“Fun Times at Vacation Village at Bonaventure” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Village at Bonaventure to your Saves list
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
401 Racquet Club Road, Weston, FL 33455   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Weston
“Fun Times at Vacation Village at Bonaventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Vacation Village at Bonaventure is a great place to stay. It's secluded from the hustle and bustle of Ft. Lauderdale, but still not to far from the beaches. I especially enjoyed the daily activities that were held. We were able to participate in water volleyball, powerwalking, water aerobics, poolside bingo, name that tune (we won a prize), and karaoke to name a few. The pool at the Weston building (check-in) is a large size pool. The employees were very friendly and we were able to meet many different types of vacationers. One couple had visited Vacation Villages over ten times. This was just our first vist there, but we would visit again. The resort facilities were easily accessible such as the laundry room and trash chutes. The check-in and check out process was easy. The beverages by the pool was a nice compliment. The jacuzzi in the room was very relaxing as well as our entire stay. Lastly, thank you to the housekeeping department for helping us clean up the big mess we made in the room when we dropped a glass bottle. Overall we had a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 'A' and 'B'. The rooms were clean and very nice. It was just enou...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
We cannot thank you enough for your wonderful comments about your stay at Vacation Village at Bonaventure Resort! You have made the whole resort buzz with your TripAdvisor comments and the morale boost will last through the summer for our staff. It is a pleasure for us to know that we were successful in providing you with a good experience and we can’t wait for you to come back.

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I booked this resort through my father-in-laws timeshare ownership point system. We stood at this resort from May 4th - May 11th and were given a silver package room due to the fact that it was a transfer from where he originally owns in Orlando. The rooms are really dated and not what you would expect to get compared to the pictures on the website.

We checked in on Friday and by Tuesday May 8th my husband got bitten alive by bed bugs. At first we thought the mosquitoes were attacking him since this is the usual case for him but on the evening of the 10th I found an actual live one and was able to capture it and give it to the building management dept. as evidence. They obviously tried to down play it as if it was nothing big and didn't send a pest control specialist to clean our clothing or the room but moved us to another room for the last night. We obviously did not sleep and have been living the bed bug nightmare that many have and are living with now that we are home. At first we thought only my husband was eaten alive, but once we got home on Saturday morning we found that all three of us including my 9 month old were bitten. The only person who survived them was my mom and that's only because she slept in the living room sofa bed which apparently was not infested.

We arrived home at our local airport 12 midnight on Sat. and literally went to the laundromat to wash everything in hot water and ended up throwing away our luggage because there was no way of washing them and didn't want to risk bringing any bed bugs to our home. Just imagine a couple with a baby at a 24hr laundry with suitcases. Needless to say we looked homeless and didn't arrive to our home until 4AM Saturday, May 12th. None of us have slept and I spent my first mothers day taking precautionary action against bed bugs and cleaned my house from top to bottom.

My father-in-law was reimbursed for the points used, but that did not include the transfer fee that he had to pay of $300 plus the costs of what we spent to wash our laundry and replace our luggage. We only received an email after we emailed the management company saying that we were reimbursed. No appology was ever given to us for the trouble and the on going hell that we are living due to the bed bugs. We still feel as if we're being bitten and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Please stay away. It is not worth anything to go through what we have been through and still are facing the uncertainty of finding one. These bed bugs are the worst type of plague that you can imagine. They are so hard to get rid of if you do get them in your home.

Room Tip: Stay away from Heron II. This is the building we stood in.
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
We appreciate you sharing your experience and are very sorry for the issues you had during your stay. Unfortunately though no hotel or resort is immune to a bedbug infestation. Guests from all over the world are arriving every day and can potentially bring in bed bug infested luggage with them. Vacation Village Resorts maintains a vigilant policy to prevent infestation and eradicate the bugs on those rare occurrences when found. First, employees go through an in-depth training on how to inspect the room and identify bed bugs. If they are reported, guests are immediately moved out of the room and the infected room is sealed. Professional services are obtained to inspect and treat the room. As you can see by the many reviews here on TripAdvisor we have received high marks for our cleanliness and attentive staff. It seems in the case of your visit we fell short in our service and we sincerely regret that we could not provide you with the great vacation experience that so many of our other guests have had. Thank you for your comments and we hope your unfortunate experience with us does not deter you from visiting Weston in the future.
Davie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Booked a last minute one night stay here for my boyfriends birthday, I came here prior to his birthday dinner so that we could be all checked in once we got there later that night. The whole thing after check out can be rather confusing. They have different buildings spread around Bonaventure and maybe I am not very good at navigating but it took me a hot minute trying to find our building. Once I did I went inside to check out the room. The whole building seemed very shady, no one around with dimly lit hallways and it didnt smell very clean either. The room was okay, there was a kitchen and a little dining room table plus a couch. Again, everything just seemed really out dated and old...I wasn't too impressed. The place was definitely adequate for a one night stay seeing as how we just used the room to sleep in but if I were taking a solid week's vacation I would absolutely not stay here.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We’re sorry that we failed to meet all of your expectations during your stay. We truly care about our guests and do everything we can to make their vacations exceptional. We hope you allow us another chance and stay with us again so that we may prove that we offer the best lodging value in Weston.
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Did the Winter Music Festival (WMC) in March this year which was scheduled when everything else was going on in Town. Between Spring Breaks and the Tennis Tournament finding a place on Miami Beach was impossible.

