“In the middle of nowhere” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Weston
The Netherlands
“In the middle of nowhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We arrived late at this hotel around 1 am. The hotel that we originally booked,
the Residence Inn by Marriott at Miami Aventura Mall, turned out to be over booked.

So we had to travel 25 miles to Weston as being the closest available alternative.

The staff at the reception in Westin wasn't aware of our arrival.

Fortunately they did had a room available.

This hotel is a standard courtyard hotel close to the highway and a long drive from either Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

The organisation compensated for the overbooking but it goes without saying that the service we received was way below par.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Randal P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write the review. It sounds like the Residence Inn was not very helpfull, but it does sound like the Courtyard Weston despite being further away from your desired destination, was able to take good care of you. Thanks again for your comments, they help us improve.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I would've had a wonderful stay at this Courtyard if I hadn't seen.....a roach. Yes, yes, a cockroach. I hate those. They indicate to me a nasty hotel. Even though the cleanliness of this hotel was impeccable. I was more disappointed than grossed out. Besides that, the room was nice. And the lobby cafe was tasty. Next time I come to Weston, I would stay in this hotel again...hopefully not having any extra members in my room besides my family.

Room Tip: Try to avoid being on the highway side. A bit noisy but can be overlooked.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Randal P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is much appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and the Bistro tasty. We pride ourselves on delivering this type of product. The roach I can tell you is very uncommon, and was likely traveling from the exterior on his way somehwere else. As a precaution we have fumigated again and do not anticipate this to happen again. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Roswell, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm a Marriott Gold Member and stay in more than a few Courtyards... I switched my business over from Hilton as I dislike to an extreme level the little "marsh-mellow" pillows that Hilton has, and very much like the comfortable Courtyard pillows. The first thing that I noticed when I checked in my room were the marsh-mellow pillows that I left Hilton for. This is the first Courtyard that I have noticed these in. Another gripe that I have with this Courtyard was with the morning coffee service, which from what I have read is a hot subject with Courtyard travelers, and certainly is with me. I like to go down at 6 a.m., get a paper, and get a cup of coffee at the coffee station. There was no coffee available, and not available in the Bistro until 6:30. I was told that Courtyards "do not have morning coffee service anymore" by the Front Desk, except that I stayed in a Courtyard the night before and several times last week that did. Before the Manager chimes in that all of the rooms have "in-room" coffee service, might I say that I don't know any business traveler that wants to use those in-room machines that give a very bad cup of coffee, and that have probably never been cleaned and sanitized. I'll opt for another hotel when traveling to this area...

Room Tip: I stayed on the Expressway side - the room was a little noisy from freeway traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Randal P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay at the Courtyard. We are very pround that we now serve Starbucks Coffee and have found that our guests love it! We also proudly serve it 24 hours a day, so a cup is available anytime around the clock.
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 and considered it an excellent value then. Our opinion now is the same, but there have been improvements to the property.

Late in 2012, they renovated the entire lobby area. What used to be a breakfast-only buffet has been replaced with a "bistro". You can now get breakfast, light lunch and light dinner. For the most part, everything is pre-made and reheated, though you can get eggs made to order in the morning.

They have Starbucks coffee, though the selection is limited and it is not made on the premises. You can order from a small but nice list of wines by the glass, beer, and a small selection of mixed cocktails. The 6-ounce pour of wine seems to be much more generous than that!

I had a turkey Ruben for dinner one evening and is was quite tasty and impossible to tell whether it was pre-made or made fresh on the spot.

The bistro operates from 5:30 am to 2 pm, then runs again from 5 pm to 9:45 pm.

I do not know about using this property if you are using it as a vacation hub, though I suppose that depends on your itinerary, but if you are a business traveler, the setup is ideal.

We were her for appointments at the Cleveland Clinic just a mile or so away. This Courtyard has a special rate for folks going to the Clinic. You get the room and full breakfast for 2 for $139 at this writing. And staff works hard to accommodate special needs for Clinic guests: late checkouts, sudden changes in stay requirements (check out early, stay longer than inticipated, etc.) are graciously accommodated.

The room was typical of higher quality hotels, nothing really extraordinary, but the friendliness of the staff and the willingness to assist made the stay quite enjoyable.

Whenever we are back in Weston, the Courtyard will be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Almost any room would be good. Whenever I was in the hallways, they were quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randal P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We are very proud of our renovation and the new Bistro! Everything is very fresh and all Starbucks Coffee is freshly brewed on site for optimum quality.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Spent two nights at this Courtyard. There isn't much to say about it, other than: It's exactly what you've come to expect from the Courtyard family. Staff was pleasant, lobby was clean and friendly. The room was typical Courtyard. Clean, comfortable and built for the business traveler. The bed was extremely comfortable and provided a great nights sleep. The room was extremely quiet with no outside noise.

One thing of note for my room (204) was that the TV had some huge scratches on it that were visable while watching TV. The other thing that was weird to me was that when you turned on the TV, the initial volume was very loud and shocking at 5am. Suggestion to staff - find a way to lower the initial volume.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are very pleased that you chose to stay with us while visiting Weston and that you had a pleasant stay. We are very happy with our renovation and have received lots of positive feedback. We have already addressed the issue found with the television, and thank you for bringing it to our attention.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room was comfortable and roomy. Hot tub was working but not real hot. Having a cold spell so the pool was not able to be used. Good location near route 75. There are lots of stores and places to eat in the area.. Got extra towels and coffee from the housekeeper who was cleaning the room next door. She was very pleasant. Looking for coffee at 6 am but the starbucks was not open. It was a Saturday so not sure if that was why. Overall it was a pleasant one night stay but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you fvery much or taking the time to provide feedback from your stay. Our pool is heated to 82 degrees year round and our hot tub is checking in at a very comfortable 104 degrees.
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have stayed at Marriott many times. This particular property was really no different, it was still the high standards that you would expect from Marriott. The bed was comfy, we love their pillows, bathroom was clean. The only bad thing I can say about this property was don't bother with getting a drink at "The Bistro". The hotel has "The Bistro" in the lobby and you can get snacks, Starbucks coffee, and wine by the glass, beer, or several liquors. We ordered 1 Baileys on ice, and 1 Makers Mark on ice, he brought us 1 shot in a glass with ice and said " that will be $25.00" I was floored.Other than that, this is a great hotel, swimming pool, hot tub, and gym.

Room Tip: Top floor was alot quieter than the 1st floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your stay. Our new lobby and Bistro have been wonderfull additions. I am sorry regarding the Bistro bar experience. We have evaluated and adjusted our product pricing and quality based on your comments.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!