“Only because is cheaper than a hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Vacation Village at Bonaventure
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33455   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Weston
Caracas, Venezuela
“Only because is cheaper than a hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a good option only for saving money. Nothing else. Even though they gave me an upgrade, I received a room with the worst mattress you can imagine. They sent someone who told me they would replace the mattress. I came back at night and the same mattress was there. I complained and they changed me to another room. The mattress was average, not very good but enough to rest.
Be careful because they force you to pay US 25 in advance for "amenities", which include security box and wifi services. I complained I didn't know this and I refused to pay for such "amenities" (by the way for me these are NOT amenities at all). However, they forced me to pay that amount even though I didn't want to use them. As I paid, I used the wifi (limited to only 2 devices) but service was really bad.
Are you looking for a good sleeping until late? This is not for you. Persian blinds allow the light enters. Also keep out from the pool! My room was closed to the pool and you hear everything. It is not a quieter room AT ALL. I stayed at Heron II. Floor 1.
Advantage? You pay less than a hotel and can make breakfast and/or dinner into your unit what helps you to save money.

Room Tip: Are you looking for a good sleeping until late? This is not for you. Persian blinds allow the light...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Although we’re thankful for your review, we apologize that we weren’t able to meet all of your expectations during your stay. Superior service is our top priority and we never want anyone to leave without the best experience possible. We hope that our spacious rooms and relaxing environment will entice you to choose us again and allow us another opportunity to show you why we’re always the best choice for a Weston vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is our 4 th time we stay here. Really is nice place, this time we stay in sand pipper I building this time, the rooms are really big (wee stay in A suite), but the furniture, kitchens appliances are from the 80'or 90. We have problem with the cleaning services,,didn't come in a week, and I the other week came 3 times in a road. The staff is EXCELLENT, always trying to help.
Please put some light in the barbecue places!....

Room Tip: There's some building that were renew.... May consider check this first.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your favorable review and recognizing the value we offer our guests. Although we didn’t meet all of your expectations, we’re thankful that you have enjoyed your vacations with us and that you believe that our resort is a great choice for a relaxing vacation. We hope that you return soon so that we may share our friendly hospitality with you again.
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Some people only go onto trip advisor to complain. This resort is everything I expected, we are still here. We are in Heron 1 building we originally had a B Block apartment but after reading reviews asked for an A by email which they did.it is a lovely apartment with Jacuzzi, balcony and great facilities. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Weston very central so have done everything on our list. Key West trip good and also Billy Swamp Safari. Do not read negative reviews as they are being too picky. Obviously internet up to speed as writing this on balcony. If you want to see this part of Florida then this is your place. Home tomorrow and would definitely come back if did not live in U.K.