I found an add for a timeshare week at the Bonaventure in Ft. Lauderdale area that turned out to be a gold mine. The location was ideal because it was at the intersection of Interstate 75 and Interstate 595 so I was 15 minutes by 4 lane highway to Ft. Lauderdale Beach and 35 minutes to Miami Beach which gave me the best of both worlds. I got to do the Music Festival and see more of South Florida than I could have imagined.

The Bonaventure at Weston was a bonus because Vacation Village has 3 resorts in the area with a free shuttle bus that connected them all for golf, tennis, or swimming and I managed all 3 with most of my time being spent in the biggest Jacuzzi I have ever seen. Between the waterfall in the pool that gave me the best massage on my shoulders I have ever had and the 104 degrees water of the Jacuzzi I was ready for whatever the Music Festival was going to throw at me that night!!!

And the best part was the four of us stole this place for a week from VTSR for only $525. Thanks Bonaventure and thanks VTSR see you next year for WMC 2013.

Room Tip: Check in with a big smile on your face.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your great review! We’re so happy that you appreciated the resort’s convenient location and our many amenities during your stay. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again next year!
Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Very clean with nice pools and good parking. Located in a very upscale area but far from the beaches. Treated well. Unit could use upgrading but very adequate. Lack of free WI FI was a downer. Time share push was very mild and easy to avoid....compared to other places we have been in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We're happy that you enjoyed your time with us and are thankful that you appreciate the value of our resort. We hope that we may share our hospitality with you again the next time you are in Weston.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 2 weeks at the Flamingo 1 building. We are RCI members with timeshare at 2 other resorts in Florida.

Check in was quick and friendly. I loved the aqua fit classes each morning. Alex, the instructor is awesome! All staff were friendly and courteous although it was difficult to communicate with the cleaning staff. The rooms were nice and clean.

The resort has a mid-week unit cleaning at week end they did not replace the same number of towels after the unit was cleaned It was very irritating to have to check the linens, call the front desk, describe what is missing, then receive extra of some things and not enough of other towels each the cleaners had been in. The cost of the safe is irritating. THE COST OF WIFI IS ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE!!! We wasted an entire afternoon trying to locate our nephew's baseball game. The directions had been emailed to us. We finally went into a Dunkin Donuts, had a coffee and FREE wifi and discovered the game we were looking for had been moved to a different field. We were very upset we wasted so much time on our holiday. I was so angry, when we got back to the resort, I complained. There was free wifi at 2 other resorts we had stayed at in Daytona and Orlando. There was free wifi at the hotel we stayed at driving to Florida. I can spend a dollar on a coffee and have free wifi and these units cost $30,000 and they want $50 a week for wifi!!!! The manager on duty gave me a password for free wifi for our stay.
We did not feel secure as the building we stayed in was never locked and it is not a gated community. Anyone at all can walk right in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you sharing the highlights of your trip with us and apologize for the issues you experienced during your vacation. We understand that you do not agree with the fees associated for internet service in our guest rooms, but guests who choose this amenity are paying for the convenience of internet access in their private accommodations, not the service itself. The resort provides free internet service in a common area on property like most hotels. Vacation Village at Bonaventure Resort is not a gated community but it does have on-site security personnel. Our guest rooms also feature a unique security option in that it has a locked common foyer for all A&B suites, in addition to the separate locks for each suite. This means that one would have to use his/her room key to unlock both doors before accessing their private room. We are certainly disappointed that you feel your stay was not all that it could have been. We hope that we will have another opportunity to host you so that we can deliver the type of vacation experience that you and other travelers expect of all the Vacation Village Resort properties.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were in the building right beside the country club I believe it was the Flamingo. You could hear the bass from the music @ the clubhouse with doors & windows closed! Until late hours of the night on a friday night. It loooked as if someone rented it for a birthday party! The deco in the condo were horrible. Everything was from the 80's including the old big tv's w/ little screens. The attached 1 bedroom unit we had ant trouble in the bathroom from the night we checked in. They kept coming up the drain in the tub & under the sink. These were horrible units would never stay their again. Another unit in different building had ant trouble too we discussed one night @ the pool. Absolutely horrible!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Bonaventure, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
We are sorry to hear about your disappointment of the unit during your recent stay at the Flamingo Building at Vacation Village at Bonaventure. Unfortunately we cannot control the music level with our neighbor at the Bonaventure Country club next door but we will address the maintenance issues that you mentioned. As far as the décor and televisions are concerned the Resort does conduct renovations in accordance with industry standards. The televisions are in working order and are being upgraded and replaced with the new flat panel styles as needed and not being repaired at this point in time. We would just prefer not to discard a perfectly working television simply due to aesthetics. We appreciate you sharing your experience and bringing these issues to our attention so that we may work to correct them. We hope that you consider staying with us again in the future and allowing us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to Vacation Village at Bonaventure? Share your experiences!