“Wish we could have sat inside” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqualina Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 110 Restaurants in Weston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N.E. Corner of Royal Palm Blvd and Weston Rd.
Transit: Just West of 75 and one exit North of 595 Acquolina is your first right hand turn on Weston Road when heading North from Royal Palm Blvd. Located on the North End of Waterway Shoppes II
Description: 2010 ZAGAT RATED BEST NEW RESTAURANT IN SOUTH FLORIDA. Acquolina " Italian for mouth watering" is an authentic Southern Italian favorite offering Manhattan style dining with a great atmosphere. We feature a wide variety of off the menu specials prepared fresh daily. Our menu is offered family style as well as individual portions. Please visit our website for a preview of our full menu. Mangia (please specify water side patio preference or inside dining in the notes section)
Boca Raton, FL
“Wish we could have sat inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This restaurant is so popular that if you are lucky enough to get a last minute Sat. eve reservation , the table is outside. Despite fans, it was hot- which made it uncomfortable an detracted from a great meal.
Nice wine list, great appetizers - the fried zucchini was delicious. Great chopped salar. Our party of 5 shared Bronzini, shrimp oreganata, and penne a la vodka....after appetizers and salad it was plenty.
The waiters dished out the family style shared dishes, which was a great added touch.
We all shared one lovely to die for chocolate dessert.
Looking forward to going again in cooler weather or a reserved inside table.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Food Poisoning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Went to Aquolina in Weston for dinner last night for the first and last time. The service was great, the food tasted great, however, three hours the Shrimp Scampi that my husband ate came back up. He had diarrhea and vomiting all night. I called the restaurant the next day to inform them that my husband had food poisoning, the response I got from the Manager was, "we are sorry, but what do you want us to do?" I said that I wanted nothing, but for you to check out your kitchen in how the food is being prepared and to make sure nobody else gets sick. He asked if he went to the doctors, I told him no because he could not leave the bathroom. He did not even ask my name or take my number. Never again!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Margate, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Although it is an upscale restaurant, the lunch menu is quite generous and affordable, and food is served fast.

Visited June 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“A MOST ENJOYABLE DINING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

There was outside seating in comfortable wicker chairs under an overhang on the rear patio. And with a view of a small lake. But it was the wrong time of the year for sitting outdoors. Therefore, I opted for the cool AC indoors. The dining room was neat. White table cloths. Soft lighting over the bar and tables. Pleasant background music. A classy and relaxing atmosphere.

Though the luncheon buffet was being set up, I ordered from the menu. I went for the Lasagna Bolognese Al Forno: "oven baked pasta layered with authentic bolognese meat sauce, bechamel and mozzarella." While that entrée was being prepared a waitperson brought me a basket of fresh Italian bread. Right out of the oven. Actually hot to the touch initially. And very tasty.

The lasagna stack was brought to my table swimming in the meat sauce, just the way I like it. And this entrée was simply delicious. I couldn't put my fork down. There was plenty of food. Though I could have polished off all the lasagna, discretion was the better part of appetite. So I walked out with a doggie bag.

A most enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Italian Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Desperate for some comfort food, I sought out something Italian. I was pleased to find the restaurant able to accommodate me without reservations on Father's Day. While a little on the expensive side, the food was quality and right sized portions. The bread was amazing and I enjoyed dessert. Would visit again.

• Visited June 2014