Room Tip: Block B as got a balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your amazing recommendation of Vacation Village at Bonaventure! We’re thrilled that you are enjoying our resort and services while on vacation. Unfortunately, no one resort can be everything to everyone, but we do try to make all of our guests happy in any way we can. Most of the time we’re quite successful and our guests return to vacation with us again and again. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to share our hospitality again with you the next time your travels bring you to Florida.
Houston, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am an owner here (yes this is a time share). If you stay here they will try to get you to go to a "reception" so they can show you what they are selling. You don't have to do this. I told them no at check in about 3 times (nicely of course) and that was pretty much the end of it. They left some leaflets at my room inviting me to come and claim my free gift, but I just ignored them. I didn't feel pressured at all, but that might be because I am already an owner.
It is hard to find anything online regarding the layout of this place. It is spread out over an entire neighborhood and finding your way around will take some time. Once you get the lay of the land though, you should be fine, but I would suggest having a car. I have included a picture of one the maps of the area to give you an idea of the different buildings and options you have when you make a reservation. You can request certain things, but you are not guaranteed to get any of them (building, floor, near pool, away from pool, away from elevators, etc..). I must say though they gave me everything I asked for. The folks at the check-in desk seem to really want to get you what you want so you have a nice stay. They were very friendly and accommodating. I originally asked for something near the golf course, by a pool, as high as I could get. When I was checking in and saw a map of the different buildings, I showed the girl checking us in exactly where I wanted our room to be. We had to wait an additional 30 minutes or so for the room to be ready. Not a big deal for us and well worth it. We stayed at the Heron II building. If you want to google it the address is: 16700 Blatt Blvd 306 Ft. Lauderdale FL, 33326. We stayed in room 508 A and B. 5th floor, next to the pool. The golf course behind the building looks as if it is under repaire so no golfers to worry about. Was very quite and having the pool (very nice pool) so close was cool. Also, we had no problem with people trying to "reserve" chairs by placing towels on them. If fact the rules for the pool state that no reservations of pool furniture is allowed, so If does happen I am sure you can tell one of the staff members and get it taken care of,
If you don’t’ know already, most of the “rooms” are 2 bedrooms that consist in an A side and a B side. You can stay in one or the other or both. We had both. The place is huge. I had myslef and my wife, my adult son, his girlfriend staying there. We also had my wife’s family come and visit and stay with us a couple of nights (they totaled 4 adults and a toddler). So at some point we had 8 adults and 1 child staying there and everyone was comfortable. Of course my son was happy to get entire “b” side to himself once the visit was over.
The rooms are clean. There were flat screens in bedrooms and common areas, as well as DVD players. We had a little portable radio/CD player in our suite as well but it was broken. Didn’t need it anyway but still it didn’t work. You can read the other reviews on furnishings and all of that. Wasn’t fancy, but didn’t feel run down or anything. A little old maybe? The kitchen as most everything you would want to cook meals (which we did). One of the burners on the stove (electric) didn’t work, but that didn’t have an impact on what we were cooking. Oven worked well.
Not a bad area. Not much to do in the immediate area, but lots of stuff just a short drive. If you are over 25 and want to go to the beach I would suggest skipping Ft. Lauderdale. That has to be the worst beach I have ever stepped foot on. I walk directly in a straight line from the side walk to the waters edge and back and saw broken glass, beer bottle tops, and lots of cigarette butts and other trash….lots of it! We found a little city north of Ft. Lauderdale called Lauderdale by the Sea. Hardly anyone there, great beach and best of all there is an actual reef 100 yards from shore you can dive or snorkel to right from the beach. Very cool.
All in all we had an average stay. It wasn’t life changing, but not disappointing either. We were comfortable. I would recommend this to folks that are pretty easing going.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recommendation of Vacation Village at Bonaventure. Guest reviews are a valuable tool for those who are planning trips and your comments will surely assist others with their plans. Our resort has seven guest buildings so we provide a map of the area at check in. We apologize for the faulty items in your room. We want our guests to enjoy all of the amenities we offer, so the next time you visit please let us know of any issues you find so we can take care of them while you’re still on vacation. It is our goal to provide a great vacation at a great value for our owners and guests and we appreciate your loyalty to our resort. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again at your home away from home in Weston.
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and each time I had a very pleasant stay. The apartments are clean. You can request fresh linens at any time. The pools are never packed. It's also central too shopping and the highway to get to you bigger cities.

Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your lovely recommendation of Mizner Place at Weston Town Center. We’re happy that you have continually enjoyed our beautiful suites and amazing location and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Weston.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is becoming an annual event to get out of the snow in the north. This year it was March so we had already had some storms hit us and we were ready for some fun in the sun in South Florida.
The Vacation Village property in the Ft. Lauderdale area is the best because it is so convenient to everything you would want to do. Freeway access is the best with I595 and I75 just outside the property that can get you to Miami in 30 minutes and Naples in an hour and a half. The beach at Ft. Lauderdale is just 15 minutes and the Hard Rock Casino 10 minutes and if you like Golf, Tennis, Swimming or Fishing you are surrounded by it at the property. I can't believe how fast the month went by with different activities everyday. My favorite was the deep sea fishing off the reef in Ft. Lauderdale for only $45 for a half day while my wife did her shopping at the famous SawGrass Mall. For night life the Hard Rock Casino with Las Vegas Style Gambling was down the street 10 minutes away. Nothing cures a hang over better than the jacuzzie at the resort.and our price for the month was only $2100 or $525 a week with VTSR com.

This is a no brainier and with kitchen in the unit and barbecue by the pool it was home cooking that beats restaurant food any day. With the large screen Tv and Internet in the unit even the couch potato in the family was happy.

Room Tip: I like the units by the Gold Course so I could walk to the Pro shop.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience with us. We are truly blessed with a great location, great accommodations and a great staff to deliver service day in and day out. We can’t wait for you to come back to Vacation Village at Bonaventure!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is my 3rd visit to Vacation Village at Bonaventure in Weston, FL and it will not be my last. It was quiet and relaxing. The pool we used was beautiful and the room was too. Our unit was a one bedroom and it had everything you could want, just like being at home, we cooked in the full kitchen, made breakfast every morning and even cooked a couple dinners so we didn't have to spend money eating out. There's a Publix nearby at Weston Town Center and we went there almost every day. The staff at Vacation Village is very helpful and friendly and the location is perfect if you want to visit Ft Lauderdale, Miami or any part of South Florida. All the major highways are right there to jump on and go. We spent several days just lounging by the pool soaking up the warm Florida sun.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience because we love to hear from repeat guests about their time at Vacation Village at Bonaventure. We’re thrilled that you have continually enjoyed your accommodations and our amenities and we appreciate your loyalty to our resort. We look forward to sharing our friendly hospitality and the warm Florida sun with you again on your next vacation!

Been to Vacation Village at Bonaventure? Share your experiences!