“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Weston
florida
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just returned from a stay with our soccer team. Everything was great. Clean, comfortable. conveniently located. Good breakfast. The renovations are not an inconvenience, as everything you need is still there, just in a slightly smaller space. All staff seemed were friendly and hospitable. I would like to mention Diana in particular, who was on the front desk. Nothing was too much trouble for her, and she made us very welcome. The tall blonde lady serving Sunday breakfas was excellet too - sorry, I did not get her name. All in all, the staff were wonderful. My only slightly negative issue was the high, firm 'square' pillows which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. On night two though, I looked more closely at them , and found that if I untucked the pillowcase, the pillow could be uncompressed into a 'normal' confortable pillow. Much better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Randal P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, November 27, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here on 10/08/12 very clean...remodeling front lobby... but other than that I liked this hotel... will return when we are back in the area... good prices, great places to eat close by....very nice,,,,

Room Tip: Very close to Cleveland Clinic...nice place...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Randal P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are very excited about our renovation which will be complete in Mid November. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Fort Lauderdale, Weston from August 6th to August 9th for Medical purposes. As a Front Desk Agent at one of our other Marriott properties, I was impressed with a few things that I would like to share. The property was very clean and the maid did an excellent job in ensuring that my room was cleaned in a timely manner throughout my stay. The shuttle drivers to the Cleveland Clinic were amazing and very helpful. My check-in was a little in between. However, it was my second day on property, when I came in contact with Tiffany one of the Front Desk Agents (who reminded me so much of myself) that placed the icing on the cake.

Her Passion for service which happens to be one of Marriott's Genuine Care BASICS could not have gone unnoticed. Tiffany was very helpful and assisted me kindly. Coming from a Front Desk Agent to another Front Desk Agent….. Way to go Tiffany! You Rock!!!!!!

Lissa (smile)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderfull comments regarding Tiffany. She is an outstanding employee and truly embodies the Spirit to Serve which drives our service culture. We hope that you will return soon.
Grand Cayman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

It was our first time staying here. We go to the hotel early (around 11 am) and we were able to check in right away. The Front Desk clerk was very friendly and the check in was very fast...
The location of the hotel is good if you are renting a car, otherwise there is nothing close to it.
As a plus is very close to Sawgrass Mills and the parking is free :)
The only reason why I am giving a 2 is because the cleanliness in the room. We got to the room and it looked clean, however in the bathroom we found several hairs in the tub, in the shower curtain and in the bathroom walls.
While I know hairs are very hard to get rid of, it looked ike the housekeeper didn't even care to make sure the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate the feedback very much. I am glad that our staff took such good care of you while you were here, with the exception of the bathroom of course. This is very unusual as you can tell from all the other comments, but we have addressed the issue and are confident that it will not recur.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, comfortable bed and great hot breakfast. It was perfect. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two separate nights as a bookend to a wedding trip in Orlando. On both nights, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the room was clean and spacious. There are plenty of great restaurants in the area, most within a few minutes by car. The beds were comfortable and the room was what I'd expect from a proper Marriott. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. When we checked in for the second night at the end of the trip, the staff welcomed us back to the hotel and asked how the rest of our trip had been. As a whole week had passed since we were there last, I was impressed by this.

I will admit that the internet in the hotel was slow and almost pointless to use. The 4G on my phone is leaps and bounds faster. If you're printing out boarding passes in the hotel lobby, make sure you give yourself about 10 minutes to complete the job.

All things considered, I really have no serious gripes with this hotel. I feel that it's a typical example of what any hotel in the Marriott chain should be. The next time I'm in Weston, I will absolutely stay here.

Room Tip: The west side of the hotel has great views if you're on a higher floor. Unfortunately, the elev...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Hotel was clean, nicely decorated. Located in a very nice area, lots of walking trail, parks. Would stay again. Check in was 3:00 but we were able to check in by 11:30

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Weston? Share your experiences!