a room with an odd smell, and clearly not cleaned. The bed was made but that was about it. The floor had not been vacuumed, dirty glasses remained, nothing was straightened and though we did have fresh towels, they left only 2, did not replace the bath mat and it was difficult to tell if the bathroom had even been cleaned.

Again I called down to complain and was told that we would have 25% taken off our bill for one night. I figured I would deal with this at checkout since I thought that a mediocre response at best. This hotel is not cheap and my expectation is to have at least the minimum in housekeeping, which we did not get. When I went to check out, the manager was not very nice and insisted that the first day of no service did not qualify since I had the DND sign on the door in the morning. It took an argument to get her to relent to the 25% on the second day and then only very reluctantly and with a big sigh.

The bill was difficult to understand when it was printed and it turned out they forgot to give me the second page that had come out of the printer, but instead, showed exasperation at my questions about where the credit was posted.

Next time we are in South Florida, we will find a different hotel. And you can be sure I am elevating this to the District Manager level at a minimum. HQ was closed today because of snow but as soon as I find a name, I am forwarding this complaint.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MonicaCY, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. If you would be so kind and contact our General Manager at cy.fllwc.gm@marriott.com with your personal contact information it would be much appreciated.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!